Redskins vs Cowboys Gameday Thread - Week 2 (9/15/19)

MKnight82

2 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

We need a shut down cb more than line

Our line is holding up

There’s basically no such thing as a shutdown CB in the NFL anymore. There’s pass rushers and there’s schemes, and that’s pretty much all that “shuts down” NFL pass offenses at this point. 

Also, our OL is not holding up. We can’t run the ball at all, and Keenum is being pressured, flushed, hit, and hurried on most of his deep drops. Even if Trent comes back, they’re going to have to start thinking about a move to replace Moses (and bypass Christian). 

I hate the idea of spending more top picks on the OL, but that appears to be where they are unless they find themselves in range of a guy like Jeudy. 

• Like 8

Just now, e16bball said:

There’s basically no such thing as a shutdown CB in the NFL anymore. There’s pass rushers and there’s schemes, and that’s pretty much all that “shuts down” NFL pass offenses at this point. 

Also, our OL is not holding up. We can’t run the ball at all, and Keenum is being pressured, flushed, hit, and hurried on most of his deep drops. Even if Trent comes back, they’re going to have to start thinking about a move to replace Moses (and bypass Christian). 

I hate the idea of spending more top picks on the OL, but that appears to be where they are unless they find themselves in range of a guy like Jeudy. 

Ereck is our only good lineman. Actually crazy...but not really, he’s a stud 

3 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Shoulld have fired Jay and hired McVay. But McVay is smart to get the hell out of here. 

Coming off a Div winning 9-7 season w/ a home playoff game and a 8-7-1 winning season? No one would have fired the HC and hired a 32-year-old guy.

I'm sorry, that just wouldn't have happened in any organization. 

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

You have to figure we’ll be in range for Jeudy lol

Just now, turtle28 said:

Coming off a Div winning 9-7 season w/ a home playoff game and a 8-7-1 winning season? No one would have fired the HC and hired a 32-year-old guy.

I'm sorry, that just wouldn't have happened in any organization. 

The Chargers fired their coach after a 14-2 season. 

• Like 2