Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm sure the first contact between NE and AB's camp happened this afternoon.

I was just thinking the same thing.  Do you think he was already talking to Belichick before the issue with his feet?  It truly wouldn't surprise me.  I just lost a lot of respect for the Patriots.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Furthermore he is making 50% of what he was guaranteed for a multi year contract in Oakland in a single year in NE.  This has tampering stamped all over it.

Oh, come on. 

Brown is making $15M this single year, $9M is guaranteed. 

He was scheduled to make $50M in three years, with $30M guaranteed. Those GTD dollars are split in the first two years of the deal, the third being virtually straight cap. 

So his total is less than 1/3. His guaranteed dollars are less than 1/3. Even if you divvied up his three-year Oakland contract into straight thirds, he’d be making less in 2019. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Oh, come on. 

Brown is making $15M this single year, $9M is guaranteed. 

He was scheduled to make $50M in three years, with $30M guaranteed. 

So his total is less than 1/3. His guaranteed dollars are less than 1/3. Even if you divvied up his three-year Oakland contract into straight thirds, he’d be making less in 2019. 

I'm talking about the 30M guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

They'll win the SB, that's the way it always works out when they do something unethical.

If that's what it takes to win Super Bowls, what are we doing being fans of this sport?  I just hope fate plays a hand and keeps them from winning it.  

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm talking about the 30M guaranteed.

Yes but you compared his total dollars of this contract to the guaranteed dollars of another. That doesn’t make sense. 

Brown’s GTD dollars is $9M on this deal. Less than a third of the GTD dollars on a three-year deal (a deal in which the GTD dollars were virtually all in the first two years) he had in Oakland. 

Just now, Spooky said:

Only because it's the Patriots 

B.S.  not for me anyway. IDC what team it would've been. He signed quick af. Its logical to assume tampering was at least possible. 

However, especially because its the Patriots who've been accused and punished for cheating on at least 2 occasions already 

Archived