Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I actually don't know what they did with swastikas, but they weren't in BF 1942 anyways before the SJW crusade ruined your life, idk why they would be now. lol

Yeah I remember that, it was always kind of ironic to me and fell into my general annoyance bin alongside other stories from recent years. I wonder if the sickle and hammers were removed as well....................

6 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Yeah I remember that, it was always kind of ironic to me and fell into my general annoyance bin alongside other stories from recent years. I wonder if the sickle and hammers were removed as well....................

Well they aren't in 1942 because they just represented something bad. My understanding was because it's illegal to use them in that way in Germany and at that time they didn't want to press two versions of the game, the easier way was to do away with them. It wasn't some huge social issue where they singled them out over hammer and sickle or what have you. It was kind of a money issue actually lol does that make you feel better now

11 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

My understanding was because it's illegal to use them in that way in Germany and at that time they didn't want to press two versions of the game, the easier way was to do away with them. It wasn't some huge social issue where they singled them out over hammer and sickle or what have you. It was kind of a money issue actually lol does that make you feel better now

...yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

RIP TotalBiscuit

I feel like that was so quick. I feel like it was only a few weeks ago he mentioned getting to an untreatable stage, but I'm not sure if I just read it late. He was never someone that really affected me personally, but I know he affected alot of people in the gaming industry and it was a really sad story. RIP

Not that I care, since I long ago pledged my myself to never hand over another dime to EA, but complaining about a female character [with a cybernetic arm no less] being in the new BF game is HILARIOUS. Remember this is a game/series where...

You can be shot dozens of time, but heal yourself by rubbing your self with bandages.

Taking a large caliber bullet to the stomach doesn't cause you character to lay down the on ground, slowly bleeding out in agony, nah sit behind some cover for a bit, and you all good to go.

Being shot doesnt effect your movement, or ability to move at all. Just makes your vision turn red.

Being clipped by a large explosion only obscures your vision for a few seconds and causes temporary ringing.

Knife attacks = instant kills. Cuz you know, realism.

You can die, but be revived by a player designated "medic" where said character just sits next to you for a designated period of time.

Death means waiting 30 seconds before respawning

Camping is considered a violation of the Geneva Convention

Tanks have HP bars, but you can fix that by blow torching the outside.

You can sprint unimpeded by any environmental obstacles until a bar runs out. Then you huff and puff for a fews seconds and are able to do it again.

Getting three kills in a row means soldiers can obtain access to artillery strikes, and drone strikes. I think they teach you that in the 3rd week of basic.

Certain man made structures are indestructible, and moving outside some arbitrary boundary cause an immediate motor strike 

Flying aircraft doesnt require any training, you just hop in and figure it out! Up is up, down is down, and you are good to go.

A handful of plucky war story stereotypes can take down REGIMENTS full of soldiers because ya know, plot armor. 

BF/CoD has never been a Historical Simulation, and in the last decade, these series' have been moving further and further from it. Its always been about avatars running around shooting era inspired guns, and wearing era inspired uniform skins. Adding in PoC or women doesnt effect that core gameplay, or style in any way shape or form. Bunch of snowflakes complaining for the sake of complaining.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

BF/CoD has never been a Historical Simulation, and in the last decade, these series' have been moving further and further from it. Its always been about avatars running around shooting era inspired guns, and wearing era inspired uniform skins. Adding in PoC or women doesnt effect that core gameplay, or style in any way shape or form. Bunch of snowflakes complaining for the sake of complaining.

Everybody complaining about PoC or Women in these games are either triggered little incels or racists, nobody else cares. Anybody that tries to defend themselves is a straight up liar.

Edited by TXsteeler
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 5:16 PM, cddolphin said:

Gotta be honest. Don't play those games but it would surprise me if they did. It's part of the walking on egg shell mentality that everyone does now. 

Swastikas are not in any video game because it is straight up illegal to use that symbol in Germany, and developers aren’t going to make two versions of a game simply to use a hate symbol.

complaining about swastikas or women soldiers or inaccuracies in a historical FICTION video game is just pathetic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Swastikas are not in any video game because it is straight up illegal to use that symbol in Germany, and developers aren’t going to make two versions of a game simply to use a hate symbol.

complaining about swastikas or women soldiers or inaccuracies in a historical FICTION video game is just pathetic.

Everyone's blaming the SJW movement. Swastikas already weren't in BF 1942 for this same reason. 

They only care about history when it's a social type thing. Otherwise all the insane **** in BF is fine. My tweet in the BF threat from today is perfect for what's going on

17 hours ago, animaltested said:

Not that I care, since I long ago pledged my myself to never hand over another dime to EA, but complaining about a female character [with a cybernetic arm no less] being in the new BF game is HILARIOUS. Remember this is a game/series where...

You can be shot dozens of time, but heal yourself by rubbing your self with bandages.

Taking a large caliber bullet to the stomach doesn't cause you character to lay down the on ground, slowly bleeding out in agony, nah sit behind some cover for a bit, and you all good to go.

Being shot doesnt effect your movement, or ability to move at all. Just makes your vision turn red.

Being clipped by a large explosion only obscures your vision for a few seconds and causes temporary ringing.

Knife attacks = instant kills. Cuz you know, realism.

You can die, but be revived by a player designated "medic" where said character just sits next to you for a designated period of time.

Death means waiting 30 seconds before respawning

Camping is considered a violation of the Geneva Convention

Tanks have HP bars, but you can fix that by blow torching the outside.

You can sprint unimpeded by any environmental obstacles until a bar runs out. Then you huff and puff for a fews seconds and are able to do it again.

Getting three kills in a row means soldiers can obtain access to artillery strikes, and drone strikes. I think they teach you that in the 3rd week of basic.

Certain man made structures are indestructible, and moving outside some arbitrary boundary cause an immediate motor strike 

Flying aircraft doesnt require any training, you just hop in and figure it out! Up is up, down is down, and you are good to go.

A handful of plucky war story stereotypes can take down REGIMENTS full of soldiers because ya know, plot armor. 

You can sprint indefinitely in BF even lol

Edited by NormSizedMidget