2020 Draft thread

lavar703

13 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Correct.

But again, how many playoff games have we played in with Trent or another "top-5 LT" on our team in the last 20 years?

Does it need to be filled? Yes!

Does it need to be filled by passing up on Young? Nope.

It's not about playoffs it's about getting the best production out of the QB. You can't say Haskins sucks yet you gave him little recourses. Especially while Haskins and all these guys would be on Rookie deals. 

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm not taking Thomas at 5, I'm taking him at 18. Jeudy, Lamb, Simmons, or Okudah are who I want at 5. 

Okay. Then I expect no sacks allowed from Thomas at 18. He's allowed to give up exactly 2 hurries at 18.

For the WRs I expect 1300 yards and 9 TDs each at #5

For Simmons at #5, I expect the same number of sacks at #5 = 10

At #5, Okudah needs to give up less than 10 catches, have 6 INTs and one pick-six.

Again, I can play this game all day long too.

Look, I get that it's no fun when you're the only one arguing for one thing and the entire forum seems to disagree. Get used to it. That was me the first few years of me being here. I was repeatedly outvoted on many issues. But no sense getting upset about it that you put that line in the sand. Because it's great when it works out, but if we take Chase and he has 10 sacks then it's an albatross for you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It's not about playoffs it's about getting the best production out of the QB. You can't say Haskins sucks yet you gave him little recourses. Especially while Haskins and all these guys would be on Rookie deals. 

You've noticed that I'm not a "Haskins sucks" guy, right?

Also, I agree. We need to put resources behind him so he can succeed. It's one reason I'm so ticked about our FA this year. But that also doesn't mean you pass up on the BPA at #2. Drafting for need in the top 5 is a stupid draft philosophy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

True, but I worry not having a good solution for LT might mean you break QB too.

We will or should sign Kelvin Beachum after/if we move Trent. If we don't do that at worst I expect Penn to be re-signed. Beachum is good but not great, and Penn is serviceable, having him as the LT didn’t break Haskins last year so I don't expect it would happen this year either.

26 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm not taking Thomas at 5, I'm taking him at 18. Jeudy, Lamb, Simmons, or Okudah are who I want at 5. 

Very unlikely that Thomas is available at #18 but we can dream it I guess. It's also very unlikely we get #5 & 18 from the dolphins.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Okay. Then I expect no sacks allowed from Thomas at 18. He's allowed to give up exactly 2 hurries at 18.

For the WRs I expect 1300 yards and 9 TDs each at #5

For Simmons at #5, I expect the same number of sacks at #5 = 10

At #5, Okudah needs to give up less than 10 catches, have 6 INTs and one pick-six.

Again, I can play this game all day long too.

Look, I get that it's no fun when you're the only one arguing for one thing and the entire forum seems to disagree. Get used to it. That was me the first few years of me being here. I was repeatedly outvoted on many issues. But no sense getting upset about it that you put that line in the sand. Because it's great when it works out, but if we take Chase and he has 10 sacks then it's an albatross for you.

He's a Rookie so do I expect no sacks, No but I expect him to be more capable of reaching a Trent Williams level of success oppose to a 3rd round pick.

For your numbers all I would do is take a look at Players like a Trent Williams, Tyron Smith, Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones, ect to see if they as rookie matched that production your expecting from a Okudah, Simmons, Jeudy, or Lamb. Your numbers seem a little far fetched. Just like if I truly expected Young to breaks Kearse rookie record. 

Edited by Skins212689

36 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

You've noticed that I'm not a "Haskins sucks" guy, right?

Also, I agree. We need to put resources behind him so he can succeed. It's one reason I'm so ticked about our FA this year. But that also doesn't mean you pass up on the BPA at #2. Drafting for need in the top 5 is a stupid draft philosophy.

I agree to disagree based on the FACT we have sooo many wholes. Now if I can't get the compensation I want, I've always said I have no problem drafting Chase. 

Edited by Skins212689

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Very unlikely that Thomas is available at #18 but we can dream it I guess. It's also very unlikely we get #5 & 18 from the dolphins.

@turtle28 I'm asking before I start blocking your post PLEASE stop talking like you have NFL Inside information or just admitt that you work for the Redskins.

You don't know what Miami is willing to do unless you have inside information. Swaping pick 5 for 2 and giving up 18 for a Franchise QB is not unusual in the NFL. That's #Facts

Also if Young is sooo Great a team that might want him knowing Rivera might want more picks can give them a call. Another #Fact

I get it you want Chase Young by Any Means Necessary. I don't agree with that concept. Now we can ethier be Adults and Agree to Disagree and move on or you have a 2nd person who has blocked your post. 

On 4/1/2020 at 2:20 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

$17 million on DT’s for an avg is ridiculous. That’s wasted $. Corners & LBs are more valuable then most DTs. I guess guys like Aaron Donald & Fletcher Cox drive up that cost, but that seems high to me.

12 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

@turtle28 I'm asking before I start blocking your post PLEASE stop talking like you have NFL Inside information or just admitt that you work for the Redskins.

You don't know what Miami is willing to do unless you have inside information. Swaping pick 5 for 2 and giving up 18 for a Franchise QB is not unusual in the NFL. That's #Facts

Also if Young is sooo Great a team that might want him knowing Rivera might want more picks can give them a call. Another #Fact

I get it you want Chase Young by Any Means Necessary. I don't agree with that concept. Now we can ethier be Adults and Agree to Disagree and move on or you have a 2nd person who has blocked your post. 

I’m sorry if most of my posts come off as professional. They are just my opinion, we’ve had these discussions before and others like Lavar, Mike, Naptown and Thai have pointed out that of course our posts are our opinions. So that’s my opinion. You should take it as such.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m sorry if most of my posts come off as professional. They are just my opinion, we’ve had these discussions before and others like Lavar, Mike, Naptown and Thai have pointed out that of course our posts are our opinions. So that’s my opinion. You should take it as such.

Saying what a team will or won't do isn't a opinion though @turtle28. Also that's not professional if you don't work in the NFL as Inside News Reporter like a JP Finlay. 

Your writting might be professional, but what you say aren't #Facts. 

Edited by Skins212689

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Saying what a team will or won't do isn't a opinion though @turtle28. Also that's not professional if you don't work in the NFL as Inside News Reporter like a JB Finlay. 

Your writting be professional, but what you say aren't #Facts. 

If you can’t handle my opinion just block me, this is ridiculous! Now you’re arguing with me on what is or isn’t my opinion. Whatever man.

Everything I write here is my opinion unless it’s a stat or something that’s factual like when I’ve quoted or posted from an article or reporter and even then when that is quoted from them it’s often that reporters opinion.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

If you can’t handle my opinion just block me, this is ridiculous! Now you’re arguing with me on what is or isn’t my opinion. Whatever man.

Everything I write here is my opinion is less it’s a stat or something I’ve quoted or posted from an article or reporter and even then when that is quoted from them it’s often that reporters opinion.

Where are your articles or #FACTS saying what Miami is willing to give up if they are looking to move up in the 1st place? 

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Where are your articles or #FACTS saying what Miami is willing to give up if they are looking to move up in the 1st place? 

I already said that was an opinion of mine. And if you look at some mocks & articles you can find those writers opinions as well.