Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

I could see there being a noticeable increase in the number of F2P games, but I'd be stunned if there were any huge Triple A game coming out for free anytime soon.  There might be a rare exception one day, but it would never become a thing.  It works for Fornite, a game that probably didn't cost 1/2 as much to make as Call of Duty.  

Fornite just came at the perfect time, really.  It is a game anyone can play in a genre (Battle Royale) that is booming.      

Yeah, competitive multiplayer games can exist in a good spot with a F2P model based off cosmetics sales but a lot of games get into P2W versions which makes them trash. Single player games can not monetize themselves off of a cosmetic based F2P model though, nobody is paying >$60 for cosmetic skins in a game like TW3 or God of War or Breath of The Wild or whatever.

I'm torn about kickstarting the Myst 25th Anniversary collection. I have a couple of the games on Steam already, so I don't need it really, but it is something I liked growing up, si I'm tempted to get them all. I'll probably  not do that, but it is really tempting, add in the fact I don't play enough computer games to make it worthwhile makes it easier to pass on, but nostalgia is strong.

Detroit Become Human comes out on Friday and I'm super excited.  The game looks so great.  This is one of the best trailers ever made for anything ever.  It does such a great job demonstrating different scenarios and outcomes.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Detroit Become Human comes out on Friday and I'm super excited.  The game looks so great.  This is one of the best trailers ever made for anything ever.  It does such a great job demonstrating different scenarios and outcomes.

I fully expect it to be as convulted as most of Cage's games but from a pure technical standpoint (supposedly over 400 actors/characters) it's gonna be a nice ride.

BF 5 live reveal is streaming right now.

War Stories from BF1 is coming back. Co-op mode that looks like Bad Company is coming. There's a new "fortification" system for multiplayer that lets you build stuff like in Fortnite, but like reinforcing walls, build structures, foxholes, etc.

And there's a new "Grand Operations" game mode...I tuned in after that was announced though.

Apparently you can also "level up" guns via perks...which is complete BS to me. Now everyone level 100 is easily able to beat new players just by having a better gun.

They're also saying it is 100% not pay-to-win', and everything you unlock comes from playing the game.

No more Premium Pass, either.

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Apparently you can also "level up" guns via perks...which is complete BS to me. Now everyone level 100 is easily able to beat new players just by having a better gun.

They're also saying it is 100% not pay-to-win', and everything you unlock comes from playing the game.

No more Premium Pass, either.

We all know exactly what this means.. everything CAN be unlocked from playing the game. Probably for upwards of 1000 hours. We know damn well there will still be an option to purchase SOMETHING that effects gameplay.

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:

We all know exactly what this means.. everything CAN be unlocked from playing the game. Probably for upwards of 1000 hours. We know damn well there will still be an option to purchase SOMETHING that effects gameplay.

Yep. When they were pressed like "can you purchase things?!" they seemed to indicate (though I'm not sure if they were just wording this carefully because the interaction seemed natural) that you cannot do that.

I'm skeptical.

The reveal trailer was pretty dope though.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Well then don't go to Reddit. Lots of crying over there about women being portrayed in combat roles in WWII. Pure cancer.

Not like they're re-writing history or anything to appease a vocal, easily-upset minority 9_9