Should the NFL step in AB/Patriots

Humble_Beast

I doubt he makes it through the season. You're telling me he's not going to complain, show up late to meetings, sleep in meetings, or post anything dumb on social media? Okay...

And lol at this being coordinated. Drew was part of a plan that involved losing millions and millions of dollars? Cmon now.

Just now, Art_Vandalay said:

I doubt he makes it through the season. You're telling me he's not going to complain, show up late to meetings, sleep in meetings, or post anything dumb on social media? Okay...

And lol at this being coordinated. Drew was part of a plan that involved losing millions and millions of dollars? Cmon now.

not planned by Drew.

Just by AB

Does the NFL have any real recourse for this without any direct evidence? I don't even care that he went to New England but more that he torpedo'd the Raiders' offseason in the process (including losing draft picks). Sure Gruden is a meme coach but thats a onerous precedent to set. There is probably nothing they can do but I wouldn't be surprised if they addressed in the next CBA.

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

We shall see. 

Keep in mind, this can actually work out for the best with Brown financially speaking. His deal with the Raiders was basically 3 years, 50 million. His 19 / 20 base salaries were guaranteed (14.625M + 14.5M) plus his signing bonus. He gave up his workout bonus (had to attend 85% of the workouts). 

If he lasts the entire year, he gets 15 million this year and is a free agent after the year is over. If he has another great season on the field, he's immediately going to point to julio's new deal (22m). Now, there's a lot of ifs  with that scenario, so certainly risk, but financially speaking, this is not a guaranteed loss at all for Drew / AB. 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:
I just got a text from someone I trust in the league and they believe this was all coordinated. That at some point AB got word that Pats would sign him if he ever got released.
Verified Twitter Accounts posting everywhere that sources are confirming this was 100% coordinated by AB and Drew. The only question is, was any member of the Patriot FO in on it? 

If this is true and can be, to any extent, proven expect NE to lose multiple draft picks and the potential of this contract to be denied for 'finalization' by the league.

Just now, wwhickok said:

If this is true and can be, to any extent, proven expect NE to lose multiple draft picks and the potential of this contract to be denied for 'finalization' by the league.

I don't think they will end up proving the Pats were involved but I do expect a investgation and AB to be suspended 8 games the start of next year.

47 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

There’s no way a deal could agreed to that fast. How does he get away racial slurs, holding a team hostage and gets a raise 

Brown’s getting paid almost the same amount as he was in Oakland for 2019. Now he’s set to make $0 in 2020 as opposed to $17.5M and $0 in 2021 as opposed to $17.5M. 

If he gets cut today, he’ll have made $9M from NE. If he got cut in Oakland (without the drama), he’d have made over $30M. 

Not exactly a raise.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Brown’s getting paid almost the same amount as he was in Oakland for 2019. Now he’s set to make $0 in 2020 as opposed to $17.5M and $0 in 2021 as opposed to $17.5M. 

yeah.....but someone is gonna pay AB next year.

He is betting on himself

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I do not think it's going to happen, but as we've seen in the Brady's situation in the deflagate, if Roger Goodell thinks it's been coordinated and decides to punish, even if there's no evidence, I do not think anyone can stop Goodell to do that if he want to do that, since Goodell has all the power since the CBA in 2011.

I still do not think it's going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If he gets cut today, he’ll have made $9M from NE. If he got cut in Oakland (without the drama), he’d have made over $30M. 

Not exactly a raise.

He can have more next year on the open market, especially with the contracts that Michael Thomas and Julio Jones have had in the last month.

Anyway, I have to just laugh at the Pats-paranoia at this point. Gordon doesn’t get reinstated on any other team, just NE. Pats signed a FA, must investigate. 

NE already established interest in Brown in the spring. Brown seemed to be interested too. They were denied, no biggy. We all agree Brown was a head case prior to joining Oakland, right? So he goes to a new environment after getting everything his way in Pittsburgh, and starts a similar narrative in California. He gets himself cut, which you could assume was done on purpose if you want, and then NE signs him shortly after. How is that confusing? They had interest already and they had it when he was cut. 

Oh, the timing, right? Oh it happened too quickly. Weren’t we expecting Washington to make a deal for him shortly after 4PM? Or maybe Seattle? But nah, it’s NE, so it’s fishy. 

I don’t like Brown at all and didn’t want NE to get him. But I’m forced to accept him on the roster and hope for the best. The paranoia though...

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Not exactly a raise.

But as Malf said, certainly has the potential to get one. He's betting on himself here. The one thing I don't doubt is his talent, so am I going to be shocked if he signs a 3 year, 63 million dollar deal after this season? Not at all. And that would be raise. Lots of moving parts there, but he's going after what he wanted, and if you're going to do that, there's almost always risk involved. 

Archived