2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

The difference between a turd sandwich on wheat and a turd sandwich on rye is closer than you're letting on @turtle28. Saying it's not close is funny. 

20 more wins & 2 playoff appearances (w/in 4 years & 2 NFC East Championships) over a decade is nothing to sneeze at. The Redskins also weren't 0-16 & 1-15 in back to back seasons.

I get the Redskins weren’t good but for 2 years last decade, weren’t great ever and were mediocre for 3 years and awful for 5 of those 10 years but the Browns were only mediocre under Pettine & Greg Williams = 3 years. They were awful for 7 of the last 10 years.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

20 more wins & 2 playoff appearances (w/in 4 years & 2 NFC East Championships) over a decade is nothing to sneeze at. The Redskins also weren't 0-16 & 1-15 in back to back seasons.

I get the Redskins weren’t good but for 2 years last decade, weren’t great ever and were mediocre for 3 years and awful for 5 of those 10 years but the Browns were only mediocre under Pettine & Greg Williams = 3 years. They were awful for 7 of the last 10 years.

Okay so a turd sandwich vs a turd sandwich with extra turd. However you want to look at it. Maybe I am missing the point of this pointless argument (heyo), but the cheerleader scandal outweighs any wins and losses. 

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Okay so a turd sandwich vs a turd sandwich with extra turd. However you want to look at it. Maybe I am missing the point of this pointless argument (heyo), but the cheerleader scandal outweighs any wins and losses. 

Well, the point is obvious! You're not willing to admit that while the Redskins haven't been good, they haven't been the worst. In fact, I’d argue the Bears have been worse than the Redskins this past decade too, the Cardinals and Dolphins.

To me it seems you are deliberately doing that on purpose bc you're not admitting the obvious. 

Edited by turtle28

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well, the point is obvious! You're not willing to admit that while the Redskins haven't been good, they haven't been the worst. In fact, I’d argue the Bears have been worse than the Redskins this past decade too, the Cardinals and Dolphins.

To me it seems you are deliberately doing that on purpose bc you're not admitting the obvious. 

So your point is that Haslam is the worst because he has a worse record than Snyder?

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I mean, we could throw in that he forced Pettine & Company to draft Manziel when they didn’t want to.

And we can throw in a 100 things for Snyder. I'm trying to understand because you told me I'm not seeing the point.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

And we can throw in a 100 things for Snyder. I'm trying to understand because you told me I'm not seeing the point.

Because you’re blatantly ignoring it. It’s fine, but if someone can’t see that while the Redskins have been obviously run poorly the last 20 years that the Browns have obviously been a lot worse, I can’t help that.

Here’s how I see it: “We’ve sucked, but at least we’re not the Browns bc they’ve sucked harder!” Haha 🤣 

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because you’re blatantly ignoring it. It’s fine, but if someone can’t see that while the Redskins have been obviously run poorly the last 20 years that the Browns have obviously been a lot worse, I can’t help that.

Here’s how I see it: “We’ve sucked, but at least we’re not the Browns bc they’ve sucked harder!” Haha 🤣 

I keep asking you what the criteria is, and you're telling me I'm ignoring it. I even asked you is this just off record, and you callously throw out another Haslam example of something. I don't even know what I am "blatantly ignoring." So yeah, I'm the problem.

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Exactly.  Haslam doesn't have the record that Snyder does as it relates to off-field stuff like the cheerleader debacle, handing the firings of McCloughan and Lafemina, etc.  Both are giant turds and at the bottom of the league as far as owners go though, just in different ways. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Exactly.  Haslam doesn't have the record that Snyder does as it relates to off-field stuff like the cheerleader debacle, handing the firings of McCloughan and Lafemina, etc.  Both are giant turds and at the bottom of the league as far as owners go though, just in different ways. 

Yet, Haslam hires and fires a new coaching staff and front office every few years.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

And guess who is #1 on the list from that website? 

Image result for Dan Snyder gif

Yeah, the title was deceiving. I still think Haslam is worse if you're just focussing on football but I think the article ignores how much Snyder & especially his wife do in the community. 

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And guess who is #1 on the list from that website? 

Image result for Dan Snyder gif

That’s fine but Haslam is still worse and should probably be in jail. Considering the serious legal trouble his family was involved in, the fact he still owns the team is kinda embarrassing. He should’ve been forced to sell.