2020 Draft thread

lavar703

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I thought he was a Can't Miss Prospect. I shouldn't have wonder about things like this. 

I'm not following your negativity about Chase Young. You continuously harp that the only way you're trading out of #2 is for three first round picks (which we think is unlikely). Outside of that, you say you're staying and taking him. It's sounding to me like you'd probably settle for less when it came down to it. Like you want to be talked out of it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I thought he was a Can't Miss Prospect. I shouldn't have wonder about things like this. 

No prospect is ever can’t miss but prospects like Chase are as close as it comes. Come on man, you know what I meant with my last response. You never know what a player will do every year they play whether they are a draft pick, a free agent signing or staying on the same team from year to year. You have to play the games to find out.

32 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not following your negativity about Chase Young. You continuously harp that the only way you're trading out of #2 is for three first round picks (which we think is unlikely). Outside of that, you say you're staying and taking him. It's sounding to me like you'd probably settle for less when it came down to it. Like you want to be talked out of it. 

It's not negativity. It's just I believe he is over hyped. So for all those who said and are saying you can't pass on Chase Young, he better live up to those expectations.

You can't say he's a CAN'T PASS UP PLAYER than give excuses to why he can't get sacks against Top Level Tackles in the league. Those are #FACTS not a opinion. If drafted he will go against Tyron Smith twice a year. Can't Miss Player's are gonna dominate that matchup. 

How can anyone say Chase is better than Sweat but Smith holds them both to 0 sacks in a matchup? You can't in my opinion.

It's onething to Want a guy it's another to say YOU CAN'T PASS ON HIM. Young could end up to be a Clowney, yet no one seems to want to accept that Reality. 

Edited by Skins212689

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

PSU used a backup. Indiana used a backup guard at tackle. NW used a backup. FIU is a FCS school.

Chase racked up a majority of his sacks facing backups and a FCS tackle.

Very little of that is true. 

Indiana had senior Cronk at LT, who has started every game there since he was a freshman, and Jones at RT, where he started every game this season. 

Penn State had their regular starters out there, the fab frosh Walker at LT and 3-year starter Fries at RT.

Northwestern had Slater, a 3-year starter and one of the best returning OL in college football per an article I read recently, at LT and Vogel at RT. That was their projected starting lineup since their first two-deep. 

Ohio State didn’t play FIU. They played FAU, which was the 11-3, bowl-winning, CUSA champion that got Lane Kiffin his ticket back to your promised land. They also played Cincinnati, which ended the season as AAC runner-up with 11 wins, the #21 ranking, and a bowl victory. Their weakest out of conference opponent by far was Miami (OH), which still was the MAC champion and went to a bowl game. 

Young also didn’t get to play against the two worst B1G teams, Maryland and Rutgers, which one would assume would have been good for at least 2.0 sacks apiece, unless they’d done the smart thing and just run it on every down.

I'm not saying all those guys they played against at OT were good — Young totally overmatched all of them but Walker — but we might as well stick to the facts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Indiana had senior Cronk at LT, who has started every game there since he was a freshman, and Jones at RT, where he started every game this season. 

Penn State had their regular starters out there, the fab frosh Walker at LT and 3-year starter Fries at RT.

Northwestern had Slater, a 3-year starter and one of the best returning OL in college football per an article I read recently, at LT and Vogel at RT. That was their projected starting lineup since their first two-deep. 

Ohio State didn’t play FIU. They played FAU, which was the 11-3, bowl-winning, CUSA champion that got Lane Kiffin his ticket back to your promised land. They also played Cincinnati, which ended the season as AAC runner-up with 11 wins, the #21 ranking, and a bowl victory. Their weakest out of conference opponent by far was Miami (OH), which still was the MAC champion and went to a bowl game. 

Young also didn’t get to play against the two worst B1G teams, Maryland and Rutgers, which one would assume would have been good for at least 2.0 sacks apiece, unless they’d done the smart thing and just run it on every down.

I'm not saying all those guys they played against at OT were good — Young totally overmatched all of them but Walker — but we might as well stick to the facts.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2957032016d98d56612f

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No prospect is ever can’t miss but prospects like Chase are as close as it comes. Come on man, you know what I meant with my last response. You never know what a player will do every year they play whether they are a draft pick, a free agent signing or staying on the same team from year to year. You have to play the games to find out.

Than stop with the BS calling him a Can't Pass Up Player. The way you guy's are talking about him mixed with the Reality of the situation are 2 different things. Yes he's the Best Prospect in the draft but it's no GUARANTEE he will Dominate in the NFL like in college. 

So all those against the idea of trading out of #2 for more picks this is the reason why Rivera might just do that. I've never been against drafting Young the way Most are against trading out of #2 spot. I look at both sides. For this TEAM I think it's best to trade the pick so we fill more wholes. I've said multiple times the deals I would accept and wouldn't. We don't know what Teams will offer. 

So, just for the fun of it and for comparisons sake I wanted to review Gregory Rousseau’s production and who he got most of his production against and who he didn’t.

For one, Miami didn’t play Clemson last year, so outside of facing Becton at Louisville he didn’t have that great of competition all year.

Softies that Rousseau faced last year:

Central Michigan, Bethune-Cookman and Florida International. Here are his stats in those games:

Central Mich: 1 sack, 1 TFL

Bethune-Cookman: 1 tackle, 0 TFL, 0 sacks 

Florida International: 0 sacks, 0 TFL

Rousseau had just 1 tackle, 0 sacks, 0 TFL and 1 PD vs Becton.

Also, Rousseau had 9 of his 15 sacks in 13 games in just 3 games vs FSU, PITT & Duke. 

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Than stop with the BS calling him a Can't Pass Up Player. The way you guy's are talking about him mixed with the Reality of the situation are 2 different things. Yes he's the Best Prospect in the draft but it's no GUARANTEE he will Dominate in the NFL like in college. 

So all those against the idea of trading out of #2 for more picks this is the reason why Rivera might just do that. I've never been against drafting Young the way Most are against trading out of #2 spot. I look at both sides. For this TEAM I think it's best to trade the pick so we fill more wholes. I've said multiple times the deals I would accept and wouldn't. We don't know what Teams will offer. 

I can say whatever I want w/in the rules of the forum. You don’t have to agree but my opinion is that Chase Young is a can’t pass up player!

Also, correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t you post a few days ago that if we traded down and passed on Chase Young that you were scared that he’d end up with the Giants?

I mean you can’t have it both ways Dude.

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Just asking a question. Where any of those Sacks against guys who look to be Quality starters in the NFL? If not that's like Sweat breaking out against Dallas with no Tyron Smith. 

Why don’t you look that up yourself if you’re worried about it. I don’t think anyone should have to answer a question for you that you have. And, if you look at E’s post a few above this you’d get some answers to that.

I will say that Chase had 4 sacks against Wisconsin and at least one of their OTs will be a quality starter in the NFL.

25 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I had mixed Indiana up with another team. And for NW and PSU. I took that strait from an article. I didnt fact check the article. But being a published one for a major paper, took it for its word.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I can say whatever I want w/in the rules of the forum. You don’t have to agree but my opinion is that Chase Young is a can’t pass up player!

Also, correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t you post a few days ago that if we traded down and passed on Chase Young that you were scared that he’d end up with the Giants?

I mean you can’t have it both ways Dude.

You can say whatever you want and so Can I. I come with #Facts and #Reality not fantasies. The difference between us 2. It's not a #Fact Chase Young is a CAN'T MISS PLAYER and that's just the #Reality of thing's. 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why don’t you look that up yourself if you’re worried about it. I don’t think anyone should have to answer a question for you that you have. And, if you look at E’s post a few above this you’d get some answers to that.

I will say that Chase had 4 sacks against Wisconsin and at least one of their OTs will be a quality starter in the NFL.

So you have no #Facts to your argument ok @turtle28 End of the discussion.