2020 4 Round Mock Draft

Ozzy

Love the pick in the first round for San Francisco.

Kansas City owns 49ers 2. round pick.

I hope one or two of their young guns at WR will pen out, eliminating the need for a receiver early. OL or safety is in my humble opinion more likely directions to take in rounds 3 and 4.

22 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Also, if I am correct, pick 109 is currently owned by the Browns (Duke Johnson trade) but depending on how much Duke plays, that may morph into pick 77.

Ok I made those changes thanks for letting me know, curious they threw the playing time thing in there with that trade, never heard of that before.  

21 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I wouldn't characterize WR as a need, but if a nice talent drops to the 3rd or 4th, then so be it. 

Really?  Their WR core is one of the worst in the NFL I feel.  I agree they will not address it and go the Patriots way.  But still mid rounds they need a WR and Edwards could be a steal for them.  Lucky for them Preston Williams might end up helping a lot but Parker has busted, has a crazy disappointing career.  Do have Rahming who has promise, Stills is ok and Grant and Hurns but honestly no one is a scary guy to cover on that lineup.  Lucky for them they got Gesicki, Allen, Smythe, Walford and O'Leary at TE which helps, Gesicki has a ton of upside.

21 hours ago, Danger said:

You have the Eagles taking LBers in the 1st 2 round when we more or less only play 2 at a time? We probably only keep 5 on the roster. 1 I can see. 2? Not a chance.

True but they need a boss at that LB spot and Fisher could help they greatly I feel, and LB is a need for them looking at the roster which is very solid at most positions.  Coughlin is a pass rusher so I feel he could transition to DE or be a versatile guy on the edge and play a little LB and pass rusher both.  They might need some edge rushers if Sweat and Miller do not develop, but I did not know they were going with a 2 LB set a majority of the time, seems odd with the NFL starting to run the ball a lot more, good luck with all that.  Will get ran on easily unless they have Sendejo, Cyprien and Jenkins all on the field at the same time with the two corners.

18 hours ago, Danish49ers said:

Love the pick in the first round for San Francisco.

Kansas City owns 49ers 2. round pick.

I hope one or two of their young guns at WR will pen out, eliminating the need for a receiver early. OL or safety is in my humble opinion more likely directions to take in rounds 3 and 4.

Ok I made that change also, thanks.  Hurd and Samuel could be very good so yeah it might not be an issue for them.  OL would make sense as well in that mid round range if there are any good ones around.  Sure they would love for Becton to fall in that 3rd round to them but not sure that happens.  I guess they could easily draft Trey Adams first round that would make a lot of sense also.

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Really?  Their WR core is one of the worst in the NFL I feel.  I agree they will not address it and go the Patriots way.  But still mid rounds they need a WR and Edwards could be a steal for them.  Lucky for them Preston Williams might end up helping a lot but Parker has busted, has a crazy disappointing career.  Do have Rahming who has promise, Stills is ok and Grant and Hurns but honestly no one is a scary guy to cover on that lineup.  Lucky for them they got Gesicki, Allen, Smythe, Walford and O'Leary at TE which helps, Gesicki has a ton of upside.

There's no premier WR there but they're solid a a group, and I'm not counting Parker. They were the primary reason we started the season 4-2. We need better OL play so the offense can function as a whole. Stills is very underrated. Grant and Wilson were looking to have breakout seasons before their injuries. All three of those guys made big game-changing plays that got us W's. Excited about Preston Williams but I'm not counting on him. But since this a rebuilding process, Stills and Wilson probably won't be retained past 2020. Still pissed we took Gesicki over Goedert. 

The state of QBs in the NFL is ridiculous right now.  They better hope Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Brees and Roethlisberger all reitre after this season because if not talk about a log jam at QB, and really none outside of Brees would retire I feel at the end of this season unless they get really hurt.  Every team in the NFL has the guy currently or has a guy in the wings for the future, every single team.  The most dire situations being the Bucs, Titans, Bengals and maybe Cowboys but all of that is depending on if Winston, Mariota, Dalton and Dak improve and be the guy or not.  If they all do then there will really be no major team in need of a QB in next years draft unless guys retire or get really injured.  It is insane and clearly the rules are making playing the position a lot more easy to accomplish when rookies can just walk in and be quite successful with no experience in the league.  Heck even Trace McSorley looks like gang busters in preseason and I thought he might barely get a shot in the league at QB and he is ripping it up.

Cardinals: Murray, Hundley
Bengals: Dalton, Finley, Driskel, Kaaya
Giants: Manning, Jones, Lauletta
Lions: Stafford, Savage, Fales
Bucs: Winston, Gabbert, R. Griffin
Dolphins: Fitzpatrick, Rosen
Redskins:  Haskins,  Keenum, Smith
Raiders: Carr, Glennon, Peterman
Panthers: Newton, Grier, K. Allen, Heinicke
Jets: Darnold, Siemian, D. Webb, Falk
49ers: Garoppolo, Beathard, Mullens
Titans: Mariota, Tannehill
Texans: Watson, Webb, McCarron
Broncos: Flacco, Lock, Hogan
Bills: J. Allen, Barkley, Jackson
Seattle: Wilson, Lynch, G. Smith
Cowboys: Prescott, Rush, White
Jaguars: Foles, Minshew
Packers: Rodgers, Kizer
Ravens: Jackson, McSorley, Griffin III
Falcons: Ryan, Schaub
Browns: Mayfield, Gilbert, Blough, Stanton
Colts: Luck, Brissett, C. Kelly
Eagles: Wentz, Thorson, Studfeld, Kessler
Rams: Goff, Bortles, Allen
Vikings: Cousins, Sloter, Mannion
Steelers: Roethlisberger, Rudolph, Dobbs 
Chiefs: Mahomes, Henne, Shurmur
Chargers: Rivers, Taylor, Jones, Stick
Bears: Trubisky, Daniel, Bray
Patriots: Brady, Stidham, Hoyer
Saints: Brees, Hill, Bridgewater  

Saints maybe would want a upgrade if Brees goes out for sure, Chiefs might want a better backup possibly, and Bears might want another QB depending on how Trubisky plays this season.  Vikings with Cousins who knows how he does this year, Eagles might want a backup potentially for Wentz but they do have options.  Browns might want a backup for Mayfield and Falcons for sure with Ryan.  Packers might want to look long term sure, but again it is all depending on if guys retire or not, if not there is not much room especially if no one gets injured.  On paper I would say easily the best QB room is Pittsburgh, the got not only one legit backup to Big Ben but two who look pretty decent.  It will be very curious how this all plays out and how long all these QBs end up playing in this new NFL.  

Tua and Herbert are two very good QB prospects and they could easily just be sitting most of next season depending on who drafts them.  The Bucs with Winston's contract being up unless he plays great he is gone, so that is one big option for sure at QB but Dalton is signed for awhile and they did draft Finley in this years draft as a potential QB down the road.  And again with Mariota see how he plays this season, it is crazy.  

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Bears own Oakland's 2

Thanks for letting me know, I could see them going after a guy like Amik Robertson La Tech JR CB at that spot, some depth at nickle corner especially if no one develops into that role this year.  I think LB depth for them would be good also with Markus Bailey out of Purdue in that 2nd round also, he could play ILB or a rush OLB, can do a variety of things and plays with passion.

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

seems odd with the NFL starting to run the ball a lot more, good luck with all that.  Will get ran on easily unless they have Sendejo, Cyprien and Jenkins all on the field at the same time with the two corners.

Are you pulling my leg?

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Are you pulling my leg?

The Patriots just won a Super Bowl because of their run game arguably.  The Raven will run the ball a ton, the Vikings are going to run the ball a lot more, Colts do a lot behind a much improved OL, Bills, Dallas if Zek gets paid.  Jaguars want to run the ball a lot, same with the Titans. Rams run the ball a ton and it is key to the passing game, Saint run it well, Seattle is totally switched to the power run game to help Russell.  Panthers want to but not sure they have the backs to do it, Redskins have a stable of backs, Broncos will get back to that big time especially with how they ran well last year, you know the Raiders will run with the full back a lot under Gruden etc.  

You want to play 2 LBs against that, go ahead, ask the Rams how that worked and they even had the Defensive player of the year on the DL, still did not matter.  With a lot of teams going nickle and more DBs on the field many offenses are going to start running the ball a lot more, and helps in the time of possession game of course as well.  So you go start two LBs all game long and see how that goes.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:
The state of QBs in the NFL is ridiculous right now.  They better hope Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Brees and Roethlisberger all reitre after this season because if not talk about a log jam at QB, and really none outside of Brees would retire I feel at the end of this season unless they get really hurt.  Every team in the NFL has the guy currently or has a guy in the wings for the future, every single team. 

To borrow someone else's terminology: We're nearing peak QB saturation. It's refreshing to see good young QB's in the league. For quite a while, the old vets reigned supreme. Now a 3rd year guy is arguably the best.

Edited by Tetsujin

3 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

To borrow someone else's terminology: We're nearing peak QB saturation. It's refreshing to see good young QB's in the league. For quite a while, the old vets reigned supreme. Now a 3rd year guy is arguably the best.

That is a good word for it, nearing peak QB saturation.  

I personally am not a fan of it because I do not believe all of these guys are some amazing great historic QBs.  It is just the rules make it easier to play the position and the entire game has been changed to make the QB succeed.  I am all for protecting players from getting injured especially the head shots, but could have still allowed some contact and hand fighting with CBs and WRs.  Without that and with the striking rules, it makes playing defense crazy hard and makes the QBs look much better than they actually are.  Heck if Dan Marino played in the NFL today what he would have 6000 yard passing seasons?  The fact so many can play for so long and be so old says a lot about how the game is played now.

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Have no idea about the players but if the Titans are picking that high, that means the team got smashed with injuries and Mariota didn’t work out so a QB would be a huge need. Plus Henry is on his final year of his deal a RB would be nice. Pass-rush is always a need.

Yes it is an assumption that maybe Mariota does not have a good season and they look down the road a little bit potentially, might not be the case though but he has to play better this season.  And RB I think they keep Henry but even if they do they need another horse in that backfield to provide a good tandem because I do feel they want to be a smash mouth football team and run the ball especially with that talented OL.  I think they will like Ryan Hewitt a lot also, he was a hell of a blocker on Stanford and was a good solid blocking TE on the Bengals for a few years.