The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

That Kyrie to the Celtics deal makes me feel better about our future. 

I like our main group much much more than the group in Boston. 

Boston was in position to line up a ridiculously long run with the Brooklyn this year and next year and it feels like they might have stalled that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

We stalled our future by adding a 25 year old All-Star PG? We still have the Lakers pick, or the Kings pick. We still have Kyrie, Smart, Hayward, Tatum, Brown, Yabusele, Rozier and future 1sts from the Lakers/Kings and Grizzlies. Our future is far from stalled lol.

You have two stars, and then a few good longterm starters and a bench guard. The future is definitely not as bright as it was two weeks ago. 

Oh so you know the career outlooks of Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum? Dope.

We still have the Lakers/Kings lottery pick and the Grizzlies pick that is likely going to be around 9-12 this year. The future is fine. Brown showed huge promise last season and Tatum has people excited, if those guys reach their ceilings we have an incredible core. Yabusele has a high ceiling as well and Rozier took a pretty decent step forward last year. Roll is acting like the Celtics are completely peaked right now lol

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Oh so you know the career outlooks of Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum? Dope.

We still have the Lakers/Kings lottery pick and the Grizzlies pick that is likely going to be around 9-12 this year. The future is fine. Brown showed huge promise last season and Tatum has people excited, if those guys reach their ceilings we have an incredible core. Yabusele has a high ceiling as well and Rozier took a pretty decent step forward last year. Roll is acting like the Celtics are completely peaked right now lol

More than you do, tbh.

Brown's realistic ceiling is an elite 3-and-D player....like Jae Crowder was last year. Yabusele could be a poor man's Draymond, or he could flame out. He's never faced this level of competition before. Rozier is a backup guard. That's it. But the Celtics haven't peaked, they're just not looking like a potential dynasty anymore. Just a team that could/should win a title in the next 8 or so years.

Jae Crowder was not an elite 3 and D guy lol. He's a good defender but Brown has the athleticism and potential to be a much better defender than Crowder ever was. Tatum has the potential to be an elite wing scorer, having a great guard off the bench is pretty important so I don't see how you're down playing Roziers potential. We still have potentially two lottery picks next season.

Nets pick doesn't make or break us from potentially becoming a dynasty. We upgraded and got much younger at PG and opened up minutes for Yabusele, Tatum and Brown. Also makes us a much more appealing destination for other stars. I know the 76ers are banking on the Celtics blowing this but that ain't happened yet.

7 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Jae Crowder was not an elite 3 and D guy lol. He's a good defender but Brown has the athleticism and potential to be a much better defender than Crowder ever was. Tatum has the potential to be an elite wing scorer, having a great guard off the bench is pretty important so I don't see how you're down playing Roziers potential. We still have potentially two lottery picks next season.

Nets pick doesn't make or break us from potentially becoming a dynasty. We upgraded and got much younger at PG and opened up minutes for Yabusele, Tatum and Brown. Also makes us a much more appealing destination for other stars. I know the 76ers are banking on the Celtics blowing this but that ain't happened yet.

With what money?

10 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Trade. Heard Kristaps ain't happy in New York. Jaylen, LA pick, Memphis pick and Rozier. Yabusele if they wanted him. Badda bing...badda BOOM.

My point was how does being an attractive landing spot to stars matter?

10 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

If people put Boston on there short list of teams they want to head to, it makes the cost to acquire cheaper. It also makes us a good landing spot for ring chasing vets. How doesn't it help? Literally no downside to being a team that other players want to join.

I'm saying it has almost no affect. Very few players have no-trade clauses that would make a shortlist even relevant.