Patriots WR Josh Gordon reinstated

Apparition

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

But you still are ^_^

Seriously though I was kidding. I was being a smart arse. I do think the Patriots get confusingly inconsistent treatment by the league. This is an example. I think Goodell has a tendency to just use swift justice elsewhere and when it comes to NE, not even he knows what he is gonna do until its done

On 8/19/2019 at 2:07 PM, wwhickok said:

Let's be real they already have asterisks next to 2 SB wins for most of us as it is. But for some reason the league just cant allow them to face adversity. They were about to go into a season without a single relevant WR other than Edleman. The league cant allow that, so Gordon has been immediately reinstated.

If it were any other team, Gordon wouldn't have gotten a response until mid season. 

Does it hurt to have a temperature?    

Did Blackmon or Bryant stay inpatient at a rehab facility for 8 months. Inpatient, not going to meetings but staying pretty much under "house arrest" Now the rehab facility that he went to was probably a 1000 dollars a day type and not sharing a room with 4 other addicts with the DTs.  He Allowed the NFL to monitor his rehab and not just pee into a cup.  

1 minute ago, patman said:

Does it hurt to have a temperature?    

Did Blackmon or Bryant stay inpatient at a rehab facility for 8 months. Inpatient, not going to meetings but staying pretty much under "house arrest" Now the rehab facility that he went to was probably a 1000 dollars a day type and not sharing a room with 4 other addicts with the DTs.  He Allowed the NFL to monitor his rehab and not just pee into a cup.  

Lol. Bottom line the kid has had more than his fair share of chances. This needs to be his last.

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Lol. Bottom line the kid has had more than his fair share of chances. This needs to be his last.

Why does it need to be his last?  I don't get this anti pot kick. It is legal already in a good number of states. The league should not even test for it and probably will not the next contract.  Josh Brown only got suspended for what 6 games for domestic abuse, what was Rice's deal 4 games or something and you think a player should not be able to play ball because he sparks up?  You got guys driving drunk 80MPH in residential neighborhoods with kids in the car and they get to play but someone who uses recreational drugs should not. 

Not to throw politics into it, but they way drugs are treated in this society is one of the biggest reasons this country is hurting. 

Just now, patman said:

Why does it need to be his last?  I don't get this anti pot kick. It is legal already in a good number of states. The league should not even test for it and probably will not the next contract.  Josh Brown only got suspended for what 6 games for domestic abuse, what was Rice's deal 4 games or something and you think a player should not be able to play ball because he sparks up?  You got guys driving drunk 80MPH in residential neighborhoods with kids in the car and they get to play but someone who uses recreational drugs should not. 

Not to throw politics into it, but they way drugs are treated in this society is one of the biggest reasons this country is hurting. 

At the end of the day it has got very little to do with pot. It has to do with league policy. Whether you agree with it or not, how many people can tell me, honestly, they have a job where they can go to and fail a drug test and not immediately get fired or suspended?

I will wait. If there is any of you, it's not many of you. 99% of companies have no drug use policy. If you fail a test you lose your job and you dont get it back.

The NFL gives you plenty of opportunities to adhere to said policy. You gotta be pretty stupid to keep failing drug tests when you know it's against your 'company policy'. 

So no, I dont think he should keep getting chances to obey the rules. This isnt a debate of whether it should be permitted via the NFL or not either. Part of the reason it's not legal in the NFL is because due to its 'intoxicating nature's you could easily get injured and not even be aware of it. Pot isnt even the only substance considered illegal in the NFL. What does matter is that he has willfully violated company policy multiple times and imo, enough is enough. Either obey the rules or go bag groceries but if you fail your test at Walmart they'll fire you too 

8 minutes ago, patman said:

I'm gonna squash this bug before it gets too far, no, it's not. Not even remotely imo. Let's NOT go there because that discussion doesnt end well for anyone.

Just now, wwhickok said:

At the end of the day it has got very little to do with pot. It has to do with league policy. Whether you agree with it or not, how many people can tell me, honestly, they have a job where they can go to and fail a drug test and not immediately get fired or suspended?

I will wait. If there is any of you, it's not many of you. 99% of companies have no drug use policy. If you fail a test you lose your job and you dont get it back.

The NFL gives you plenty of opportunities to adhere to said policy. You gotta be pretty stupid to keep failing drug tests when you know it's against your 'company policy'. 

So no, I dont think he should keep getting chances to obey the rules. This isnt a debate of whether it should be permitted via the NFL or not either. Part of the reason it's not legal in the NFL is because due to its 'intoxicating nature's you could easily get injured and not even be aware of it. Pot isnt even the only substance considered illegal in the NFL. What does matter is that he has willfully violated company policy multiple times and imo, enough is enough. Either obey the rules or go bag groceries but if you fail your test at Walmart they'll fire you too 

You can teach in a public school after being caught for smoking pot in most states. most jobs that require a drug test revolve around safety, truck drivers, etc. 

And yes it is just against the league policy and they now realize how stupid it is and will change it the next CBA.  

And it is not a debate, because they have already agreed to get rid of it IMO. 

1 hour ago, patman said:

You can teach in a public school after being caught for smoking pot in most states. most jobs that require a drug test revolve around safety, truck drivers, etc. 

And yes it is just against the league policy and they now realize how stupid it is and will change it the next CBA.  

And it is not a debate, because they have already agreed to get rid of it IMO. 

It's not a debate because it's currently against the rules. It's that simple. You can't justify past actions by saying what you feel SHOULD be the case because it ISNT the case. 

It can be a safety issue in football too and I believe it will be because you're gonna have guys like Gordon smoking up before taking the field unless individual teams create their own policies and they'll still have to adhere to state law.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:52 AM, buno67 said:

More when he was with the Browns, league had no issues killing his seasons. Goes to the Pats and the dude is special catering. 

Browns months ago, months! Ask the league about allowing Hunt to be around around the team and the facility so they can help him. League still has ruled on that. Gordon files for instatement and gets it in under a month. Here it would months for him to get reinstated when he was with the Browns. 

Actually I think the league has shown in recent rulings that it is being more lenient across the board re:discipline. I dont really think it is a Patriots thing, but I realize that is how some ppl will view it.

13 hours ago, wwhickok said:

It's not a debate because it's currently against the rules. It's that simple. You can't justify past actions by saying what you feel SHOULD be the case because it ISNT the case. 

It can be a safety issue in football too and I believe it will be because you're gonna have guys like Gordon smoking up before taking the field unless individual teams create their own policies and they'll still have to adhere to state law.

Smoking pot before a game? you understand that your are in facility 4 hours prior to kickoff.   

but they are changing the rules, because they understand that the present rules are stupid. In light of that I see them being more lenient going forward until the rule is changed.  

Edited by patman
added info