2020 Draft thread

lavar703

8 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

To low for me. We could get a LT and edge is upgraded but if I don’t draft Chase I almost have to get Simmons or Okudah

I need Young, Simmons, Okudah, Jeudy, Lamb, the best LT if I'm the Skins. Haven't seen this Jags player play, but he obviously has proven to be a factor in the league If I was sure I could still get that Pass Rush/Guaranteed Sacks plus a Jeudy or Lamb and a replacement for William's I'm good with that deal. 

Ngakoue, Jeudy, Thomas >>>>>>> Chase Young. 

Edited by Skins212689

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

Just read a Bleacher Report article that suggested the following:

Washington Redskins Receive: Nos. 9 and 20 picks, DE Yannick Ngakoue

Jacksonville Jaguars Receive: No. 2 pick, fourth-rounder (No. 98)

I would do this one, I think. 

We could walk away with Yannick Ngakoue, Andrew Thomas, and Kenneth Murray for Chase Young. That’s a haul. Getting Thomas (or Becton or Wills or whomever) would put us in position to trade Trent, which would offset much of the cost increase caused by a long-term deal to Ngakoue. Move Trent for a late 2nd, get a potential starting WR with that pick, and then look at TE or FS with our natural 3rd — that would be quite a draft. 

Can’t see the Jags paying that sort of price unless they’re absolutely in love with Tua, but I’d have to say yes if the offer was made. Thoughts?

Pretty certain JAX is satisfied with Minshew, he arguably outplayed all of the rookie QBs last year.  They have a ton of holes to fill and are rebuilding again — I just don’t see this as a possibility.

Also important to remember Ngakoue  isn’t signing unless he becomes the highest paid pass rusher in the league 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

We got a 4th round comp pick this year. It's the 4th of 8 comp picks in the 4th round.

1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7 I think is our draft order.

I don’t believe we have a 6th rd Pick! I believe we have up the 6th rd Pick when we got Keemun and received the 7th rd Pick. 

Keenum + 7th rd Pick for our 6th rd Pick. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

So if we just go hypothetically say we get 2 3rds for Trent. What would y’all like to see done with those picks? Try to get into the 2nd or keep them get future picks moving back what would your ideal situation be if that’s what we got. And who would your targets be with the picks?

24 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

So if we just go hypothetically say we get 2 3rds for Trent. What would y’all like to see done with those picks? Try to get into the 2nd or keep them get future picks moving back what would your ideal situation be if that’s what we got. And who would your targets be with the picks?

I’d like to use them. There will be some good receivers, tackles and TEs available in the third and you can get one of each and then have two picks in the fourth to take some talent that’s falling similar to Bryce Love. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’d like to use them. There will be some good receivers, tackles and TEs available in the third and you can get one of each and then have two picks in the fourth to take some talent that’s falling similar to Bryce Love. 

I agree and use the 2-3rd rd picks on WR, TE, G. I don’t think there will be any Tackles worth taking. 6 or 7 will go in the 1st rd and I think there’s a big drop off. Maybe you get very lucky and get one. 

On 3/10/2020 at 8:42 PM, Skins212689 said:

I need Young, Simmons, Okudah, Jeudy, Lamb, the best LT if I'm the Skins. Haven't seen this Jags player play, but he obviously has proven to be a factor in the league If I was sure I could still get that Pass Rush/Guaranteed Sacks plus a Jeudy or Lamb and a replacement for William's I'm good with that deal. 

Ngakoue, Jeudy, Thomas >>>>>>> Chase Young. 

How will you be sure? There's never a sure thing.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I agree and use the 2-3rd rd picks on WR, TE, G. I don’t think there will be any Tackles worth taking. 6 or 7 will go in the 1st rd and I think there’s a big drop off. Maybe you get very lucky and get one. 

Very unlikely you get a 3rd to turn out to be a good starter immediately or a star like Terry. Terry was overlooked like Michael Thomas at Ohio State bc they have so much talent and not enough balls to go around.

I hope any player we take in the mid rounds we can develop into a starter, but most will need to be developed and we should realize that.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Keep them and use them. I'd love to have three 3rds in the draft. That's great for depth and hopefully we'd be able to develop them into starters eventually.

https://riggosrag.com/2020/03/11/dan-snyder-infatuated-with-chase-young-per-the-latest-rumors/

According to Kalyn Kahler of Sports Illustrated, a source told her that Snyder wouldn’t want the team to take Tagovailoa and that he loves Chase Young.

“I don’t think [Washington owner] Dan [Snyder] would want that,” says a source familiar with the organization’s thinking. “He wants to give Haskins the opportunity and I think Dan is infatuated with [Ohio State defensive end] Chase Young.”

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Can we just make Dan the GM already

It’s the right thing for the team, I’m glad he’s smart enough to realize that. If we start winning more over the next few years bc Dan listened to Gibbs and hired Rivera and promoted Kyle Smith I’ll retract all the bad stuff I said about him this century!