The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

28 minutes ago, Norse65 said:

After a particularly lackluster performance in the middle of Tampa Bays 0 - 24 opening games McKay was asked by a reporter about his teams execution . I’m in favor of it, was his reply.  

He had a **** load. I had to go Google some for a laugh.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/491017-john-mckay-remembering-a-football-legend-through-quotes.amp.html

Lol

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

So you think.....but again, you've failed to point out when or how the team loses the power of the contract. Thats all I've been saying and so far nobody's been able to say when/where that would happen.

Twitter posts?

Instagram comments?

Nope.

Ultimately, it's the teams decision....even in your nuanced world....contract law matters.

• Like 1

This really isn't a hard issue to understand, both sides are right. A player can force his way out of a team via social media, contract permitting.

You're kidding yourselves if you don't think Brown would be in Oakland still of they couldn't void those guarantees. Minkah was on a rookie deal, Ramsey is on a rookie deal. Clowney and Mack on the 5th year tags.

Aaron Rodgers, Julio or Jared Goff could come out and say "eff my team I'm never playing another down for them" on their social media and that won't do a damn thing to get them out of town.

Long story short, social media gets you out of town, only if your contract doesn't cripple you team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

This really isn't a hard issue to understand, both sides are right. A player can force his way out of a team via social media, contract permitting. Long story short, social media gets you out of town, only if your contract doesn't cripple you team

So - its the team's decision.

Thank-you.

Thats what I've been saying.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This really isn't a hard issue to understand, both sides are right. A player can force his way out of a team via social media, contract permitting.

You're kidding yourselves if you don't think Brown would be in Oakland still of they couldn't void those guarantees. Minkah was on a rookie deal, Ramsey is on a rookie deal. Clowney and Mack on the 5th year tags.

Aaron Rodgers, Julio or Jared Goff could come out and say "eff my team I'm never playing another down for them" on their social media and that won't do a damn thing to get them out of town.

Long story short, social media gets you out of town, only if your contract doesn't cripple you team. 

You are saying exactly the same thing one side is saying. And it's not Leader's side.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Yes but you fail to acknowledge it's a completely viable way to force a hand if you know you have the power to.

No - I dont fail to acknowledge anything.

The player is always free to express his happiness (or the revers) - either directly, thru his agent or via social media.

But thats not determinative.

Just now, Leader said:

No - I dont fail to acknowledge anything.

The player is always free to express his happiness (or the revers) - either directly, thru his agent or via social media.

But thats not determinative.

You can force your teams hand, it's pretty obvious at this point. They hold the power, but it's easily eroded by being the squeaky wheel.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You can force your teams hand, it's pretty obvious at this point. They hold the power, but it's easily eroded by being the squeaky wheel.

Again - not an.....absolute power? In other words, the team can always bring the player (or agent) in and hammer out the unhappiness - but ultimately, they're not compelled to release the guy just because he's unhappy. Lots of players are less than completely "happy" - but they play - with the teams who's contract they signed - until that teams releases or trades him.

And "forcing one's hand" has to have greater clout than a Twitter post or two. Again - that makes for clickbait and interesting discussion on sports (and social) media - neither of which is binding on the team.