Minnesota should be banging down our door for Trent Williams.

aceinthehouse

Just now, MikeT14 said:

There's no freaking way I am buying him walking away from all that money just to smoke weed. Makes more sense to just risk getting caught.

The reefer part was a joke, but I could definitely see Trent retiring if the Redskins are going to not trade him.  At that point, he can then officially tell his side of the story.  Right now, you've got to respect the guy for keeping quiet.  Sure, there are leaks from his camp, but nothing has been directly attributed to him.  

consider this possibility- he never liked training camp, most older established vets hate it. He didn't want to go. Maybe he even gets traded to a contender and gets some more money in a contract extension. 

so he had an "excuse", he was mad about the training staff. a lot of fans will support him on this.

the Redskins leak he wants a contract extension. It is never good for getting fan support to hold out for a contract extension when you have two years left on your deal. so this escalates a bit but my sense is still the majority on our Trents side because almost everybody doesnt trust or like Bruce and Dannny boy. 

He's avoided training camp, let his body heal some more without even the modest wear and tear that happens from attending Spa Gruden, a lot of fans still like him and he hasnt lost any money yet. Thats a win for him. 

Final scene in this big act- Now he reports before he misses a game check, says the media had a lot of fake news, he was still recovering,  is now ready to help his teammates have a successful year and excited to play this season.

And- Scene! Cut.  

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

consider this possibility- he never liked training camp, most older established vets hate it. He didn't want to go. Maybe he even gets traded to a contender and gets some more money in a contract extension. 

so he had an "excuse", he was mad about the training staff. a lot of fans will support him on this.

the Redskins leak he wants a contract extension. It is never good for getting fan support to hold out for a contract extension when you have two years left on your deal. so this escalates a bit but my sense is still the majority on our Trents side because almost everybody doesnt trust or like Bruce and Dannny boy. 

He's avoided training camp, let his body heal some more without even the modest wear and tear that happens from attending Spa Gruden, a lot of fans still like him and he hasnt lost any money yet. Thats a win for him. 

Final scene in this big act- Now he reports before he misses a game check, says the media had a lot of fake news, he was still recovering,  is now ready to help his teammates have a successful year and excited to play this season.

And- Scene! Cut.  

A fantasy I suspect .. but I sure love the scenario !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

And- Scene! Cut.  

In your mind, the fans are basically Betty Draper, aren't they?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

And- Scene! Cut.  

Except via D. Hall he said that ain't happening ...

8 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

And- Scene! Cut.  

They couldn't script it better if they tried, well done!