Case Keenum announced as Week 1 starter

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

1. They don't have a QB on the roster capable of producing what Alex Smith did last year (which is embarassing because Smith was terrible).  

2. Their best player, Trent Williams, is sitting at home. 

3. They haven't figured LG out.  

4. They have arguably the worst WR starting unit in the NFL. 

5. Jordan Reed got his annual concussion in the preseason.  His primary backup is 35 years old.  

6. Their leading rusher from last year is now 34 years old. 

7. They cut Mason Foster, the leading tackler on the team last year. 

8. Rueben Foster, supposed to start, blew out his knee in camp.

9. They believed in Montae Nicholson so much last season that they traded for his replacement, but then let said replacement leave, and did nothing to bring in a new replacement.  

10.  They blew most of their FA money on an in the box Safety, which is like paying $5,000 for a betamax.  

11.  Their DC is still Greg Manusky.  

12.  Their medical staff is so bad that their best player won't step on the field. 

Blahh Blahh Blahh see you week 1. 

Keenum 25 TDs 15 InTs 3000 yards is what I see replacing Smith. 

Losing Trent is their fault, next guy up

Someone will fill the role, I like Flowers for the run game 

Agreed but the young guys are all they have

It was a dirty hit ( what can anyone do)

Bostic is a good replacement

Opportunity for Hamilton and Cole to step up

Did you see his Int that he took back for a TD?

Agree to Disagree about Collins. I like the impact he will bring on D.

Want him gone as well but the D is still full of talent that shows up on the field despite the coach

It's too late to replace them is all people keep saying. 

With all these problems you see. Week 1 everyone is 0-0 and I'll wait to pass judgement on a actual record about 4 games in the season. 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Ok that's when you start using play action and attacking 1-1 matchups on the outside. 

And if Jay was that creative, especially on first down, and the left side of the offensive line could actually pass block, then you would have a solution.

Unfortunately ...

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Blahh Blahh Blahh see you week 1.

He's giving you his reasons why he thinks it won't come up roses. You think differently. No need to be snippy.

Just now, Woz said:

And if Jay was that creative, especially on first down, and the left side of the offensive line could actually pass block, then you there would be a solution.

Ok yea every play Case will be fearing for life Woz. Nothing will go right. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Ok yea every play Case will be fearing for life Woz. Nothing will go right. 

Stuff will go right because they do have talent.

Just not enough to overcome the deficiencies they have.

If you think I'm wrong and want to risk some coin, head over to your closest sports book and bet the over on Washington's wins (blocked by corporate firewall from seeing the absolute latest, but from some recent articles it seems to be 6 wins). Said two articles I found said to bet the under.

I think they'll be better than 6-10, but not by much.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

He's giving you his reasons why he thinks it won't come up roses. You think differently. No need to be snippy.

Alot of his points have nothing to do with this season! As I said This Season hasn't even started yet. Trades could still be made, Williams could possibly come back, ect. Yes the goal is to have a New Coach and GM next year but I'm not giving up on this season when it hasn't even begun yet and would I want to purposely lose to have that happen.

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Alot of his points have nothing to do with this season! As I said This Season hasn't even started yet. Trades could still be made, Williams could possibly come back, ect. Yes the goal is to have a New Coach and GM next year but I'm not giving up on this season when it hasn't even begun yet and would I want to purposely lose to have that happen.

Every single point I made is relevant to this season.  

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Stuff will go right because they do have talent.

Just not enough to overcome the deficiencies they have.

If you think I'm wrong and want to risk some coin, head over to your closest sports book and bet the over on Washington's wins (blocked by corporate firewall from seeing the absolute latest, but from some recent articles it seems to be 6 wins). Said two articles I found said to bet the under.

I think they'll be better than 6-10, but not by much.

Other teams can lose player to injury, suspensions, ect so I don't know what the record is gonna be at the end but I know week 1 everyone is 0-0. 

This D will cause problems and we have a running game that can cause problems. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Other teams can lose player to injury, suspensions, ect so I don't know what the record is gonna be at the end but I know week 1 everyone is 0-0. 

This D will cause problems and we have a running game that can cause problems. 

Fair enough.

Quick question - do you play fantasy football? If you do, would you draft Josh Rosen over say Patrick Mahomes in the 2nd or 3rd round? They're both 0-0 right now, right? However, track record and play in preseason to date kind of tells you a bit about what you could expect from both gentlemen. Is it written in stone? No. However, you probably wouldn't bet your fantasy team (much less cash) on Rosen being the better QB this season.

It could happen. It's just not likely.

Likewise, it could happen that the offensive line gels right away. It could happen that Jay and his staff design a dynamic running attack that isn't as predictable as the sun rising in the east. It could happen that the WR corps, young as it is, suddenly becomes the next Posse.

I'm just not betting on any of that.

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

Fair enough.

Quick question - do you play fantasy football? If you do, would you draft Josh Rosen over say Patrick Mahomes in the 2nd or 3rd round? They're both 0-0 right now, right? However, track record and play in preseason to date kind of tells you a bit about what you could expect from both gentlemen. Is it written in stone? No. However, you probably wouldn't bet your fantasy team (much less cash) on Rosen being the better QB this season.

It could happen. It's just not likely.

No, I dont play fantasy football. I would bet though if the offense can produce 21 points a game they will have at least 8 wins. If they give you 28 I'd take it up to 11 wins. 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

No I dont play fantasy football. I would bet though if the offense can produce 21 points a game they will have at least 8 wins. If they give you 28 I take it up to 11 wins. 

22 teams averaged more than 21 points last year.  On defense, 24 teams in the NFL allowed more than 21 points scored (the Redskins allowed 22.4).  I would say its more likely the Redskins have to average 24 points per game to get to 8 wins.  

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

22 teams averaged more than 21 points last year.  On defense, 24 teams in the NFL allowed more than 21 points scored (the Redskins allowed 22.4).  I would say its more likely the Redskins have to average 24 points per game to get to 8 wins.  

The offense also only average about 17 point per game putting more pressure on the D. So would you like me to change it to 24? 3 TDs and a FG per game, Skins will have at least 10 wins.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

1. They don't have a QB on the roster capable of producing what Alex Smith did last year (which is embarassing because Smith was terrible).  

2. Their best player, Trent Williams, is sitting at home. 

3. They haven't figured LG out.  

4. They have arguably the worst WR starting unit in the NFL. 

5. Jordan Reed got his annual concussion in the preseason.  His primary backup is 35 years old.  

6. Their leading rusher from last year is now 34 years old. 

7. They cut Mason Foster, the leading tackler on the team last year. 

8. Rueben Foster, supposed to start, blew out his knee in camp.

9. They believed in Montae Nicholson so much last season that they traded for his replacement, but then let said replacement leave, and did nothing to bring in a new replacement.  

10.  They blew most of their FA money on an in the box Safety, which is like paying $5,000 for a betamax.  

11.  Their DC is still Greg Manusky.  

12.  Their medical staff is so bad that their best player won't step on the field. 

wpid-photo-20151017014332576.jpgIs it draft time yet? :)

Archived