Minnesota should be banging down our door for Trent Williams.

aceinthehouse

The Vikings should easily be interested in a trade for Williams @OT.

Their OL sucks something awful & their LT Riley Reiff has a 67 rating in Madden 20. (For those Curious) I think he was drafted 5 or 6 yrs ago.

The fit is perfect, imo. They have a Playoff roster all across the board. (- OL)

Trent & Cousins already have the chemistry together.

I believe WR Diggs has been rumored to be on the trade block & possibly others.

Don't get me wrong...I would much rather prefer not to make them stronger & trade Trent completely out of the NFC. Not to mention we play them this yr on primetime Thursday Night.

But if I'm the Vikings?

I'm definitely inquiring about Williams in a trade. A 1st would probably be a late 1st with their talent.

They've been rumored to want to trade TE Rudolph, because of Irv Smith Jr.

My point is...they have many avenues they could take in trying to trade for LT Trent Williams.

Why no smoke in trading Trent there?

Do you agree or no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

The Vikings should easily be interested in a trade for Williams @OT.

Their OL sucks something awful & their LT Riley Reiff has a 67 rating in Madden 20. (For those Curious) I think he was drafted 5 or 6 yrs ago.

The fit is perfect, imo. They have a Playoff roster all across the board. (- OL)

Trent & Cousins already have the chemistry together.

I believe WR Diggs has been rumored to be on the trade block & possibly others.

Don't get me wrong...I would much rather prefer not to make them stronger & trade Trent completely out of the NFC. Not to mention we play them this yr on primetime Thursday Night.

But if I'm the Vikings?

I'm definitely inquiring about Williams in a trade. A 1st would probably be a late 1st with their talent.

They've been rumored to want to trade TE Rudolph, because of Irv Smith Jr.

My point is...they have many avenues they could take in trying to trade for LT Trent Williams.

Why no smoke in trading Trent there?

Do you agree or no?

I'd do Diggs for Williams straight up.

Id do Williams for Irv Smith and a 3rd round pick that could become a 2nd depending on his performance. I'd stay away from Randolph due to his injury history already and the bad history the Skins have in repairing injuries. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Or we could realize how ridiculously difficult it is to replace Trent Williams and go out of our way to repair the relationship...

It is difficult, however I think we're well beyond that.

If this is truly about the medical staff, then  there is no repairing it. It would already be done. Or Trent is just too stupid to understand that he can have his own doctors. 

If it's about money, and he's using the medical staff stuff as an excuse, then I don't want him back. He's lying and the Redskins shouldn't give in to this tactic.

We can give all the platitudes we want about him being a great player and the team captain. But he is 31 years old and has struggled to stay healthy the last three seasons. Additionally, as team captain, he has failed a drug test. And frankly, if attitude and effort are a reflection of leadership, then we have to find fault in Williams' leadership on that front as well.

We need a clean break. It's time for Williams and Washington to part company. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

It is difficult, however I think we're well beyond that.

If this is truly about the medical staff, then  there is no repairing it. It would already be done. Or Trent is just too stupid to understand that he can have his own doctors. 

If it's about money, and he's using the medical staff stuff as an excuse, then I don't want him back. He's lying and the Redskins shouldn't give in to this tactic.

We can give all the platitudes we want about him being a great player and the team captain. But he is 31 years old and has struggled to stay healthy the last three seasons. Additionally, as team captain, he has failed a drug test. And frankly, if attitude and effort are a reflection of leadership, then we have to find fault in Williams' leadership on that front as well.

We need a clean break. It's time for Williams and Washington to part company. 

Why aren't they trading him and letting someone else pay him? 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Why aren't they trading him and letting someone else pay him? 

Because Bruce Allen. If he trades him, the blame is squarely with him. Right now he can claim that it's Williams' decision, especially since Williams isn't making public statements and we're hearing everything through 3rd parties. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Because Bruce Allen. If he trades him, the blame is squarely with him. Right now he can claim that it's Williams' decision, especially since Williams isn't making public statements and we're hearing everything through 3rd parties. 

But you just said its about Money! When in fact it's not, Trent would play for another team at his same salary! Bruce is the one holding him hostage, not the other way around. 

• Like 1

It’ll never happen. They’re not going to trade Trent there and let him shore up the OL for the QB in Minnesota and give them a better chance to make a deep run.

I know this because it was my first reaction — and while I am often petty and vengeful, I’m miles behind Dan and Bruce in that department. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

But you just said its about Money! When in fact it's not, Trent would play for another team at his same salary! Bruce is the one holding him hostage, not the other way around. 

No, I said for Williams, it's either legitimately about the medical staff, or it's about his contract. We don't know. He doesn't talked directly. He goes through 3rd parties.

For Allen, this is about saving face. Williams has voiced concerns that are completely outside of Gruden's purview and land squarely on the shoulders of Allen. 

Williams isn't being "held hostage." He's free to come to the team and start earning his 10+ million dollars any time he wants. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slateman said:

No, I said for Williams, it's either legitimately about the medical staff, or it's about his contract. We don't know. He doesn't talked directly. He goes through 3rd parties.

For Allen, this is about saving face. Williams has voiced concerns that are completely outside of Gruden's purview and land squarely on the shoulders of Allen. 

Williams isn't being "held hostage." He's free to come to the team and start earning his 10+ million dollars any time he wants. 

Your missing my point, but cool. Trent has asked for a trade. You can't than say he's not being held hostage if they are refusuing to trade him. 

Once again Trent would play on his current contract for another team! He's asking the Redskins for more money because of their Medical Staff issues. That's a organization problem, not a Player problem. If the players can't trust the staff why should they want to play here? Why won't you grant them the wish to play elsewhere? 

With Luck retiring I don't see why people aren't taking a deeper look at the players. All the things they put their body through to play this sport. Williams could possibly do the samething and they get nothing in return! As you said Bruce is tryna save face Not Trent Williams! 

Edited by Skins212689

42 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Is no one going to bring up that ace's entire evaluation of this is based on Reiff's Madden rating? Like, all his other predictions make a lot more sense now. He made them after playing a season of Madden. 

That's half the fun.