Trade Help

Motion

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Depends on the handcuff. The handcuff has to be good as well. Like, I have Barkley, but I didn't roster Gallman because quite frankly, I don't think that he's any good, and honestly, i may not even put a waiver claim in on him now. Mattison is a guy that I would like to own if I have Cook, though I won't kill myself over it if someone is charging me an insane cost. If there's a talented handcuff in place, thats fine. If the handcuff is just a dude, I'm just not going to worry about it. Honestly, that fairly limits the number of guys I'd want. 

Agreed, that's how I view it as well. I have Chubb and Mack.  I should alteast roster Jordan Wilkins but I recently dropped him and Chubb has no clear cut handcuff till Hunt returns so no point in holding Hunt at the moment.

I really need to figure out my roster for the next few weeks in order to keep my head above water while Barkley is out. I definitely need to make a trade, the problem is, with as bad as this season has gone to start off, I have like no trade chips. Barkley is out. AB is AB and I dropped him. Big Ben went down for the year. Hunter Henry got hurt. Hilton is hurt. Vance McDonald left yesterday's game. The only two legitimate trade chips I have are Mike Evans and Lamar, but I don't know if that is the direction I should go. 

My running back situation is dire. Michel has been utterly useless, and Miles Sanders is inspiring no confidence and he's really not startable this week (road game on thursday night is a bad idea). They are the only two backups I currently roster. The waiver wire is pretty barren. I may put in a claim on Gallman because I have no other choice, to be honest. I could take some bigger swings by peddling Lamar, but I think that this is a bad idea. His running gives him a ton of upside and he's one of the few quarterbacks in the league that could put up 25-30 on a weekly basis. I guess I'm going to look around at some cheaper options, but it's pretty brutal right now. I offered a deal for Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman, though both of those guys would be fairly scary moving forward. Another player in the league has Josh Jacobs....that may be a slightly superior version of Sony Michel at this point, but at least he's the clear cut #1 in Oakland. The other option is Mike Evans, of course, but there are a lot of teams around the league that are stacked at wide receiver. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really need to figure out my roster for the next few weeks in order to keep my head above water while Barkley is out. I definitely need to make a trade, the problem is, with as bad as this season has gone to start off, I have like no trade chips. Barkley is out. AB is AB and I dropped him. Big Ben went down for the year. Hunter Henry got hurt. Hilton is hurt. Vance McDonald left yesterday's game. The only two legitimate trade chips I have are Mike Evans and Lamar, but I don't know if that is the direction I should go. 

My running back situation is dire. Michel has been utterly useless, and Miles Sanders is inspiring no confidence and he's really not startable this week (road game on thursday night is a bad idea). They are the only two backups I currently roster. The waiver wire is pretty barren. I may put in a claim on Gallman because I have no other choice, to be honest. I could take some bigger swings by peddling Lamar, but I think that this is a bad idea. His running gives him a ton of upside and he's one of the few quarterbacks in the league that could put up 25-30 on a weekly basis. I guess I'm going to look around at some cheaper options, but it's pretty brutal right now. I offered a deal for Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman, though both of those guys would be fairly scary moving forward. Another player in the league has Josh Jacobs....that may be a slightly superior version of Sony Michel at this point, but at least he's the clear cut #1 in Oakland. The other option is Mike Evans, of course, but there are a lot of teams around the league that are stacked at wide receiver. 

Trading has always been hard for me to gauge value but IMO I would try and unload Evans especially after a huge week he had someone may bite. Maybe try and get a little lesser value In WR and a decent RB In exchange (Josh Jacobs & a lesser WR maybe?) , Maybe a deal that makes him feel like he won the trade but you're still adding much needed depth to your team to stay afloat while your waiting for Barkley to come back. I would also go hard for Gallman givin your situation, iirc Hes a pretty good receiving back and should have a decent floor with that alone (If Its a PPR league)

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

Trading has always been hard for me to gauge value but IMO I would try and unload Evans especially after a huge week he had someone may bite. Maybe try and get a little lesser value In WR and a decent RB In exchange (Josh Jacobs & a lesser WR maybe?) , Maybe a deal that makes him feel like he won the trade but you're still adding much needed depth to your team to stay afloat while your waiting for Barkley to some back. I would also go hard for Gallman givin your situation, iirc Hes a pretty good receiving back and should have a decent floor with that alone (If Its a PPR league)

This was actually a deal i pondered myself. I thought about Evans + Michel for Jacobs + JJSS. I know that he's worried about JuJu moving forward without Ben. 

Unfortunately, I'd be very surprised if I was able to procure Gallman from the wire. We play in a league where the waiver wire resets every week, and somehow, I've managed to be 3-0 with the second most points scored, so I'll have the second lowest priority heading into this week. Just brutal. 

Just now, Forge said:

This was actually a deal i pondered myself. I thought about Evans + Michel for Jacobs + JJSS. I know that he's worried about JuJu moving forward without Ben. 

Unfortunately, I'd be very surprised if I was able to procure Gallman from the wire. We play in a league where the waiver wire resets every week, and somehow, I've managed to be 3-0 with the second most points scored, so I'll have the second lowest priority heading into this week. Just brutal. 

Yeah It definitely seems like one of those fantasy years for that team, But your 3-0 and can withstand a loss If the cookie crumbles that way.

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's rough.  Don't think it could hurt to put either player on the block.  You've got some wiggle room being 3-0 but if Barkley misses more than a couple weeks you could have some serious issues. 

If it's a redraft I'm putting both Saquan and Lamar out on the block to see what sort of offers I get.  Lamar is playing at a MVP candidate level and is likely at his highest selling point.  The Goff, AR12 or Mayfield owner could be willing to sell premature and give up more than they should. A starting QB and a Kerryon Johnson type back would be hard for me to turn down.  QB is so deep and the position group looks to have just gotten deeper this weekend with Allen and the rook going off.  

Saquan is Saquan.  While I'm not the biggest Saquan guy (I had him at #4 coming into the year.  Didn't love his offense and thought he was more big play dependent than the other 3), he was still the consensus #1 player in FF coming into the year that you could still almost surely move for 2 quality starters.

Tough spot to be in.

16 minutes ago, Darth Sizzle said:

Got an offer for Barkley now that he's hurt. So the guy offers me Derrick Henry or Mark Ingram straight up for Barkley.

My rb depth goes like this: S Barkley, J Mixon & Ekeler, with K Johnson & AP on my bench.

So would you do it?

That's a terrible offer IMO.  You've got more than enough depth at RB to not have to get desperate.  Ekeler was leading RBs in FF scoring prior to this week.  Kerryon's stat line looks ugly because he played against a great run defense but it's a tremendous sign to see him get 20 carries.  

10 minutes ago, SSG said:

That's rough.  Don't think it could hurt to put either player on the block.  You've got some wiggle room being 3-0 but if Barkley misses more than a couple weeks you could have some serious issues. 

If it's a redraft I'm putting both Saquan and Lamar out on the block to see what sort of offers I get.  Lamar is playing at a MVP candidate level and is likely at his highest selling point.  The Goff, AR12 or Mayfield owner could be willing to sell premature and give up more than they should. A starting QB and a Kerryon Johnson type back would be hard for me to turn down.  QB is so deep and the position group looks to have just gotten deeper this weekend with Allen and the rook going off.  

Saquan is Saquan.  While I'm not the biggest Saquan guy (I had him at #4 coming into the year.  Didn't love his offense and thought he was more big play dependent than the other 3), he was still the consensus #1 player in FF coming into the year that you could still almost surely move for 2 quality starters.

Tough spot to be in.

Yeah, it's kind of brutal. I know that one guy wanted lamar. His running backs are Mixon and Mack. There may be something there, I'm not sure. He has Brady and Mahomes as his quarterback (2 qb league). If I could get Mack + Brady, I think I'd have no choice but to do it. 

Offers I'm currently debating putting out there: 

Mike Evans + Michel for JJSS + Josh Jacobs

Lamar for Aaron Jones + Baker Mayfield? 

Lamar + whatever for Mack + Brady

One guy has Chris Carson and he had Brees...I'm wondering if I could get him to bite on Hopkins + Carson for Lamar (+ whatever) 

I do have a minor offer out just to add some depth and maybe get me through a couple of weeks - Hardman + Michel for Freeman + Tevin Coleman. 

What do you think? Good offers? preference? 

22 minutes ago, Darth Sizzle said:

Got an offer for Barkley now that he's hurt. So the guy offers me Derrick Henry or Mark Ingram straight up for Barkley.

My rb depth goes like this: S Barkley, J Mixon & Ekeler, with K Johnson & AP on my bench.

So would you do it?

Definitely not. You have no reason to. Now me, in my situation? I may have no choice but to make that deal. But you have more than enough depth to get you through that, particularly with Ekeler playing like a number 1 (and I think that Barkley will be back before Gordon impacts Ekeler) 

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, it's kind of brutal. I know that one guy wanted lamar. His running backs are Mixon and Mack. There may be something there, I'm not sure. He has Brady and Mahomes as his quarterback (2 qb league). If I could get Mack + Brady, I think I'd have no choice but to do it. 

Offers I'm currently debating putting out there: 

Mike Evans + Michel for JJSS + Josh Jacobs

Lamar for Aaron Jones + Baker Mayfield? 

Lamar + whatever for Mack + Brady

One guy has Chris Carson and he had Brees...I'm wondering if I could get him to bite on Hopkins + Carson for Lamar. 

I do have a minor offer out just to add some depth and maybe get me through a couple of weeks - Hardman + Michel for Freeman + Tevin Coleman. 

What do you think? Good offers? preference? 

Ohhhhh, 2 QB league that changes my opinion a little.  He's much more valuable but Brady + Mack would be a decent get.  Saying that though, that owner would be a juggernaut unless Lamar comes crashing down to earth.

- Don't love it.  Feels more like a lateral than an improvement IMO.  You are giving up the upside plays that play on the better offenses IMO. Sony is more likely to fall into the endzone than Jacobs most weeks and that's what both players need in order to be startable IMO.  Think I'd much rather have Evans this year.  He's the more talented WR in a better offense.  Jacobs is banged up as well.

- That's a hard one.  Mayfield looks like he's watched too many Johnny Football highlight clips this offseason.  I'm a Packer fan and I'm having mixed feelings about 33 after this weekend.  I think our head coach is an extremely piss poor offensive mind which is going to lead to Jones spending a large portion of his games on the bench watching (like Henry did last year).  I'm probably not making that offer given how terrible Baker Manziel has been playing.  

- I'm probably making that deal unless whatever is too much.  I wouldn't be inclined to include either Sanders or Michel though.  

- I'm likely taking that deal even though Chris Carson looks like a guy who's got a much better chance of fumbling then he does scoring a TD.  Not sure we could be any further away from what we seen week 1.  

- Don't mind it though Harman has been on fire the last couple weeks.  Like the deal going forward more than I like it right now TBH.  Freeman looks like he is turning that corner and while Coleman is coming back to the mess of all messes, he's coming back soon.  

Edited by SSG
  • Like 1

The owner in m league just lost Saquon for the next 2 months or so.

I sent him a trade since he is interested in David Montgomery.

Montgomery and Golden Tate for Larry Fitzgerald, Devin Singletary and Hollywood brown.

Am I getting enough back in return? The only other player on his team, I am interested in is Cooper

or since Rbs are so hard to find, should I just hold onto Monty? Much of my decision will lie with Edelman and if he's good to or not because I have Davante, Edelman, A rob, Sterling and Tate at WR.

Traded Connor for Gurley.  Both are wallowing right now but I think Gurley has better upside ROS.  Better offense and McVay realizes now that he has to get Gurley more carries.  Or so he says.  Connor was my flex and Gurely should do the same if not a little better IMO. Also helps with byes.  I have Run CMC as well and he has the same bye as Connor so now Week 7 shouldn't hurt too much.

Edited by a4ce