2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I guess we’ll find out. I know there’s no changing your mind. Just realize though that it’s incredibly hard to go 0-16, that’s why so few teams in the NFL have ever done it. It’s just not easy to not win a game.

I also don’t think Allen is any good, he’s a younger version of Case Keenum, Haskins should beat him out easily. And, if the Redskins want to know about their future, it makes sense to play Haskins the whole year.

Sims, Terry & Harmon should improve. Guice - if healthy - will be better than any back up RB that Peterson had all last year. We will have Bryce Love and JD McKissic replacing what Chris Thompson gave us at running back and at worst the combination of them & Guice is equal to CT as a receiver and change of pace back.

We didn’t have Jordan Reed at all last year and Vernon Davis only played 4 games last year. So, at TE we should have an improved Jeremy Sprinkle in his second year as a starter or we will have Richard Rogers or Logan Thomas be the starter - or a rookie - and any of those should be an upgrade over what Sprinkle was last year. 

Thomas Davis is an upgrade over our linebackers from last year, Kevin Pierre-Louis is arguably our 2nd best linebacker and Holcomb, SDH & JHC should improve.

Fuller is equal to the corners we lost, Moreau played better than Norman did last year once Moreau got healthy.

Collins is the same at SS. Sean Davis is an upgrade over Nicholson at FS. Chase Young will be an upgrade at DE.

You won't find out anything we are discussing at this moment unless all the players I named go on IR for 2020 season Week 1. 

57 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Don't forget to include Garapolo injury in thier as well. His injury played a Major role in their record as well. So they not only added Bosa, they got back their Franchise QB while adding key Free Agent pieces. Something the Skins aren't currently doing. Their key peices for Our Future is totally coming from the draft except slot CB filled by bringing Fuller back. 

And what free agent pieces did the 49ers add in 2019 to their roster in the offseaon? I’ll wait until you figure that out.

They did trade for Emanuel Sanders during the season but still this same point of the offseaon last year the 49ers hadn’t made any huge free agent moves.

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You won't find out anything we are discussing at this moment unless all the players I named go on IR for 2020 season Week 1. 

Yeah, we’ll find out but I 100% believe the team will be better this year. It may only be 2 games better but I think we’ll at least be 5-11 and that’s just based off of better coaching and our young players improving.

Just now, turtle28 said:

And what free agent pieces did the 49ers add in 2019 to their roster in the offseaon? I’ll wait until you figure that out.

They did trade for Emanuel Sanders during the season but still this same point of the offseaon last year the 49ers hadn’t made any huge free agent moves.

The Main piece they got back was Jimmy G. I do recall Jimmy G being injured witch help them land Bosa at #2 and all the other High Picks that came in the following rounds. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, we’ll find out but I 100% believe the team will be better this year. It may only be 2 games better but I think we’ll at least be 5-11 and that’s just based off of better coaching and our young players improving.

How are we gonna find out If the guys I said take away aren't taken away? 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I admit, I would feel a little better if we used some of the "extra" pieces from the defensive line in a trade to acquire additional draft choices.  I am still not sure who is considered "spare parts" with Chase Young present, but with Kerrigan being limited to one side of the field, he has to be one.  I've also said I feel that we have a roster crunch on the interior as well.  

For a team that's been as bad as we've been under Bruce Allen, we only have three top five picks to show for it.  The RGIII debacle cost the 6th overall choice that year, and the #2 overall pick two years later, and Brandon Scherff was the best pick in a really bad top 10 his year.  The other year, we hit with Trent Williams.  

So Trent Williams being one of the few elite level talents over the past 10 years that we've had indicates that you still have a need for elite talent.  From all we are hearing about Young, he's the kind of guy that's going to make that kind of impact.   I don't think we can pass it up.  There is still risk associated with drafting Young, as it is for trading down and acquiring more picks.  Look at what the Rams did with our picks from that deal- not much.  The year the Jets had four first round picks, they had a collection of talent that was pretty good, but not what everyone expected it to be.  

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29154155ecd92dc5f12e

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

How are we gonna find out If the guys I said take away aren't taken away? 

I guess I have no idea what you are talking about.  This is the strangest hypothetical question you’ve ever come up with.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

I guess I have no idea what you are talking about. 

Just now, turtle28 said:

I guess I have no idea what you are talking about. 

Read my post again. I said take those guys I named away. How is that Roster without them gonna be better than 3-13. Meaning you have no Haskins, Guice, Terry, Sweat, Payne, Collins, or Fuller. 

Without those players we are 0-16 or no better than 3-13 even with Rivera as HC. 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The Main piece they got back was Jimmy G. I do recall Jimmy G being injured witch help them land Bosa at #2 and all the other High Picks that came in the following rounds. 

Yeah, but their roster wasn’t that good on paper that’s why when they lost Jimmy G in 2018 they went 2-14 (worse than us in 2019 by the way). Also, again the 49ers weren’t big players in free agency last offseason. You can look it up. 

I mean you’re proving my point here in one way bc the with a roster similar to ours and with just Jimmy coming back, Bosa being drafted & very little done in free agency they were able to take a 2-14 team in 2018 to the Super Bowl in 2019 w/ their three additions being Jimmy G returning, Bosa being drafted at #2, Emanuel Sanders being traded for in mid season which gave them a Terry-like WR and their young players improving. 

The biggest difference between the 49ers and us right now is a vet QB - who hadn’t proven himself until last year & was still inconsistent last year - and they have George Kittle while we have no game changers at TE.

The running game carried the 49ers offense last year and their defense. Our D & running game may carry us in the same way. We just need Haskins to play as he did in December. 

I mean for as much as people claim Garoppolo is great, his season wasn’t anything special except he didn’t turn the ball over a lot:

3,978 yds (hes never thrown for 4000 yds), 27 TDs (he’s never thrown for 30 TDs) and just 13 ints.

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Read my post again. I said take those guys I named away. How is that Roster without them gonna be better than 3-13. Meaning you have no Haskins, Guice, Terry, Sweat, Payne, Collins, or Fuller. 

Without those players we are 0-16 or no better than 3-13 even with Rivera as HC. 

Why is this even a thought in your mind? What’s the point?

That’s the most extreme scenario I’ve heard that before the season you are thinking of a scenario that we won’t have 7 starters because we do have them on our roster.

If for some reason they all got hurt - which I doubt happens - then I do think we’d be better then 3-13 bc we’d have those 7 players for some of our games and we have better coaching then last year.

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm not accepting a dumb deal. If Miami isn't offering all 3 2020 1st round picks or 5, 18, 2020 2nd and 2021 1st round pick I stay put and draft Chase Young at 2. It's that simple. I nor you know what Miami is willing to offer. Show me #Facts to back your statement please. 

So then your position is you are staying out and taking Chase Young.

Because they aren’t going to offer those deals you’re talking about. It’s not going to happen. You may as well ask them to throw in a unicorn and some shoulderpads made of mithril. 

It’s a fine position. It’s perfectly legit to basically say “I’m not trading down unless someone makes us a crazy, insanely huge offer for the pick.” That’s where @lavar703 and @turtle28 and others are. That ends us up with Chase Young and he starts wrecking worlds in September.

But you’re not actually in favor of a trade down, because you would only accept deals that won’t be offered. A realistic (Redskins favorable) trade down, that I would genuinely consider, would be 5, 18, and 39 or perhaps 5, 18, and 2021 1st. That’s gotta be the absolute max they’ll get offered, I’d bet my bottom dollar on that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

I need 5, 18, 39 and a second next year ,, to start going hhhhmmmm .. ?????

Only if we trade out of the 2nd round each time being that we're as good at picking those as Joe Exotic is at picking out his outfits. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, but their roster wasn’t that good on paper that’s why when they lost Jimmy G in 2018 they went 2-14 (worse than us in 2019 by the way). Also, again the 49ers weren’t big players in free agency last offseason. You can look it up. 

I mean you’re proving my point here in one way bc the with a roster similar to ours and with just Jimmy coming back, Bosa being drafted & very little done in free agency they were able to take a 2-14 team in 2018 to the Super Bowl in 2019 w/ their three additions being Jimmy G returning, Bosa being drafted at #2, Emanuel Sanders being traded for in mid season which gave them a Terry-like WR and their young players improving. 

The biggest difference between the 49ers and us right now is a vet QB - who hadn’t proven himself until last year & was still inconsistent last year - and they have George Kittle while we have no game changers at TE.

The running game carried the 49ers offense last year and their defense. Our D & running game may carry us in the same way. We just need Haskins to play as he did in December. 

I mean for as much as people claim Garoppolo is great, his season wasn’t anything special except he didn’t turn the ball over a lot:

3,978 yds (hes never thrown for 4000 yds), 27 TDs (he’s never thrown for 30 TDs) and just 13 ints.

Keep hope alive Turtle. I don't see the Redskins adding Young and becoming a SuperBowl contender like the 49er's did. Your right though they got Bosa and Jimmy G back and were in the SuperBowl. That's not happening here. 

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why is this even a thought in your mind? What’s the point?

That’s the most extreme scenario I’ve heard that before the season you are thinking of a scenario that we won’t have 7 starters because we do have them on our roster.

If for some reason they all got hurt - which I doubt happens - then I do think we’d be better then 3-13 bc we’d have those 7 players for some of our games and we have better coaching then last year.

Because the post wasn't for you. It was a response to someone else. Yet YOU stuck your nose in the middle of the discussion without knowing exactly what We were talking about.