49ers cut Malcolm Smith

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Side note - this is a great start for Al-Shaair

Yeah, think he makes the team. I thought they would IR him worst case scenario and that may still happen, but Smith needed to go. Always hurt and just not good.

Greenlaw will be the starting SAM backer. 

• Like 2

Bummer that injuries were the cause, he just never was the same player after that playoff run with the hawks. 

I agree that this is a good sign for Al Shaair. Pretty amazing how young the LB group is going to be with Kwon, Warner, Greenlaw and maybe Lee. 

26 minutes ago, John232 said:

I mean, we all knew a lot of those contracts handed out that first year were gonna age badly..but man..Smith and now Jet are just on their own level. 

Jet, Cooper and Smith are going to end up being ATROCIOUS deals for us. Look at how much we paid them and they COMBINED barely contributed to anything.

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jet, Cooper and Smith are going to end up being ATROCIOUS deals for us. Look at how much we paid them and they COMBINED barely contributed to anything.

And that first season of Richburg wasn't super promising LOL. Have higher hopes for him this year if he can be healthy....which...uh....hasn't been off to the greatest of starts, admittedly.