2020 Draft thread

lavar703

Just now, turtle28 said:

Chase fanboys? You saying you don’t like him as a player? 

I mean come on dude. He’s an awesome prospect. Everyone knows that.

The best use for a great player like Chase. Is to help us fill the roster with talent.

Like I said. You want a DE so bad. We can go after Rousseau next year and still have a bonus pick this year.

You said yourself you dont see us doing a whole lot of winning this coming year. So when we do start winning. We still have a "cant miss" DE while other needs have been filled.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

The best use for a great player like Chase. Is to help us fill the roster with talent.

Like I said. You want a DE so bad. We can go after Rousseau next year and still have a bonus pick this year.

You said yourself you dont see us doing a whole lot of winning this coming year. So when we do start winning. We still have a "cant miss" DE while other needs have been filled.

I guess we’ll find out. I guess you would have passed on Nick Bosa last year too, we see what that did for the 49ers right?

Just now, turtle28 said:

I guess we’ll find out. I guess you would have passed on Nick Bosa last year too, we see what that did for the 49ers right?

49ers were only a couple pieces away. While we have the last placed ranked offense, worst ranked DB core and LBs that didnt amount to a whole lot.

Only team that avg 14ppg. SF avg 21 in 2018. SF defense ranked 22nd in 2018, but was loaded with youth and brought in key guys like Richard Sherman to help.

All we have is a young defensive line that ranked 10th and nothing else. JJ Watt was on a team that got like 2 wins. A lot of good it did them having an All Time Great when he wasnt surrounded by anything else.

• Like 1

A few of my Bro’s got together for a Haopy Hour this evening- before anyone calls the coronacops on us- Diamond put some Skippy app on my phone where we could all see each other and shoot the breeze- it wasn’t bad, bedn missing the trash talk and socializing- and didn’t have to smell Larry’s usual toxic emissions that are as routine as a 30minute clock. After all the talk about sex aids some of the guys (got delivered from amazon), are enjoying  to get them through the crises of not pulling the usual nightclub waitresses and over 21 patrons wanting to explore their daddy issues- etc.. a brother raised a remote but interesting possibility. Trade the number 2 to Miami and the licks are Burrow, Tua, Okudah, Wirfs, and then we select Chase. Said we’d have to have real brass to make it happen and see if it unfolded this way and not panic. But what a happy thought! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

A few of my Bro’s got together for a Haopy Hour this evening- before anyone calls the coronacops on us- Diamond put some Skippy app on my phone where we could all see each other and shoot the breeze- it wasn’t bad, bedn missing the trash talk and socializing- and didn’t have to smell Larry’s usual toxic emissions that are as routine as a 30minute clock. After all the talk about sex aids some of the guys (got delivered from amazon), are enjoying  to get them through the crises of not pulling the usual nightclub waitresses and over 21 patrons wanting to explore their daddy issues- etc.. a brother raised a remote but interesting possibility. Trade the number 2 to Miami and the licks are Burrow, Tua, Okudah, Wirfs, and then we select Chase. Said we’d have to have real brass to make it happen and see if it unfolded this way and not panic. But what a happy thought! 

Everyone has to have a dream right!!! I’m equally okay with Chase as I am a RG haul and Simmons. Even Okudah. But if offered the trade idk if I could accept it not knowing I’m gonna get the one of those two I want the most

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

49ers were only a couple pieces away. While we have the last placed ranked offense, worst ranked DB core and LBs that didnt amount to a whole lot.

Only team that avg 14ppg. SF avg 21 in 2018. SF defense ranked 22nd in 2018, but was loaded with youth and brought in key guys like Richard Sherman to help.

All we have is a young defensive line that ranked 10th and nothing else. JJ Watt was on a team that got like 2 wins. A lot of good it did them having an All Time Great when he wasnt surrounded by anything else.

Yeah, but JJ Watt ended up transforming that defense.  When you are bad enough to get a top 2 pick, you need to take the talented game-changing talent.  Literally, no one on our roster you can classify as game-changing, even the very good defensive line we have.  If you want to use that group to trade from to acquire more picks and fill other needs, I completely understand that, but I don't think we can pass on the super-talent.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, but JJ Watt ended up transforming that defense.  When you are bad enough to get a top 2 pick, you need to take the talented game-changing talent.  Literally, no one on our roster you can classify as game-changing, even the very good defensive line we have.  If you want to use that group to trade from to acquire more picks and fill other needs, I completely understand that, but I don't think we can pass on the super-talent.  

Who was the Texans Game Changer before they picked Watt? Who wasn't a top 5 or 10 pick. Meaning while EVERYTHING wasn't right EVERYTHING wasn't wrong ethier. That team was obviously better than us seeing we are picking #2 while the Texans picked Watt at #11. 

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

By the time they acquired enough talent to do some real winning. JJ had started the downturn in his career.

Spent 4 high picks the last 3 years on the DL. Everything else has been ignored. It would be nice to afford Chase. But its setting this team back if 6-1st round and a 2nd worth of draft picks gets tossed at the DL while all else is ignored.

If we hadnt already invested so heavily in that line, and the DL didnt already rank 10th. Id be for the pick a whole lot more.

28 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

By the time they acquired enough talent to do some real winning. JJ had started the downturn in his career.

Spent 4 high picks the last 3 years on the DL. Everything else has been ignored. It would be nice to afford Chase. But its setting this team back if 6-1st round and a 2nd worth of draft picks gets tossed at the DL while all else is ignored.

If we hadnt already invested so heavily in that line, and the DL didnt already rank 10th. Id be for the pick a whole lot more.

How is it setting the team back? What player on our current front 7 would you rather have over Chase Young? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

How is it setting the team back? What player on our current front 7 would you rather have over Chase Young? 

Are you really this High Strong Chase that you can't see nothing else other than him? Like really we have other wholes that could be filled point blank and simple. Nobody has said Chase isn't the Best Player or Best DE in the draft yet with our Current Roster We need more than just that to START WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES. 

Trading all the picks we did to move up for RG3 was a bad thing but now being on the opposite side would be a bad thing as well. SmH!!! The trade didn't work for the Rams BECAUSE They didn't use the picks correctly. Didn't work well for us due to Griffins ability to stay healthy and maybe his inability to truly read defenses. 

Young once again only adds to our Strengths he doesn't bring more Wins! Unlike drafting Jeudy, Thomas, and a Murray. 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Are you really this High Strong Chase that you can't see nothing else other than him? Like really we have other wholes that could be filled point blank and simple. Nobody has said Chase isn't the Best Player or Best DE in the draft yet with our Current Roster We need more than just that to START WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES. 

Trading all the picks we did to move up for RG3 was a bad thing but now being on the opposite side would be a bad thing as well. SmH!!! The trade didn't work for the Rams BECAUSE They didn't use the picks correctly. Didn't work well for us due to Griffins ability to stay healthy and maybe his inability to truly read defenses. 

Young once again only adds to our Strengths he doesn't bring more Wins! Unlike drafting Jeudy, Thomas, and a Murray. 

Not only did the Rams not use the picks correctly but most of the time the team trading down doesn’t end up any better off than the team trading up. The best example given was the Quenton Nelson trade and the Colts pretty much ended up with a good guard and a bunch of filler, non-difference makers. So yes, I’d like to sit at two and take the best player on the board which would almost certainly make him the most talented player on the team immediately. 

And how did we come to this conclusion he only adds to our strengths? Kerrigan is going on 32 and just had an injury plagued season and will need a new contract after this season. Do you want to pay him $10-12M a year when he’s 33? Or are we relying on Ryan Anderson and Nate Orchard? As it stands, this team currently has one pass rusher that may become feared by opponents and that’s Sweat. Allen, Payne and Ioannidis are not 4-3 edge rushers. It’s not a strength. 

We’re 3-13. We aren’t gearing up for a super bowl run so we have the luxury of simply taking the best player available. This build is going to take at least 2-3 years regardless of what Rivera thinks. You need players like Chase Young on your team if you ever want to compete for titles.

The last time this team even looked like they could make a run was when they had Sean Taylor. He was a blue chipper. We need another real deal player with all-pro level talent. You can’t just fill your roster with a bunch of “good” players and think that’s going to get you to where you want to be but I can tell you what a team full of good players will do. Keep you just good enough not to have a shot at a player like Chase Young. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not only did the Rams not use the picks correctly but most of the time the team trading down doesn’t end up any better off than the team trading up. The best example given was the Quenton Nelson trade and the Colts pretty much ended up with a good guard and a bunch of filler, non-difference makers. So yes, I’d like to sit at two and take the best player on the board which would almost certainly make him the most talented player on the team immediately. 

And how did we come to this conclusion he only adds to our strengths? Kerrigan is going on 32 and just had an injury plagued season and will need a new contract after this season. Do you want to pay him $10-12M a year when he’s 33? Or are we relying on Ryan Anderson and Nate Orchard? As it stands, this team currently has one pass rusher that may become feared by opponents and that’s Sweat. Allen, Payne and Ioannidis are not 4-3 edge rushers. It’s not a strength. 

We’re 3-13. We aren’t gearing up for a super bowl run so we have the luxury of simply taking the best player available. This build is going to take at least 2-3 years regardless of what Rivera thinks. You need players like Chase Young on your team if you ever want to compete for titles.

The last time this team even looked like they could make a run was when they had Sean Taylor. He was a blue chipper. We need another real deal player with all-pro level talent. You can’t just fill your roster with a bunch of “good” players and think that’s going to get you to where you want to be but I can tell you what a team full of good players will do. Keep you just good enough not to have a shot at a player like Chase Young. 

While you willing to bet on 1 guy Chase Young being the only HOF or Pro Bowl prospect I know there are others. You can draft Chase and only Chase, but I'm drafting Jeudy or Lamb, Thomas, and other's if the opportunity presents itself. 

Edited by Skins212689

10 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You could have made a lot of money thinking like that last year. Vegas had them at 8 wins max (I believe I bet the under on 7.5). Most pundits had them at that many or under finishing 3rd in the West. 

21 PPG was still good for 21st in the NFL... it's a scoring league now after all. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

While you willing to bet on 1 guy Chase Young being then only HOF or Pro Bowl prospect I know there are others. You can draft Chase and only Chase, but I'm drafting Jeudy or Lamb, Thomas, and other's if the opportunity presents itself. 

But you aren’t though. Miami is not giving up three first round picks and I highly doubt 18 will be made available. So say you end up with 5 and 26. In that scenario you have to take Andrew Thomas at 5 because he’s not going to be available at 26. Simmons and Young will be gone so if you take Okudah at 5 who are you taking at 26 at positions of need that aren’t going to be a reach? All the top OT will be gone and most likely Ruggs, Jeudy and Lamb are all gone. 

And yes, I understand you’ve said you’ll only do the trade for Miami’s three firsts but that has always been a pipe dream. There is simply no way Miami with all their holes are making that trade. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

But you aren’t though. Miami is not giving up three first round picks and I highly doubt 18 will be made available. So say you end up with 5 and 26. In that scenario you have to take Andrew Thomas at 5 because he’s not going to be available at 26. Simmons and Young will be gone so if you take Okudah at 5 who are you taking at 26 at positions of need that aren’t going to be a reach? All the top OT will be gone and most likely Ruggs, Jeudy and Lamb are all gone. 

And yes, I understand you’ve said you’ll only do the trade for Miami’s three firsts but that has always been a pipe dream. There is simply no way Miami with all their holes are making that trade. 

I'm not accepting a dumb deal. If Miami isn't offering all 3 2020 1st round picks or 5, 18, 2020 2nd and 2021 1st round pick I stay put and draft Chase Young at 2. It's that simple. I nor you know what Miami is willing to offer. Show me #Facts to back your statement please. 

Edited by Skins212689