Minkah Fitzpatrick

mwalker

10 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Should make fans feel a little better....through all the ups and downs the Steelers haven't landed a top 10 pick since 2000 (Plaxico Burress) and a top 5 pick since 1970 (Terry Bradshaw). 

Technically,  They landed a top 10 pick in the last draft with Bush.  They have not sucked enough to EARN a top 10 pick since 2000.

If Fitzpatrick can solve the communication issues with the secondary, I am loving this.  He can play Slot CB or FS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

Done! 

Round 2: Kenny Willekes Michigan State EDGE

Round 3: Marvin Wilson Florida State NT*

Round 4: Brycen Hopkins Purdue TE

Round 5: Solomon Kindley Georgia OG **

Round 6: Kalija Lipscomb Vanderbilt WR

Round 7: David Dowell Michigan State S

* Lev Bell Compensation

** Pick we received from the jags

I would love that first pick.

• Like 2

Just now, jebrick said:

Technically,  They landed a top 10 pick in the last draft with Bush.  They have not sucked enough to EARN a top 10 pick since 2000.

Eh, it's still landing there.  A trade up is different, so I don't consider that landing with a top 10 pick.

• Like 1

Just now, warfelg said:

Eh, it's still landing there.  A trade up is different, so I don't consider that landing with a top 10 pick.

If they draft a player in the top 10 whether by trade or pure suck-a-tude, it is still drafting a player in the top 10.  The talent is vastly different than drafting in the 20's.

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

If they draft a player in the top 10 whether by trade or pure suck-a-tude, it is still drafting a player in the top 10.  The talent is vastly different than drafting in the 20's.

Ok, so drafting a player in the top 10 is different to me from landing in the top ten.

Edited by warfelg

Just now, warfelg said:

Ok, so drafting a player in the top 10 is different to me from landing in the top ten.

I totally agree which is why i said "Technically ".  Same with the Pats.  They have not earned a top 10 pick since 2003 but have drafted in the top 10 due to a trade