The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

Thank you! Did not know this existed.

Its awesome. I always used it for college basketball, but with D1 baseball being turds, Ive started using their college baseball section, and Ive seen improvement from last year to this year. Games are updated much quicker. They know they have the chance to take a huge chunk of viewership from D1 now. 

47 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Its awesome. I always used it for college basketball, but with D1 baseball being turds, Ive started using their college baseball section, and Ive seen improvement from last year to this year. Games are updated much quicker. They know they have the chance to take a huge chunk of viewership from D1 now. 

Do they not link to box scores, or am I just missing something?

34 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Its just scores. Thats the one drawback. 

That stinks, wouldn't take that much longer to link to the box scores and would drive more traffic there with D1Baseball putting up their pay wall.  I guess i'll stay with my big list of links for now.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He good.

He's in the group of guys I'm really following that the Reds might look at with #5.  A young pitching combo of Hunter Greene and Matt Liberatore would be a helluva second wave of prospects in what will hopefully be the Reds next run of competitiveness about to start.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

He's in the group of guys I'm really following that the Reds might look at with #5.  A young pitching combo of Hunter Greene and Matt Liberatore would be a helluva second wave of prospects in what will hopefully be the Reds next run of competitiveness about to start.

If he's 96 with that motion and 2 potential plus secondaries I'd be surprised if he's there at 5. That's a Gore-like package of talent. 

Fight me greenie.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If he's 96 with that motion and 2 potential plus secondaries I'd be surprised if he's there at 5. That's a Gore-like package of talent. 

Fight me greenie.

Topped out at 96, sounds like he sat 90-92 with some 93.  Gore had a better breaking ball.  Not to say Liberatore's is bad though, but he's known more of a command/change up guy right now with projection.  Give him 2 years of full time baseball while  his body matures and adds muscle mass, then I definitely see a decent chance he sits 93-95 touching 97-98 in a few years.

Not to mention, not a huge jump from 3 where Gore went to 5

Edited by THE DUKE

58 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Fight me greenie.

Haha, I got no argument. Haven't taken a long enough look yet, but the reports sound best prep pitcher in the draft good. 

22 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Its just scores. Thats the one drawback. 

Damn.  I was on my phone and missed that part.  I guess I will keep searching.

22 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Fight me greenie.

Gore had a higher sitting velo than Liberatore.  He's more Allard-ish at this stage, but with a better frame to add to, IMO.

17 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I cannot quit seeing Justin Upton with him ever since someone on here mentioned it.

You're welcome. :)

On 11/2/2017 at 3:25 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:
On 11/2/2017 at 3:18 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

So Acuna is still on the same tear since April than lol

Who is a Acuna accurate comparison / projection past or present ?

Justin Upton.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

20 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I cannot quit seeing Justin Upton with him ever since someone on here mentioned it.

hard to say this when acunas only 20, but i dont ever see him getting as thick as upton is now. Upton started off more muscled up at 19 anyway imo and he lose some of his athleticism as he got older. acuna has a better shot to say leaner keep his speed/quickness longer for me.