2018 NFL Draft Thread

Louis Friend

On 3/22/2018 at 9:01 PM, Rockcity2 said:

Freeman.definition of wear n tear 

Watched him again the other day...he should be charged with attempted murder... I'm a big no on this guy

I like freeman but he's my 8th rated RB and the last of the guys I'd be interested in. I think he could be as the pass catcher and pass blocker to pair with say Ronald jones and replace riddick in a year. 

9 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I like freeman but he's my 8th rated RB and the last of the guys I'd be interested in. I think he could be as the pass catcher and pass blocker to pair with say Ronald jones and replace riddick in a year. 

I'd rather take a flyer on a guy like Jaylen Samuels who can play WR/TE/RB to replace Riddick and his $4M price tag. He could be moved around like Riddick but in so many more ways. Could be had in the 4th or 5th rds as well. 

With the draft being tomorrow night, how many people would be upset with a trade down?

Most likely trade partner would be the team Quinn has almost exclusively traded with as GM, the New England Patriots. Word on the interwebz is that the Patriots are enamored with Lamar Jackson for some reason and are looking to move up. 

What scenario would you be okay with?

17 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

With the draft being tomorrow night, how many people would be upset with a trade down?

Most likely trade partner would be the team Quinn has almost exclusively traded with as GM, the New England Patriots. Word on the interwebz is that the Patriots are enamored with Lamar Jackson for some reason and are looking to move up. 

I almost exclusively want this to happen unless an elite guy dropped to 20 at a major position of need. We can absolutely use the extra picks.

10 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm on that train as well. Would love to get #31 and #43 from NE for #20. Not sure what else would need to be included to make that happen. 

I don't know if we would have to drop to 31 in that case. I wouldn't be thrilled if we had to give away any future picks (like I had in a mock draft based on the trade value chart) just to stay in the 20's. The Pats likely would just want to stay on top of a team like the Bengals or the Bills/Giants (depending on what happens with other trades). We have a relatively close relationship already so I imagine we could find a way to make things work.

I'd like to get a 6th somehow as well. Maybe from the Pats or in another slight move down. It's good to have the picks and not have too much of a gap in between selections.

Move #20 to the Patriot for #23 and #43? Then move #23 to the Colts for #36 and #37?

That would give the Lions in rounds 2 & 3 

#36- Isaiah Wynn, G?

#37- Nick Chubb, RB? Rashaad Penny?

#43- Justin Reid, S? Donte Jackson, CB?

#51- Sam Hubbard, DE?

#82- Da'Shawn Hand, DT?

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Move #20 to the Patriot for #23 and #43? Then move #23 to the Colts for #36 and #37?

#36- Isaiah Wynn, G?

#51- Sam Hubbard, DE?

#82- Da'Shawn Hand, DT?

Pass on Hand, but cool with the rest of the picks. Wynn, Chubb, Reid, Hubbard would be a haul. 

2 minutes ago, ManeLine said:

Rounds 2 & 3 is where it's at, so I'd love to get as much ammo as possible in those rounds. There's nothing, imo, that differs from the players in the bottom half of 1 to about the end of 2/early 3. 

To be honest, without teams reaching for mediocre QBs, outside of Barkley and Chubb, there's not much difference between rounds 1 through 3 talent wise. It's why this draft is so hard to predict and why teams will really address needs since talent is so balanced. 

18 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

#36- Isaiah Wynn, G?

#51- Sam Hubbard, DE?

#82- Da'Shawn Hand, DT?

Please e-mail this to Bob Quinn

27 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

#36- Isaiah Wynn, G?

#51- Sam Hubbard, DE?

#82- Da'Shawn Hand, DT?

Oh please NFL gods, make this happen. (Diehard does his draft dance)???

12 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I think the browns could be a partner. 33 and 35 plus something. Maybe a CB or a OT is there that they want. Or they take Chubb and they want to grab one of the DTs to have the ultimate D line. 

Archived