Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

4 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

These jobs ranged from traditionally feminine roles like cook, clerk and telephonist to more traditionally masculine duties like mechanic, armourer, searchlight[25] and anti- aircraft instrument operator.[24] British women were not drafted into combat units, but could volunteer for combat duty in anti-aircraft units, which shot down German planes and V-1 missiles

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We know why this was done; realism or a semblence of it isn't the answer.

Maybe if she was a Russian sniper, then sure I guess..

Edited by cddolphin

10 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

These jobs ranged from traditionally feminine roles like cook, clerk and telephonist to more traditionally masculine duties like mechanic, armourer, searchlight[25] and anti- aircraft instrument operator.[24] British women were not drafted into combat units, but could volunteer for combat duty in anti-aircraft units, which shot down German planes and V-1 missiles

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We know why this was done; realism or a semblence of it isn't the answer.

Maybe if she was a Russian sniper, then sure I guess..

"Were not drafted, but could volunteer for combat duty..."

Like seriously imagine being this upset because women are in combat roles in a video game. Sheesh.

Also, you don't have to "guess" at her being a Russian sniper:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_women_in_World_War_II

Like yeah they could've made her a Russian but perhaps it didn't fit the fictional story they're telling with this unit, so they made her British. THE HORROR.

Edited by Darth Pees
  • Like 1

"Were not drafted, but could volunteer for combat duty..."

"...in anti-aircraft units" not in a front-line rambo role as depicted.

5 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Like seriously imagine being this upset because women are in combat roles in a video game. Sheesh

Not sure how upset you think I am, but I do know it's an exaggerrated perception which is the status quo whenever someone online responds with incredulity to this kind of stuff.

"Why is there a British female rambo? That wasn't a thing.."
"wow look at this upset nerd LMAO don't you have anything more important to be annoyed about?"
"Well sure but I'm just pointing out how silly it is.."
"whatever virgin how's your mom's basement lmao i bet you just hate women"

That's basically how these discussions go.

7 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Also, you don't have to "guess" at her being a Russian sniper:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_women_in_World_War_II

I'm well aware there were female Russian snipers which is why I made the comment that it would be a realistic depiction, as opposed to some green beret female taking on a couple tanks at once.

<insert glib shrug emoji here>

20 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Like seriously imagine being this upset because women are in combat roles in a video game. Sheesh.

Yeah I don't get it. It's ******* weird. But mahhh history!!!!! Yeah we're gonna storm Omaha Beach as an American with STGs but nah that's cool. Totally not ****ed in the head. Oh mah immerzzzionnnn but you can magically teleport spawn into a plane as it flies. Nah, not immersion ******* breaking.

It's all a ******* lie. It's just the counter culture backlashed against the SJW culture, that's fine. Don't pretend it's all about HISTORY or REALISM because I could go on for days all the bull**** that isn't. Bullet to the head from a high caliber semi rifles, you live. Oh same caliber in a bolt, oh you die. But no worries, you can have a 30.06 go through your head and I can poke you with a needle and it puts your brains back in. How realistic!!! No no no. It's all fine, it's all real, until it's some stupid SJW issue to fight about. It's all bull****. Just everyone admit you hate the fact SJWs are changing games and stop lying to my face about immersion, history, and realism. It's a ******* lie and you all know it.

Also, as far as "female russian snipers" 

French female resistance fighters, there were plenty. Pretty sure if it's based on anything, it's that, not the Russian sniper stuff....IDK history enough but it seems feasible a female french resistance fighter could have fought alongside British. Don't laugh too hard but I watched a movie when one did. The **** if I can recall what it is though. Maybe there is a basis behind that in reality, not sure. Anyways, you guys overlooked that.

Edited by NormSizedMidget
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Just everyone admit you hate the fact SJWs are changing games and stop lying to my face about immersion, history, and realism.

Por que no los dos?

People act like realism is an all-or-nothing goal. It's silly. Teleporting into a moving plane and surviving single shots to the dome are all unrealistic features which are necessary to make the game playable. Can you say the same for supergirl protagonists? Or is it clearly in the game to appease some table-banging dummies.. which is it? Be honest with yourself here.

38 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Not like they're re-writing history or anything to appease a vocal, easily-upset minority 9_9

Re-writing history lol. It's a video game dude. It's not going to be taught in history class. Stop with this bull****. Re-*******-writing history because of a video game. You guys are loons. Just be honest why you are pissed. You just admitted it with the last half of that sentence. 

6 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Por que no los dos?

People act like realism is an all-or-nothing goal. It's silly. Teleporting into a moving plane and surviving single shots to the dome are all unrealistic features which are necessary to make the game playable. Can you say the same for supergirl protagonists? Or is it clearly in the game to appease some table-banging dummies.. which is it? Be honest with yourself here.

Uh, of course it is. And you're only mad because of that fact. You're not mad because it's not realistic, you're mad because of 
"some table-banging dummies" are getting their way.

IT IS ******* stupid. 10000% stupid that they have this control these days. But it's not near as offensive to those crying OMG MY HISTORY because of history as it is what you are admitting, you hate that group and that they get their way (I do too btw but not enough to get trigged by a women or a black dude or no Swastikas in a freaking video game). You're mad a bunch of twats who won't play the game anyways cry loud enough that this **** happens. I'm not even against what you're saying. I'm just tired of hearing it's about realism and history, it's not. You're just peeved over that group and this is how you react. 

Can we talk about the fact she has a god damn metal claw machine arm. That's more stupid than the rest of it.

Also don't ignore my French Resistance part. That's what happened. That's VERY likely France right there, if not 10000% France. She's wearing a Beret, Beret is french. It's a French women from the resistance force. They existed. THERE'S YOUR HISTORY. THEY GOT IT. IT'S REAL. 

But she still has a ******* metal arm.

EDIT. I don't mean any offense by this, I've just discussed this too much lately and I'm getting irradiated, and I never get irritated.

Edited by NormSizedMidget

19 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Not sure how upset you think I am, but I do know it's an exaggerrated perception which is the status quo whenever someone online responds with incredulity to this kind of stuff.

"Why is there a British female rambo? That wasn't a thing.."
"wow look at this upset nerd LMAO don't you have anything more important to be annoyed about?"
"Well sure but I'm just pointing out how silly it is.."
"whatever virgin how's your mom's basement lmao i bet you just hate women"

Is it silly because it's not historically accurate, or silly because it's a woman going Rambo? Either you're nitpicking history being portrayed in a fictional story to be intentionally obtuse, or being sexist. Take your pick. 

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Also don't ignore my French Resistance part. That's what happened. That's VERY likely France right there, if not 10000% France. She's wearing a Beret, Beret is french. It's a French women from the resistance force. They existed. THERE'S YOUR HISTORY. THEY GOT IT. IT'S REAL. 

But she still has a ******* metal arm.

Maybe she had universal health care and was able to get that arm for a super low co-pay before the occupation?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

Is it silly because it's not historically accurate, or silly because it's a woman going Rambo? Either you're nitpicking history being portrayed in a fictional story to be intentionally obtuse, or being sexist. Take your pick. 

Only men can go Rambo in video games. Keep up, these are the rules now. 

I still can't let the metal arm thing go lol. Dollars to flipping donuts that MTX crap. Since DLC is free, they need to sell stuff. So people are going to be buying boxes or direct costumes. You know that metal arm is gonna sell like crazy lol I'm fine with cosmetic MTX's but I didn't think they would go that far with it.

6 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Only men can go Rambo in video games. Keep up, these are the rules now. 

I still can't let the metal arm thing go lol. Dollars to flipping donuts that MTX crap. Since DLC is free, they need to sell stuff. So people are going to be buying boxes or direct costumes. You know that metal arm is gonna sell like crazy lol I'm fine with cosmetic MTX's but I didn't think they would go that far with it.

I'm completely okay with them exploiting cosmetics to the fullest extent, as long as it doesn't give them in-game advantages. Rainbow Six: Siege has done a great job with this. They sell "Elite" uniforms and sets all the time, but none of them give you an advantage in the game. As long as that stays true, I don't care what they do with the bionic arm and cosmetic appeals.

I'm completely okay with them exploiting cosmetics to the fullest extent, as long as it doesn't give them in-game advantages. Rainbow Six: Siege has done a great job with this. They sell "Elite" uniforms and sets all the time, but none of them give you an advantage in the game. As long as that stays true, I don't care what they do with the bionic arm and cosmetic appeals.

I'm certainly not too triggered by it, it surprised me more than anything.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

no Swastikas in a freaking video game

There won't be swastikas? 

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

giphy.gif

If she's French then all is forgiven. Makes sense she would look brave and masculine next to the French men.

Edited by cddolphin

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

There won't be swastikas? 

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

giphy.gif

If she's French then all is forgiven. Makes sense she would look brave and masculine next to the French men.

lol, I think it's her with Brits tbh, that's my feel but I'm no expert and I'm just going off my first take. 

I actually don't know what they did with swastikas, but they weren't in BF 1942 anyways before the SJW crusade ruined your life, idk why they would be now. lol