FA 2020

drfrey13

1 hour ago, Gannon12 said:

Tannehill is practically perfect for the Titans. Signing him would be the right move. But the possibility of getting Brady will give them pause (for good reason). 

I say the Titans won't sign Tannehill until they know what Brady is going to do. 

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Tannehill is practically perfect for the Titans. Signing him would be the right move. But the possibility of getting Brady will give them pause (for good reason). 

I say the Titans won't sign Tannehill until they know what Brady is going to do. 

Yup. Just hoping we win the lottery on that gambit 

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Let’s goooo. If he’s healthy it’s an easy choice to bring him in. 

Nice! I’d really love to get this guy on a modest deal.  He’s be a great value signing.

SAM- Simmons (Trade up in draft: 8,80,118 for 8)

MIKE- Schobert (FA: 4y/44M)

WILL- Kirksey (FA: 1-2@ 3-4M per)

all 3 would make Raiders all decade team Instantly lol. 

• Like 1

I keep coming back to this blueprint for Free Agency. Mayock was widely recognized in league circles as having the best offseason last year. I still think they approach it the same way. 

They make a day 1 splash signing for Littleton making him the highest paid LB in the NFL. Like they did with Trent Brown

I think they end up missing out on Byron Jones and in turn make an AB like trade and resign for Darius Slay. They get their CB1 to put opposite of Mullen for the next 3 years at least.

Then they sign two more players to upper tier contracts for their position like they did with Lamarcus Joyner and Tyrell Williams. And they sign Anthony Harris and D'Vondre Campbell. 

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I think we will be astounded by the overhaul incoming for our move to Vegas 

This is definitely the year to spend some money....

new stadium and city... gotta bring excitement

new cba coming... camp going up, 16m for Jones will seam cheap when next years CB market plays out.  4y, 64m this year will be 4y, 72m next year.

3 more years of a QB at sub 20m, not locked in long term to 

poor drafts under Reggie left few FAs to resign until a modest ‘22 FA class and then a massive ‘23 class.

7-9 record last year, on the cusp of being a playoff team

major holes on defense, lacking playmakers on both sides of the ball

big name contract players have de-escalating cap hits or at least have very stable contracts, no big jumps in pay in future years.

joyner’s 10M, Jackson’s 10M, and T.William’s 11M+ contracts can be walked away from with only Joyner having a 2M+ dead cap.

almost zero dead cap and no contracts that have future dead cap if players are released, besides rookie deals.

To me that’s a recipe for spending a little more than we normally would.  While being a total boring fiscally conservative type of guy, it’s definitely the right time to blow some of that new LV money like we won it at the tables and are now gonna make it rain.  Albeit, spend it wisely on players.... get some big name FAs and maybe outbid to a reasonable degree... and not overpay scrubs.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I think they end up missing out on Byron Jones and in turn make an AB like trade and resign for Darius Slay. They get their CB1 to put opposite of Mullen for the next 3 years at least.

Then they sign two more players to upper tier contracts for their position like they did with Lamarcus Joyner and Tyrell Williams. And they sign Anthony Harris and D'Vondre Campbell. 

What do you think Slay costs in a trade and what kind of deal would we be able to sign him for.

if it’s a 81/91 in compensation and a 3y deal at 15-16M in onboard but I don’t think a 2nd (I know we’d have to acquire one) and then sign him for 17M+ is worth it.

to me it comes down to slay and Jones being equal... their close enough in level of play to just call them both CB1s ... so it comes down to how much more money does one cost vs the other and what is that worth in draft capital.  

15 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

What do you think Slay costs in a trade and what kind of deal would we be able to sign him for.

if it’s a 81/91 in compensation and a 3y deal at 15-16M in onboard but I don’t think a 2nd (I know we’d have to acquire one) and then sign him for 17M+ is worth it.

to me it comes down to slay and Jones being equal... their close enough in level of play to just call them both CB1s ... so it comes down to how much more money does one cost vs the other and what is that worth in draft capital.  

I think a 3rd would be enough since they won't pay him and he'll leave next offseason at the latest. The best they could hope for if he leaves as a FA is a 2022 3rd comp pick. Getting a higher 3rd to use this year looks like the right move for them. If someone wants to give them more, they can have Slay. Don't know about the contract.