2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Not quite pro-days or private workouts, but a lot can be gleaned about a player from scheduling and executing meetings like these.  

I don’t know why the player couldn’t do a video of a private work out and send it to teams or vice versa the teams ask the player to do one that they set up.

Not a pro day clearly, but it’s like a real private work out only it’s not in Person.

• Like 1

I think if the Redskins trade down Chase Young is going to be a Giant. The Lions dealt away Slay and basically have crap for corners so I bet they take Okudah. I can’t imagine how dumb we’d look handing Young to a division rival... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think if the Redskins trade down Chase Young is going to be a Giant. The Lions dealt away Slay and basically have crap for corners so I bet they take Okudah. I can’t imagine how dumb we’d look handing Young to a division rival... 

I think it would be hard for them to not take Young having Patricia as a HC but I could also see them trading down as well if a team like the chargers wants Herbert. Which would basically be giving Young to the Giants.......

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is the thing that worries me the most. I don't want Young to end up a Giant by any means. 

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll wait for someone other than JLC to report it. 

My favorite was the year the NFL network had him on during the draft and he must’ve got every single pick wrong lol. I think it was the Trent Williams draft. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

My favorite was the year the NFL network had him on during the draft and he must’ve got every single pick wrong lol. I think it was the Trent Williams draft. 

A really good one was when he called Anthony Lynn a lock to be the HC of the Bills (remove the interim tag) and they signed McDermott like hours later. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He did get the Williams pick right though!!

JLC was one of the first last year to say we were going after Haskins, so who knows.

It's not like he's saying much here anyway though.  We all knew we'd be willing to move down if a team met our price.  The relevant questions are still, "what is our price?" and "will a team be willing to meet it?"

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Smokescreen. Trying to see who wants the pick and how much they will pay to get it.

I mean, even if I was all in on a player (which I am with Chase), if someone trots out 4 x first rounders? I might be trading that pick. So this is one way to gauge interest and the value to other teams for this pick.