2020 Draft thread

lavar703

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Tua is going to post a workout video and blow people away . Then it comes down to the offer we get on draft day . Right now it's 50 / 50 . I'm fine with either --if we get value.

It had better be the RG3 trade value though if I'm passing him up

14 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I agree Logan Ryan is a RR type player. He played for Belichick for 4 seasons and RR is similar to BB in certain ways. 

I don't see Logan Ryan going to play for an almost assured loser. He’d go back to NE, Tenn or Tampa or really just about anywhere for less IMO.

16 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

But a serious question I have and I want everyones opinion. I know the vast majority of us want Chase Young but outside of what you would do, I want your opinion on what you really think Washington is gonna do with that #2 pick

is it Chase or Trade

remember this question is not what YOU would do but what you think the team is going to do after  what we have seen since FA and the offseason has began

I think they’ll draft Chase. Rivera has been a part of teams who take the best player, Del Rio was on teams that drafted Von Miller &Khalil Mack.  I'll be totally shocked if Chase isn't the pick.

I've always thought it's made sense for this team to get he best talent available in the draft to build with and around for it's future. To me it's not about adding a few ”good starters, ” it's about adding a true game changer that the team has lacked since RG3’s 2012 season and consistently since Sean Taylor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Tua’s problem is when he gets hit. We all know he can play if he's healthy. I wouldn't for one second trade down, the player you are passing on is too great of a prospect.

And why is this even still a topic? We've been talking about this since January. Most people don’t want to pass on Chase Young, yet the few that do want to trade down and pass on Chase Young keep pushing these Tua scenarios down our throats.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Tua’s problem is when he gets hit. We all know he can play if he's healthy. I wouldn't for one second trade down, the player you are passing on is too great of a prospect.

And why is this even still a topic? We've been talking about this since January. Most people don’t want to pass on Chase Young, yet the few that do want to trade down and pass on Chase Young keep pushing these Tua scenarios down our throats.

uuuuhhh, because it's a real chance they do it ? ( Trade Down ) I'm not advocating it. I don't care which way we go . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

uuuuhhh, because it's a real chance they do it ? ( Trade Down ) I'm not advocating it. I don't care which way we go . 

Really? You bring it up about every week but you’re not advocating for it? Huh?

I think it’s a long shot they trade the pick. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Really? You bring it up about every week but you’re not advocating for it? Huh?

I think it’s a long shot they trade the pick. 

Well then- I get to say "I told you so" when they do it ! AND I just responded to the question the poster asked as to what we thought they'd do with the pick . I didn't bring it up . AND this Forum is a place for Redskin fans to express opinions . Last I looked you ain't no MOD . Go ahead and respond.. I'm done . I'll give you the last shot rather than argue for 3 days . 

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Well then- I get to say "I told you so" when they do it ! AND I just responded to the question the poster asked as to what we thought they'd do with the pick . I didn't bring it up . AND this Forum is a place for Redskin fans to express opinions . Last I looked you ain't no MOD . Go ahead and respond.. I'm done . I'll give you the last shot rather than argue for 3 days . 

Fair point. The topic has just gotten beyond old. It’s literally almost all we talk about anymore in regards to the draft. Carry on if you want, just expressing “my opinion” as well, as I’m allowed to. ;) 

On 3/25/2020 at 5:23 PM, turtle28 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295c247ba1a935ce0d15

Chase is the pick!!! He’s a baller!!! Watching him in HS it was clear he was a different cat!!! This guy has evolved his game and he’s a freak. The best talent we will have drafted since Sean

• Like 2

As a defensive coach, as well as with Del Rio present, I have to believe Rivera takes Chase Young here as his first building block.  I know a lot of people are thinking it could be Tu'a based on what the Cardinals did last year, but that's a really poor comparison.  Kingsbury has his own offensive system and Murray was by far and away the better fit.  I'd argue they hired him for his offensive system, just like it appears we hired Rivera to bring in a new culture.  

I also think taking Chase Young is a bet on Haskins.  If Haskins continues to improve, we are likely a 5-6 win team with the talent level currently here, as well as transitioning to a new defense which never leads to wholesale improvement in the first year.  If Haskins does regress, then we are the team in the driver's seat for Trevor Lawrence.  At least that is how I see it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As a defensive coach, as well as with Del Rio present, I have to believe Rivera takes Chase Young here as his first building block.  I know a lot of people are thinking it could be Tu'a based on what the Cardinals did last year, but that's a really poor comparison.  Kingsbury has his own offensive system and Murray was by far and away the better fit.  I'd argue they hired him for his offensive system, just like it appears we hired Rivera to bring in a new culture.  

I also think taking Chase Young is a bet on Haskins.  If Haskins continues to improve, we are likely a 5-6 win team with the talent level currently here, as well as transitioning to a new defense which never leads to wholesale improvement in the first year.  If Haskins does regress, then we are the team in the driver's seat for Trevor Lawrence.  At least that is how I see it. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2925bb5a6bb62c3a8f74

According to the NFL, teams may contact an unlimited number of incoming rookies up to three teams per week, for up to one hour at a time. The communications may be in the form of phone calls or videoconferences, and the only requirement is that the not conflict with a player’s school work.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/29/teams-can-have-plenty-of-pre-draft-communication-with-prospects/

Not quite pro-days or private workouts, but a lot can be gleaned about a player from scheduling and executing meetings like these.  

• Like 1