Week 1: Falcons (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?

• Dalvin Cook
    • Devonta Freeman
    • Alexander Mattison
    • Ito Smith
    • Other (state preference in thread)

Some things:

I like that we are a run first team. Some were way too obvious and conservative but I like it overall.

Pat Elflein is absolutely awful. We need Jones back or Samia to start. He is a straight up liability every play.

Losing Alexander hurts. Kearse is good but Alexander is definitely better.

Remember when Anthony Harris was a poor starting Safety for .0275396 seconds? Good times...good times.

Xavier Rhodes still got it.

Cousins still holds the ball too long, but manages the game well.

Beebe looked better today than all of preseason. I don't get it.

Kris Boyd has some potential.

Skol!

• Like 1

Perhaps the best defensive performance for the Vikings in Sunday’s season opener came from a guy who was undrafted and making his first start in a Week 1 game. Not that Anthony Harris’ teammates were surprised by what he did in Minnesota’s 28-12 Week 1 victory over the Falcons. The Vikings safety snagged a pair of interceptions — both of which produced Dalvin Cook touchdown runs — as Harris helped lead the way for the defense.

Harrison Smith: “Even when he wasn’t a starter, whenever he played, he always played at a very high level, a starter level. It was pretty obvious today. It was huge. A pick at the goal line? That’s points. A pick to set up points, that’s the game right there. I hope he gets NFC [Defensive] Player of the Week or something.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-anthony-harris-leads-way-defense-game-changing-plays?sf219018037=1

24 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Where's your smart dude at? Kaiser? Something like that?

I need him to confirm for me that this is not a sack that you would attribute to the RT and that this Rashan Gary hit on Trubisky was pretty much just the result of the Bears Offensive Line not knowing how to handle stunts?

8OAu20z.gif

Why is this posted in this thread?

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

Why is this posted in this thread?

Wasn't really sure which one made the most sense to post in. I like the norse themes of the thread titles as an asthetic, but it does make it hard for someone to know which thread is which without digging.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1