Week 1: Falcons (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?

• Dalvin Cook
    • Devonta Freeman
    • Alexander Mattison
    • Ito Smith
    • Other (state preference in thread)

11 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I heard that a lot more than how good the Vikings are

Right, it seems like that is the public perception from the game was the "Falcons must be bad to have lost to the Vikings" which is frustrating. I think this week is a lot bigger opportunity to prove it.

If anything this game sort of reminds me of the game we had against the Saints in 2017 week 1, where I was worried we would crush the Falcons and might have to play them again in the playoffs.

Edited by Nozizaki

Like I said previously, I have no problem with the mass media thinking it's the Falcons stinking more than the Vikings actually being good.  They don't handle external pressure well, so keep it away as long as possible.  I'd rather keep it away until after they destroy the Chiefs at Arrowhead.  xD

Cousins threw only 10 passes all game, completing eight, good for 98 yards and a touchdown. That’s the fewest passes a Vikings quarterback has attempted in a regular-season win since 1977, in a game at Green Bay where the wind chill made it feel like it was minus 3 degrees. But Sunday’s game was played indoors. Since 2001, according to ESPN’s Stats & Information Group, only one winning team has attempted fewer passes while playing indoors — the visiting Carolina Panthers at the Atlanta Falcons in a 10-3 victory in 2006. The Atlanta Falcons had the next fewest passes in an indoor home win, throwing 13 times in a 34-21 victory in 2008 — Matt Ryan’s first game his rookie season.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-vikings-are-running-like-its-1972/