FA 2020

drfrey13

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

CHJ is a borderline HOF level corner. One of the most instinctive quick twitch corners of the past decade and a great leader/influence on your defense in the meeting room . He can be the vet anchor on a young team and especially in the secondary.

I bet gruden is pounding the table for him. Mayock wants Jones. Jones in a vacuum is better, but no way in hell im giving Jones 18-20 million a year. It’s just too much...

In his prime he definitely was an elite player. But he's going to be 31 and he's coming off of a terrible season. Why should we sign him to a big deal and expect him to improve? 

Just now, NYRaider said:

In his prime he definitely was an elite player. But he's going to be 31 and he's coming off of a terrible season. Why should we sign him to a big deal and expect him to improve? 

That's the thing. I don't think we'd sign him to a BIG deal. I think it would be modest or not at all. And I wouldn't expect him to be elite anymore. Just "good", depending on how you define that. 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

That's the thing. I don't think we'd sign him to a BIG deal. I think it would be modest or not at all. And I wouldn't expect him to be elite anymore. Just "good", depending on how you define that. 

He declined a solid offer last yr. Doubt he does it cheap. Give me young CBs. Need to build. 27/28 is fine on 4 yr deal

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

At minimum he'll likely seek a similar deal to what Bradley Roby just got so around $13M per year.