2018 NFL Draft Thread

Louis Friend

Ragnow was probably the most pro ready player out of any player left on the board as far as instant impact. And happened to be a positional need. I mean, who did we expect to replace Swanson without messing up another position on the line? This was best for the team, now. 

2 hours ago, LionsFTW said:

Ragnow was probably the most pro ready player out of any player left on the board as far as instant impact. And happened to be a positional need. I mean, who did we expect to replace Swanson without messing up another position on the line? This was best for the team, now. 

Yeah let's replace Swanson with the guy that replaced Swanson with the guy that is going to replace Swanson. Wait...

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

TBH, Ragnow is probably more help for the run game than any of these backs would be outside of Barkley.  

I don't think that is true. I can get behind the bad online argument but the common denominator in all of Detroits struggles running the ball is a sh*tty running back. I think this presses the issue now that we are going to desperately need to get a good RB this round and make this draft about that. 

Quinn actually came out and said a few days ago that he would be looking at RB's in rounds 2/3/4. I don't think that RB was ever a consideration in the first round. 

Chubb and Guice will probably be gone, but we still have a shot at Jones/Johnson/Kelly/Freeman if they want to go that route. 

I'm happy with the selection.

Fan boys on this site pegged certain players in certain positions and Lions just went out and got the best C. I've seen comparison to Alex Mack. Ragnow is also big and strong enough to slide in either guard spot, infact I think he was a RG before C.

I like adding the O-line all the time, to me it's the second most important thing on an NFL team. Lots of people said I did "Over-kill" and drafted too many O-line in my mock drafts but to me in reality we don't or didn't' have sure-fire starters at C/LG.

I can't believe Rashaad Penny went in the first round. I had him as the second best RB always but always selected him in the 3rd round in my mocks. If Guice falls to us in the 2nd, easily selection.... BUT... Honestly, another selection at Oline wouldn't make me cry for competition at LG, and clearly, we need a young TE and some youth on D-line.

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Yeah, the Patriots Way is to not draft a RB in the first round. Someone better tell Belichick. 

I'm guessing that they had a really high grade on Michel. The Lions may not have had any of the RB's available graded as a Top 20 pick. 

15 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I'm guessing that they had a really high grade on Michel. The Lions may not have had any of the RB's available graded as a Top 20 pick. 

The Patriot way is do what's absolutely best for the team lol.

They actually do pay players, people choose to highlight the ones they don't though as the patriot way.

They do actually draft RBs in the first round... Laurnce Maroney prolly doesn't ring bells because he sucked but he was selected at 21 in like 06 or 07.

What the Lions are doing, is called being Cheap... for whatever reason. Clearly they're evaluating the roster for the coach, for next year... or years... I think the defense should be a little better just with Patricia/scheme alone. An the offense has a real chance to be top 5 if they can get the protection and upgrade the run game/blocking. The Run game could be our biggest addition to the defense, killing out clock and controlling the ball. You don't have to throw the ball 30+ times a game, especially with a early lead.

Little upset Patriots took Isaiah Wynn... I was a big fan boy of his.

9 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Lol at all the people saying the New England way is to not draft RBs early so the Lions shouldn’t.  

They have drafted two 1st round RB's in 12 years. Just because they don't tend to do it doesn't mean it will never happen. If they don't have that extra pick I highly doubt they're taking Michel. They can do that because they have the extra picks from the various moves they have made. They've also lost a key piece in Dion Lewis which has to be a factor.

7 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I don't think that is true. I can get behind the bad online argument but the common denominator in all of Detroits struggles running the ball is a sh*tty running back. I think this presses the issue now that we are going to desperately need to get a good RB this round and make this draft about that. 

I disagree.  The common denominator is our RBs cant get out of the backfield without being touched.  Abdullah was great for a short stint in 16 when we still had Warford. We obviously could use an upgrade at RB, but we also need to make sure they can get some momentum without having to cut or get hit.

Archived