Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's interesting because Battlefield 1 was based during the WW1 time frame and people absolutely love it.  That game is actually really good, especially right now.  If BFV was based in WWII, people would go crazy over that.  People really tend to love shooters from that time period.  TBH, I don't care what direction they go in as long as the game is quality.  It would be cool to see a futuristic Battlefield game and see them take a chance, but I think the WWII/Modern time frame is much more safer direction for them to go in. 

EDIT:  Apparently the reveal is tomorrow, but it seems to have been confirmed it is set in WWII.

I hope they do something unique with WWII and don't try to just make BF1 in the WWII era. I thought BF1 was very underwhelming, personally, but that's because I've always been a sniper in Battlefield and they've been crapping all over sniping since BF3 and making it more and more useless every iteration - and BF1 was no exception.

I'll watch the reveal tomorrow and hopefully be optimistic, but my interest in BF games has faded every year since BF3 and especially with Hardline, and even though BF1 was a huge step up from Hardline, I've just lost interest in the game over the years.

I don't mind Sniping in games like Battlefield, but most people despise snipers because they just sit around and do nothing.  Also, it's really frustrating trying to move around and play the game and have a dude who is sitting in a bush kill you from across the map.  I actually hate sniping in most games.  BFBC2 was really fun and I wish they made a game like that again.

14 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I hope they do something unique with WWII and don't try to just make BF1 in the WWII era. I thought BF1 was very underwhelming, personally, but that's because I've always been a sniper in Battlefield and they've been crapping all over sniping since BF3 and making it more and more useless every iteration - and BF1 was no exception.

I'll watch the reveal tomorrow and hopefully be optimistic, but my interest in BF games has faded every year since BF3 and especially with Hardline, and even though BF1 was a huge step up from Hardline, I've just lost interest in the game over the years.

Bf1 was the best I ever was at sniping since bc2 Vietnam. I thought it was too easy until the ttk update and I stopped using it as much. I didn't even have 100 sniper kills TOTAL in bf4 or 3. And recon is my best class in bf1. Not even arguing you're wrong but that's my experience.

53 minutes ago, showtime said:

That game is actually really good, especially right now. 

Are you talking about BF1?  If so, what makes it especially good now?  I played at launch and really liked the game, but kind of just stopped playing it.  I was actually thinking of starting it up the other day but you saying that makes me wonder if there was some big update/change or DLC. 

33 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Are you talking about BF1?  If so, what makes it especially good now?  I played at launch and really liked the game, but kind of just stopped playing it.  I was actually thinking of starting it up the other day but you saying that makes me wonder if there was some big update/change or DLC. 

Updates and DLC has made it a lot of fun, imo.  I was able to get a DLC pack or whatever it's called for free.  Didn't know it was even free until I randomly saw someone saying it was in the store for free download.

But yea, the game in general is just pretty good.

This really seems difficult for DICE to screw up, but they might.  BF1 is a game a lot of people really like, so I can't imagine BF5 being bad unless something horrible goes wrong.  I remember when the next gen consoles came out at the end of 2013.  They launched with Battlefield 4 and that game's servers were absolutely dreadful for like the first 6 months.  It was huge because that was the first 60 player mega BF game on consoles and it would hardly have filled games, servers wouldn't connect, etc.  The game was good other than that, but that is obviously a huge problem. 

I have liked pretty much all the BF games except for BF3.  I don't know why, but I just never liked it.  BF4 was good, but the server issues really screwed it up. 

EDIT:  I didn't like Hardline, either.  So actually BF had quite a run of like 3 games in a row (BF3, BF4 and Hardline) where I either didn't like the game or it had some type of mega issue.  BF1 is def on the right track, so just follow a similar formula and change it up a bit for BF5.

19 minutes ago, showtime said:

This really seems difficult for DICE to screw up, but they might.  BF1 is a game a lot of people really like, so I can't imagine BF5 being bad unless something horrible goes wrong.  I remember when the next gen consoles came out at the end of 2013.  They launched with Battlefield 4 and that game's servers were absolutely dreadful for like the first 6 months.  It was huge because that was the first 60 player mega BF game on consoles and it would hardly have filled games, servers wouldn't connect, etc.  The game was good other than that, but that is obviously a huge problem. 

I have liked pretty much all the BF games except for BF3.  I don't know why, but I just never liked it.  BF4 was good, but the server issues really screwed it up. 

EDIT:  I didn't like Hardline, either.  So actually BF had quite a run of like 3 games in a row (BF3, BF4 and Hardline) where I either didn't like the game or it had some type of mega issue.  BF1 is def on the right track, so just follow a similar formula and change it up a bit for BF5.

Yeah that bf4 launch was brutal. What's weird is reading the battlefield sub Reddit you'd swear at least 60% of people HATE bf1. Most of my bf buddies went back to 3/4 early. I dropped 200+ hours which is a lot for me these days.

I never got into 4 but I have no reason why. I actually played Hardline more. I think it's underrated. The balance was crap and still is. But it was crapped on so hard it never had a chance. I reinstalled this past week, can't hardly find a server but it's fun. I imagine it's the competition but I nearly top frag every game. And I went to check my total stats. 1.07 kdr. Lol. I've been between 1.75-2.5 every game for total stats. I'm amazed I liked it played that poorly. I still think that have got a bum rap for silly reasons. Like don't call it battlefield. Who cares what you call it, the gameplay is what matters. But I get there are some that are bothered by superficial things and what not.

Edit. I wonder if that bf4 stuff was more console issues and that's why I had fewer issues. The issue for me was you'd get SO many shots registered after you're behind a wall. Like constantly. Some of that was probably my internet though. But I didn't have that in other games. But oh my, that got old. I even believe a lot of them were me getting lit before I got there but the fact it was delayed was annoying and I'm the the most easy going gamer alive it feels like.

Edited by NormSizedMidget

26 minutes ago, showtime said:

Updates and DLC has made it a lot of fun, imo.  I was able to get a DLC pack or whatever it's called for free.  Didn't know it was even free until I randomly saw someone saying it was in the store for free download.

But yea, the game in general is just pretty good.

Two dlcs are free now if you got the French one. The Russian one is now or is very soon

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Just so you know there was a large ttk update that makes every class but scout kill faster. I loved it. Others don't. Most of the guns that were good still are but some that were more the super accurate laser beams that took a while to kill with, they were mediocre but now some of them are quite good.

If you have premium there's a lot of new guns if you haven't played lately obviously. Ribeyrolles with optic is something else but I've been switching guns and just toying with everything more than anything else. 

6 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Bf1 was the best I ever was at sniping since bc2 Vietnam. I thought it was too easy until the ttk update and I stopped using it as much. I didn't even have 100 sniper kills TOTAL in bf4 or 3. And recon is my best class in bf1. Not even arguing you're wrong but that's my experience.

I've been sniping since BF2:MC and I've always been really good at it and back when I played competitively it's what I did. Then they started just nerfing the crap out of it because they were tired of people not rambo'ing around the map.

BF1 sniping was alright. I liked the "sweet spot" aspect, but overall it's just meh. I really wish they would just let the snipers be a OHK to the chest but limit how much you can run and gun. Sniping is already mitigated completely by just using vehicles, so all the extra difficulties to kill foot soldiers is stupid IMO.

But anyways my opinion is really specific just to myself and how I've lost interest. I'm not surprised many other people feel the opposite given the game changes they've made over the years.

• Like 1

Decided to give State of Decay 2 a shot. Pull up the microsoft site to buy that son of a gun, and it gives me a new security prompt. Okay... Fine. It's not showing me what email it's sending the security check to, however, so I decide to put my phone number in instead. It has now locked my account for 30 days.

I guess I won't try your stupid @#$%ing game then.

5 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Decided to give State of Decay 2 a shot. Pull up the microsoft site to buy that son of a gun, and it gives me a new security prompt. Okay... Fine. It's not showing me what email it's sending the security check to, however, so I decide to put my phone number in instead. It has now locked my account for 30 days.

Isnt that on Microsoft and not the game? Just find a number and call someone.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Isnt that on Microsoft and not the game? Just find a number and call someone.

It's published by Microsoft.

Also my account isn't actually locked... I can access everything except anything to do with payment. It's part of their security. 30 days.

Edited by nagahide13

7 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

It's pretty cool. Took what the first one did and added some depth to it while still keeping it similar to the first game. I'm pleased with it so far. 

On 5/21/2018 at 2:05 PM, showtime said:

Within two years, most games will become free-to-play, I predict.  There isn't going to be anymore triple A releases that cost $60 in the near future.  

I could see there being a noticeable increase in the number of F2P games, but I'd be stunned if there were any huge Triple A game coming out for free anytime soon.  There might be a rare exception one day, but it would never become a thing.  It works for Fornite, a game that probably didn't cost 1/2 as much to make as Call of Duty.  

Fornite just came at the perfect time, really.  It is a game anyone can play in a genre (Battle Royale) that is booming.