BDL 2019 Week 1 - Seoul Dragons @ Singapore Sentinels

Whicker

Seoul Dragons @ Singapore Sentinels  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Seoul Dragons
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2019 at 04:00 AM

This is a close matchup, but there a couple glaring issues for me with Singapore.  Please do not play Aaron Donald as a 5T in a 34, he doesn't have the length to succeed there.    His best trait is his speed and agility to knife through the trash in the middle.  I'm sure he would be good, but not the dominant force he is as a 3T.  Also, not starting LeVeon?  Not against creativity, but you're not putting your best players on the field and not putting them in positions to succeed.  Seoul in a minor upset.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

This is a close matchup, but there a couple glaring issues for me with Singapore.  Please do not play Aaron Donald as a 5T in a 34, he doesn't have the length to succeed there.    His best trait is his speed and agility to knife through the trash in the middle.  I'm sure he would be good, but not the dominant force he is as a 3T.  Also, not starting LeVeon?  Not against creativity, but you're not putting your best players on the field and not putting them in positions to succeed.  Seoul in a minor upset.

You mean the position he's played in now for two years where he's won the DPOY?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

He's a 3T, watch a game.

OK. Adams is the 5T regardless. Donald plays on the outside in an Odd Front. Whatever you want to call it. 

Sorry I'll go back to ignoring all the nit picking.

Edited by SirA1

13 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

He's a 3T, watch a game.

Edit:  I mean, you can't seriously believe he is a 5T in the Rams d.  Maybe I'm not understanding your usage of him.

Nope the 5T in the Rams 3-4 Defense that they have played since Wade Phillips arrived in 2017 is Michael Brockers.

Greg Gaines is the NT.

Donald - Gaines - Brockers

For my team its

Donald - Snacks - Adams

1 hour ago, pheltzbahr said:

Havent gotten there yet, but thats a legitimate concern, just like it was a legitimate concern here.  At least we can all agree Donald is a 3T not a 5T.

Wanna be clear what you're saying here.  Is this 3 and 5 tech talk because SirA1 rolled out a 34 defense this year with Aaron at DE?  

I mean I agree that Donald is better suited in a 43 defense but the team is now playing in a Wade 34 defense with Donald at DE.  

11 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Wanna be clear what you're saying here.  Is this 3 and 5 tech talk because SirA1 rolled out a 34 defense this year with Aaron at DE?  

I mean I agree that Donald is better suited in a 43 defense but the team is now playing in a Wade 34 defense with Donald at DE.  

I was under the impression you were planning to play him at 5T, and after SirA claimed he was DPOY at 5T I was even more confused.  But after he explained his role I am clear how you are using him as a 3T in Phillips 34 version.  FTR, he doesn't play DE in Phillips D, he's a 3T, he never lines up over tackle.  That D is closer to a 43 under than it is to a traditional 34.

1 hour ago, pheltzbahr said:

I was under the impression you were planning to play him at 5T, and after SirA claimed he was DPOY at 5T I was even more confused.  But after he explained his role I am clear how you are using him as a 3T in Phillips 34 version.  FTR, he doesn't play DE in Phillips D, he's a 3T, he never lines up over tackle.  That D is closer to a 43 under than it is to a traditional 34.

oh man I'm so confused...haha.

Does he not line up at DE?  Where is he at linebacker...seriously I'm lost.  I don't recall SirA1's game plan including a 3 or 5 tech, but just that he was one of the 3 defensive lineman.