Chris Thompson signed to a new contract

turtle28

Redskins Sign Running Back Chris Thompson To Extension

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Redskins-Sign-Running-Back-Chris-Thompson-To-Extension/1eb70136-1edb-4959-9560-f320a4ec913a

They did not announce the terms of the new contract, but Master Tesfatsion of the Washington Post reports that it is a two-year deal that runs through the 2019 season.

3 hours ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

It's 6.5 mil guaranteed. Great deal for a huge part of our offense. After battling injuries early in his career, he has come through and become a very important player to our team. Glad to have him locked up for a few more seasons.

I really hope they get him a few more touches a game this year and he can have an even bigger impact both in the running game and as a rwell receiver.

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I like Thompson and think he's a good complimentary back.  I have to ask though, he's an injury prone back who's already under contract this season, why extend him now?  

The only reason I can give is so they don't have to worry about it next March.  That's the reason to extend anyone you want on your team. And while he's been injury prone, it's not like he's missed whole seasons the last two years.

56 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I like Thompson and think he's a good complimentary back.  I have to ask though, he's an injury prone back who's already under contract this season, why extend him now?  

You bank that he'll have a good year and you get him on a cheap deal compared to what it would have been on the open market

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

If they want to keep him longer, its cheaper to do it now. 

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Other guys to handle in 2018 it's best we sign our key guys little by little. I predict depending how Cousins does half the year will give him an extension if he plays poorly than his price goes way down.

still gotta get Moses and Pryor a contract and Crowder 

6 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Other guys to handle in 2018 it's best we sign our key guys little by little. I predict depending how Cousins does half the year will give him an extension if he plays poorly than his price goes way down.

We already extended Moses.

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

We already extended Moses.

Right but Prior, Brown, Kirk, Breeland, and I think Paul and Long are in their last years as guys who will be key contributors. Then you got guys Like Crowder who will be deserving and complimentary guys like Compton and I think Kelly will be in his last year is he continues to hold down that spot. But congrats Chris I hope you ball out this year

8 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I don't think there's any chance that Cousins signs a deal during the season. It's pretty clear he wants to hit free agency unless it's the Redskins offer a blockbuster deal, it will just depend on the Redskins if they are willing to give him that deal.

On 9/5/2017 at 11:05 AM, turtle28 said:

Redskins Sign Running Back Chris Thompson To Extension

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Redskins-Sign-Running-Back-Chris-Thompson-To-Extension/1eb70136-1edb-4959-9560-f320a4ec913a

They did not announce the terms of the new contract, but Master Tesfatsion of the Washington Post reports that it is a two-year deal that runs through the 2019 season.

As he gets a ride to work...lol O.o

Archived