The Official Thread of Penn State University

Utley

Just now, Danger said:

I don't see why you always feel the need to belittle me. Is it an immature mindset? Sure, but it's pretty normal in the realm of college football fandom.

Just because a lot of people do it doesn't mean it's okay. He doesn't owe you, or Penn State, anything. I'm not trying to belittle you, but that's something that's got to stop among all fanbases.

Just now, Utley said:

Just because a lot of people do it doesn't mean it's okay. He doesn't owe you, or Penn State, anything. I'm not trying to belittle you, but that's something that's got to stop among all fanbases.

Is it wrong for me to boo him if he were to come to Beaver Stadium? Am I not allowed to hope he has an underwhelming collegiate career? Ohio State literally ruins everything in College Football for me. If Flemming went to literally any other school I wouldn't have minded.

6 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

meh. His decision. Sees better chance at NFL by going to OSU

Someone of his talent can likely make the NFL as a high draft pick even if he went to a school such as Minnesota. I understand that that's probably a large part of his mindset, but that doesn't change my feelings regarding the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

So what's up with recruiting lately?

There was a point in time where Flemming was a virtual lock to come to Happy Valley, and now we've had 2 Offensive Tackles decommit within the last week in Grant Toutant and Aaryn Parks.

Something doesn't seem like it's good.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

There was a point in time where Flemming was a virtual lock to come to Happy Valley, and now we've had 2 Offensive Tackles decommit within the last week in Grant Toutant and Aaryn Parks.

9-4 and losing to UK equals zero momentum. We are experiencing the same at FSU but worse. Also Day has the bump class right now and is bullying PSU on the trail.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danger said:

9-4.

We need the games to start already.

• 4 weeks later...

Yet another decommitment, this time LB Derek Wingo.

That's the 4th player to decommit in the last month. and the 3rd 4th star prospect.

I feel like there's something that we don't know about, and aren't going to like when we find out.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Yet another decommitment, this time LB Derek Wingo.

That's the 4th player to decommit in the last month. and the 3rd 4th star prospect.

I feel like there's something that we don't know about, and aren't going to like when we find out.

Wingo de-committed a few weeks ago and committed with Florida. 

I know there are rumors floating around, and who knows what the facts are, but I'd venture to say that the real reason guys are jumping ship is the lack of success last year.  PSU was kind of the trendy choice for a lot of guys going into last season.  The success wasn't there though, so I think some guys that were leaning that direction or had made decisions for PSU probably did some re-assessing.  A bounce-back season would go a long ways to getting the recruiting going again.  I know there are also some questions about Franklin's longevity there, but some of that might just be rumor. 

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Wingo de-committed a few weeks ago and committed with Florida. 

I know there are rumors floating around, and who knows what the facts are, but I'd venture to say that the real reason guys are jumping ship is the lack of success last year.  PSU was kind of the trendy choice for a lot of guys going into last season.  The success wasn't there though, so I think some guys that were leaning that direction or had made decisions for PSU probably did some re-assessing.  A bounce-back season would go a long ways to getting the recruiting going again.  I know there are also some questions about Franklin's longevity there, but some of that might just be rumor. 

It's troublesome because James Franklin was known more for his ability in recruiting than his ability to just outcoach anyone. And now we're having one of our weakest recruiting classes in years.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

It's troublesome because James Franklin was known more for his ability in recruiting than his ability to just outcoach anyone. And now we're having one of our weakest recruiting classes in years.

15 3 stars not good...

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

15 3 stars not good...

It's middling. Sure you'll have some 3 star players that will factor in big ways, but more often than not they wind up being role players for teams that are in the top 25 consistently.