The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, Leader said:

You're enamored with social media and lend it greater credence or power than it holds. In NFL FO's its the contract and assessment of the players value to the team that sways their decision.

You don't read my posts, which is fine.  And this the last time I'll respond about it.

I'm not a fan of social media.  I am not enamored by it.  Never been on Facebook.  I have no idea how to access Twitter.  No clue on Instagram.  But...I get enough information on here from people posting to some of these platforms that tells me that it is certainly a platform for communication.  Be it good.  Be it bad.

I cannot ignore those facts.  By all means, though, feel; free to keep ignoring it.  And as I said, if you post one single thing on any thread that came from Twitter or any other social media platform, I'm going to post early and often about how it is purely CLICKBAIT.  I'm going to do that because I don't think you understand just how powerful those platforms have become.

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

You don't read my posts, which is fine.  And this the last time I'll respond about it.

Actually I do....and fine.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I'm not a fan of social media.  I am not enamored by it.  Never been on Facebook.  I have no idea how to access Twitter.  No clue on Instagram.  But...I get enough information on here from people posting to some of these platforms that tells me that it is certainly a platform for communication.  Be it good.  Be it bad.

How active (or not) you are on the various social media outlets doesnt apply to the discussion. You're "enamored by it" in so much as you give it greater clout than a player's contract.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I cannot ignore those facts.  By all means, though, feel; free to keep ignoring it.  And as I said, if you post one single thing on any thread that came from Twitter or any other social media platform, I'm going to post early and often about how it is purely CLICKBAIT.  I'm going to do that because I don't think you understand just how powerful those platforms have become.

This is inaccurate in so much as I dont actually post the clickbait. I copy/paste the comments of various football outlets - minus - the "clickbait" link.  The content of the comment is intended for consideration and there's no link to click on.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

You are saying exactly the same thing one side is saying. And it's not Leader's side.

That's because all I said was that social media has given players a platform that they haven't had in past years.  We've now seen multiple cases of it in a relatively short amount of time.  Heck it is even news when a guy like Ezekiel Elliot stops posting to Twitter during a contract holdout.  That's how far it's come.  It.  Is.  News.  When.  A. Player.  Stops.  Posting.  To.  Social.  Media.  

I'm not saying it is good.  I'm not saying it is bad.  I am saying that it is a new thing and I find it odd.

But, it has given more power to the players than they had prior to social media.  They don't have total control.  Just more than they did prior.  Seriously, that is all I'm saying.  

Leader, you are quite the guy.

Go.  Find me in any of these posts where I said that social media is more powerful than a contract.  Find it.  

And you can't.  Because I never said that.

But you keep changing the narrative, as you are prone to do.  

And yes, you do post things from Social Media, which by your definition is Clickbait.  You've actually fed into it by copying and pasting said clickbait and posting it here.  Over.  And Over.  And Over.  And Over.  And Over.  And Over.

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

Find me in any of these posts where I said that social media is more powerful than a contract.

Fine. Then you agree with me. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

And yes, you do post things from Social Media, which by your definition is Clickbait.  You've actually fed into it by copying and pasting said clickbait and posting it here.  Over.  And Over.  And Over.  And Over.  And Over.  And Over.

Actually not.  Since you profess not to know anything about Twitter, you probably dont realize there is no "link" to click on in order to access a person's comment. Hence - by definition - its not clickbait.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Fine. Then you agree with me. Thanks.

Actually not.  Since you profess not to know anything about Twitter, you probably dont realize there is no "link" to click on in order to access a person's comment. Hence - by definition - its not clickbait.

This is inaccurate in so much as I dont actually post the clickbait. I copy/paste the comments of various football outlets - minus - the "clickbait" link.  The content of the comment is intended for consideration and there's no link to click on.--Leader

Hmmmm.  If you copy and paste the material, without the clickable link, is it still clickbait?

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, did it still fall?

Was there a clickable link in the Jamal Adams blurb that said he unfollowed the Jets.

Or Rosen when he unfollowed Arizona?

Or Charlton when he wanted out of Dallas?

Or the entire AB saga?

You were the one that entered "clickbait" into this.