Should the NFL step in AB/Patriots

Humble_Beast

No investigation needed, mostly because what could they possibly turn up?

Im sure players hear whispers all the time about who wants them or who might trade for them or whatever from agents, former teammates on other teams, etc. there’s very easy ways to get that information out there and keep your hands clean. an investigation is no use IMO but I don’t care if someone feels the need.

Even if anything was coordinated outside the realm of the “whispers” I mentioned above, it was all executed through ABs end.

Ain’t nothing gonna stick. If its really as obvious as some of you would like to believe, then they weren’t dumb enough to leave tracks.

2 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Lol nothing is gonna happen except the Patriots continue outclassing the rest of the league and keep winning

They might keep "winning" but they will be outclassing no one.  There is no class in winning this way.  It's just like Bountygate in 2009.  Sure, you won a trophy, but what does it really mean when you had to cheat to do it?  This is absolutely no different.  What they did to the Raiders and, really, to the entire sport of football is totally classless.  They have no honor.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

No investigation needed, mostly because what could they possibly turn up?

Im sure players hear whispers all the time about who wants them or who might trade for them or whatever from agents, former teammates on other teams, etc. there’s very easy ways to get that information out there and keep your hands clean. an investigation is no use IMO but I don’t care if someone feels the need.

Even if anything was coordinated outside the realm of the “whispers” I mentioned above, it was all executed through ABs end.

Ain’t nothing gonna stick. If its really as obvious as some of you would like to believe, then they weren’t dumb enough to leave tracks.

The investigation would be on AB at the minimum. That he signed a contract and never had a single intention on playing and orchestrated to get off the team to sign with a team of his choice.

This is fraud.

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The investigation would be on AB at the minimum. That he signed a contract and never had a single intention on playing and orchestrated to get off the team to sign with a team of his choice.

This is fraud.

Fraud?  People do this all the time.  They leave jobs, voluntarily if they can, or involuntarily if they can’t, all the time.  He simply got fired and went to work for another employer.  Hardly fraud.  You can think he is a bad person for doing what he did or feel he handled it the wrong way, but calling it fraud is ludicrous.

Just now, BayRaider said:

The investigation would be on AB at the minimum.

Fair. Like I said, it was executed on his end... if we’re assuming this was always the plan.

That he signed a contract and never had a single intention on playing and orchestrated to get off the team to sign with a team of his choice.

Could be tough to prove someone’s intention and mindset heading into something like changing teams and moving to a new city and signing a huge contract. (I’m not technically a lawyer) Without damning evidence. Maybe damning evidence is out there, which is why I said I don’t care if someone looks into it.

This is fraud.

If it is, I hope they can prove it and get some money back. 

In a perfect world, what do you think should happen to AB? 

1 minute ago, windh999 said:

Fraud?  People do this all the time.  They leave jobs, voluntarily if they can, or involuntarily if they can’t, all the time.  He simply got fired and went to work for another employer.  Hardly fraud.  You can think he is a bad person for doing what he did or feel he handled it the wrong way, but calling it fraud is ludicrous.

This was a contract. Huge difference. He signed a contract he intended to honor.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Fair. Like I said, it was executed on his end... if we’re assuming this was always the plan.

Could be tough to prove someone’s intention and mindset heading into something like changing teams and moving to a new city and signing a huge contract. (I’m not technically a lawyer) Without damning evidence. Maybe damning evidence is out there, which is why I said I don’t care if someone looks into it.

If it is, I hope they can prove it and get some money back. 

In a perfect world, what do you think should happen to AB? 

Suspended for the entire 2020 NFL Season for orchestrating to get off a team that he signed a contract for. NFL makes an example.

Nothing is awarded to any team and nothing happens to the Patriots or Drew. Just AB.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

They might keep "winning" but they will be outclassing no one.  There is no class in winning this way.  It's just like Bountygate in 2009.  Sure, you won a trophy, but what does it really mean when you had to cheat to do it?  This is absolutely no different.  What they did to the Raiders and, really, to the entire sport of football is totally classless.  They have no honor.

I agree it isn’t outclassing the league, but it is business.  The patriots simply do business better.  It definitely isn’t cheating.  All teams conduct business this way so to say they are classless and have no honor is a ridiculous statement.  The Browns signed Kareem Hunt.  The Chiefs signed Tyreek Hill and tampered with Jeremy Maclin.  I could go on and on with every team’s questionable decisions.  I guess every team in the NFL is classless and have no honor then.

Suspended for the entire 2020 NFL Season for orchestrating to get off a team that he signed a contract for. NFL makes an example.

Nothing is awarded to any team and nothing happens to the Patriots or Drew. Just AB.

Fair if we’re waiting for an investigation to turn up some evidence damning evidence.

Anybody know what kind of power the NFL would have here?

Archived