Case Keenum announced as Week 1 starter

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Don't take my stuff, I know the Goal is to win the Super Bowl I mention that a lot here. You cherry pick about the preseason without even seeing a game from the Real season. 

No I just get irritated that you're telling me that I have to be optimistic about this upcoming season when based on every metric the Redskins have been a complete failure for the last 20 years.  I'm not sitting here telling YOU not to be optimistic, that's fine with me go ahead.  But acting like I don't have a reason to doubt this team is being intentionally combative when you know damn well they've failed at every turn for 2 decades.  

Just now, Woz said:

Their play was due to their individual talent, not the offensive line or play calling.

Take the jump cut that everyone drooled over with Peterson that went for 26 yards. It was a RB dive up the middle that he turned into a 26 yard gain with a move that a 34 year old running back shouldn't be able to do.

There's a reason I said that the running game was going to evaporate when they put Perine in. Perine is a decent RB, but he's not an all-star. He can grind you yards, but if you run the exact same play every time, he's going to be stymied. How did he do against Cincinnati? 5 carries for 1 yard.

My point exactly the talent at the RB position could be a bonus to a average OLine. 

Like I said did you not see Guice and Peterson during preseason and already forgotten what Peterson did last year? 

Also, did you see how Peterson wore down as the season went on? Teams started focusing on him because they didn't need to worry about the passing game.

My point exactly the talent at the RB position could be a bonus to a average OLine. 

Except given the LT/LG combo, it won't be "average," but likely "porous."

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

No I just get irritated that you're telling me that I have to be optimistic about this upcoming season when based on every metric the Redskins have been a complete failure for the last 20 years.  I'm not sitting here telling YOU not to be optimistic, that's fine with me go ahead.  But acting like I don't have a reason to doubt this team is being intentionally combative when you know damn well they've failed at every turn for 2 decades.  

They have a Defense and most of the same guys that were here while they were 6-3 you cant deny that. So throw some of those 20 years out the window. Focus on want they have now. Thats what I basing my opinion off of. 

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be proven wrong.

I would love to see Jay Gruden develop a dynamic rushing attack that wasn't predictable as the sun rising in the east.
I would love to see Penn/Christian + Martin turn into a competent offensive line that would mean this franchise wasn't going to be forced in to the draft looking to replace Trent.
I would love to see Trent come back and him to be angry and punishing opposing defensive linemen for an entire 16 game season.
I would love to see them make the playoffs proving everyone (including myself) to be wrong about their ceiling.

I just don't see that as likely, though. As such, I want to see steps towards the future. That means protecting Haskins from getting the snot beat out of him early in his career. That means taking guys whose expiration date for contributions to this team come due in four months and throwing them to the wolves. That means probably seeing Jay Gruden get fired, and (heaven willing) Brice to follow him out the door.

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

They have a Defense and most of the same guys that were here while they were 6-3 you cant deny that. So throw some of those 20 years out the window. Focus on want they have now. Thats what I basing my opinion off of. 

The defense looks to be arguably as good (if not better) than it was last year.

The offensive line looks to be worse.

The QB position and the ability of the offense to prevent turnovers is up in the air.

So, one step forward, one step back, and one step who knows?

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Except given the LT/LG combo, it won't be "average," but likely "porous."

Yet this is the same OLine that Peterson and Guice still produce behind while playing during preseason.

Point being the RB's can make the OLine and QB look better. 

Yet this is the same OLine that Peterson and Guice still produce behind while playing during preseason.

Point being the RB's can make the OLine and QB look better. 

Over the short run, yes.

Over an entire season, teams are going to commit 8 or 9 into the box until you can prove that you can beat them through the air. That's when the deficiencies in OL and QB will be magnified, which will make you rely more on the run game, which will make teams commit more to stopping the run, which require you to beat them through the air more ... and it's turtles all the way down.

The team is what the team is. A potentially stellar defense with good-to-great running backs and a big question mark at QB/WR (so call it a 0.500-ish offense) and 0.500-ish head coach.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be proven wrong.

I would love to see Jay Gruden develop a dynamic rushing attack that wasn't predictable as the sun rising in the east.
I would love to see Penn/Christian + Martin turn into a competent offensive line that would mean this franchise wasn't going to be forced in to the draft looking to replace Trent.
I would love to see Trent come back and him to be angry and punishing opposing defensive linemen for an entire 16 game season.
I would love to see them make the playoffs proving everyone (including myself) to be wrong about their ceiling.

I just don't see that as likely, though. As such, I want to see steps towards the future. That means protecting Haskins from getting the snot beat out of him early in his career. That means taking guys whose expiration date for contributions to this team come due in four months and throwing them to the wolves. That means probably seeing Jay Gruden get fired, and (heaven willing) Brice to follow him out the door.

I want Bruce and Jay fired as well, but I'm not looking for us to be total garbage for that to happen because guess what the ROSTER isn't total garbage. Thier is a lot of potential here. 

I want Bruce and Jay fired as well, but I'm not looking for us to be total garbage for that to happen because guess what the ROSTER isn't total garbage. Thier is a lot of potential here. 

Never said it was garbage nor did I say there was no potential. There's a lot here, but I don't think it can be maximized given the quality of the OL and the coaching staff.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Over the short run, yes.

Over an entire season, teams are going to commit 8 or 9 into the box until you can prove that you can beat them through the air. That's when the deficiencies in OL and QB will be magnified, which will make you rely more on the run game, which will make teams commit more to stopping the run, which require you to beat them through the air more ... and it's turtles all the way down.

The team is what the team is. A potentially stellar defense with good-to-great running backs and a big question mark at QB/WR (so call it a 0.500-ish offense) and 0.500-ish head coach.

Ok that's when you start using play action and attacking 1-1 matchups on the outside. 

1. They don't have a QB on the roster capable of producing what Alex Smith did last year (which is embarassing because Smith was terrible).  

2. Their best player, Trent Williams, is sitting at home. 

3. They haven't figured LG out.  

4. They have arguably the worst WR starting unit in the NFL. 

5. Jordan Reed got his annual concussion in the preseason.  His primary backup is 35 years old.  

6. Their leading rusher from last year is now 34 years old. 

7. They cut Mason Foster, the leading tackler on the team last year. 

8. Rueben Foster, supposed to start, blew out his knee in camp.

9. They believed in Montae Nicholson so much last season that they traded for his replacement, but then let said replacement leave, and did nothing to bring in a new replacement.  

10.  They blew most of their FA money on an in the box Safety, which is like paying $5,000 for a betamax.  

11.  Their DC is still Greg Manusky.  

12.  Their medical staff is so bad that their best player won't step on the field. 

Just now, Woz said:

Never said it was garbage nor did I say there was no potential. There's a lot here, but I don't think it can be maximized given the quality of the OL and the coaching staff.

I agree it can be maximized with a better Coach and without Bruce. 

Archived