Redskins vs Cowboys Gameday Thread - Week 2 (9/15/19)

MKnight82

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s okay to say we suck bro. We all know. 

Naw…..not my style. What comes around would come around. I'm not in my teens. Been around the block a few times LOL.

I live in the DMV....south. So lots a friends that are skins fan I can hassle face to face. :D;):P

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We were ok bc we were committed to the run, we controlled the clock - kept our defense off the field - and we were wining the game 7-0.

Then we abandoned the run.

It wasn’t all great as I said but it wasn’t all bad either.

Stats don’t always tell the entire story.

For example, Keenum has thrown for 601 yards and 5 TDs at a 69 completion percentage and has zero turnovers the first two weeks of this season and those stats are amazing! But if you’d watch our passing offense outside of the first quarter and a half vs the Eagles and two garbage time TDs in each week, you’d know that Keenum’s stat line is deceiving.

Hes a stat padder

1 hour ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

what are you blind turtle?  The D couldn't stop anything last week and this week.  NOTHING.  

I didn’t deny that ever. I said that when we were trying to run the ball in the first quarter we controlled the clock and held the lead. Then, like vs the Eagles we went away from being balanced bc each team scored 1 TD to tie the game and then our D was out there too much and got tired.

Not committing to the run enough w/ Peterson attributed to the loss. 

Edited by turtle28

33 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

Hard to run the ball on 1st and 20......🙄

No it’s not, you have 3 downs and most teams think you’re just going to throw.

Come out W/ 3 WRs and look like you’re going to throw the ball and then run a draw on first or 2nd down.

Maybe 2nd down after going with a quick hitter or screen pass on first down to pick up 5 to 10 yards.

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Plus he should have about 3 picks by now. At some point the defense is going to stop dropping them. 

Irrelevant bc Keenum doesn’t have 3 ints.

That’s like me saying Keenum should have 6 TDs right now bc he should have hit McLaurin vs the Eagles for a 60-yard TD and if he had we probably win that game and Keenum the first two weeks is 69% for 660 yds, 6 TDs and Zero turnovers, but that’s not true so I can’t say that.

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’ll say this, the time to deal Trent is now. If you’re going to do it it has to happen soon. Even if you get a 2nd and 3rd, just do it. End this mess. 

They should have traded him to whichever team was going to give them a 1st. Not trading him for that was dumb.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Irrelevant bc Keenum doesn’t have 3 ints.

That’s like me saying Keenum should have 6 TDs right now bc he should have hit McLaurin vs the Eagles for a 60-yard TD and if he had we probably win that game and Keenum the first two weeks is 69% for 660 yds, 6 TDs and Zero turnovers, but that’s not true so I can’t say that.

It’s not irrelevant and I never said he’s played poorly. He threw a dead-on pick six today that was dropped. Threw a couple others that should’ve been picked. He got away with one big time against the Eagles. If you think these things are going to keep being dropped then you’re just being silly. The tide will turn at some point. That doesn’t mean he sucks.