2020 Draft thread

lavar703

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I said awhile back I wouldn’t be shocked if Miami simply passes in Tua at 5. Now there’s stories coming out everywhere about Miami not wanting to trade up and another one from Matt Miller today that Herbert is their top guy. I’ve felt for awhile now Tua could tumble. His height, the injuries and as silly as it sounds I wonder how much him being a lefty impacts an offense? 

There’s a real possibility Burrow goes one with Herbert and Love the second and third QBs picked. I don’t think draftniks are taking the injuries as seriously as a teams front office is going too. It’s really tough to give up a bunch of draft capital to move up and pick a guy who had a major injury and you can’t work him out or give him a physical at your facility. This is going to be a real problem for Tua’s camp. 

100% agree with this. I've said for a long time if I was a GM I wouldn't take Tua in for top 10 bc of that injury. It's a very serious injury - one of the most serious you could get - and it's just a lot of draft capital to give up for that much of an injured player and a player that's been injury prone over the last two drafts. I would just stay put and see if Tua is there, if not I stand pat and take the next QB or another player I like.

24 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Rodgers tumbled to like 25 IIRC.

Jonathan Allen tumbled to 17 and he was a projected top 5 pick going into the draft.

Tua tumbling is a VERY real possibility and it's possible Miami keeps 5 and then uses one or two of the latter two firsts to trade up to get him at a lower spot.

Rodgers was 24th, Jason Campbell was 25th but:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c2ed95daaee4461003

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If they shorten the season it gives us a better chance to win the Super Bowl. Both strikes shortened seasons we won the Super Bowl when we won 2 in the 80s.

Yes. I vote for a one game season, that's our best hope in 2020

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It was a smokescreen. You ca’t believe  any news you hear the month before the draft. Almost every report is a smokescreen an inaccurate. The Redskins were trying to see what kind of price the #2 pick would be so they were saying publicly that they wanted to take Tua. That makes the Dolphins & Chargers want to offer them deals for the #2 pick and get in a bidding war.

I believe this is true and with a regular offseason, Rivera plan would have worked. We will see how far Tua falls. If he does fall I think it's more to do with the Virus not allowing Teams to have Hands on meetings/workouts not his injury. 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I said awhile back I wouldn’t be shocked if Miami simply passes in Tua at 5. Now there’s stories coming out everywhere about Miami not wanting to trade up and another one from Matt Miller today that Herbert is their top guy. I’ve felt for awhile now Tua could tumble. His height, the injuries and as silly as it sounds I wonder how much him being a lefty impacts an offense? 

There’s a real possibility Burrow goes one with Herbert and Love the second and third QBs picked. I don’t think draftniks are taking the injuries as seriously as a teams front office is going too. It’s really tough to give up a bunch of draft capital to move up and pick a guy who had a major injury and you can’t work him out or give him a physical at your facility. This is going to be a real problem for Tua’s camp. 

If these other QB's are taken before Tua, I think it's due to the Virus not allowing teams to have hands on contact with him not his actual injury. His injury updates have been positive each time he's needed to put them out. 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I believe this is true and with a regular offseason, Rivera plan would have worked. We will see how far Tua falls. If he does fall I think it's more to do with the Virus not allowing Teams to have Hands on meetings/workouts not his injury. 

That's going to affect every prospect out there.  

• Like 1

https://www.drafttek.com/m/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round3.asp

I love Drafttek’s most recent mock for the Redskins:

#2: Chase Young, DE OSU

#66: Cole Kmet, TE ND

#108: KJ Hill, WR OSU

#142: Lavert Hill, CB Michigan 

#162: Brandon Jones, S  Texas

#216: Azur Kamara, ILB Kansas

#229: Michael Divinity, OLB LSU

I have to say though, I’m thinking with one of our last 3 picks that we need to take an OL to develop like Saahdiq Charles rather then a S & 2 LBs. As we all know, we have a bunch of LBs - not sure we have 3 good starting LBs - but we do have 7 linebackers competing for 2 spots - presuming Thomas Davis has one of the LB spots locked down.

Of course, taking a flyer on Michael Divinity at the end of the 7th seems worth it although my personal opinion is he’ll go undrafted bc of his marijuana issues and being ineligible most of last year at LSU. Maybe @PARROTHEAD can weigh in on Michael Divinity, the guy has talent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2788615001

Divinity, a senior out of John Ehret High School in the New Orleans area, was suspended for the Tigers' last six games for violating the athletic department's drug testing policy for marijuana.

He also was suspended for the season opener against Georgia Southern and against Northwestern State after LSU drug tests first revealed marijuana use. Divinity, who also missed games because of an injury this season, played in only five games in all, but he still had 23 tackles and three sacks. Divinity tied for the team lead in 2018 with five sacks and had eight quarterback hurries.

LSU's drug testing policy says an athlete who tests positive four or more times must miss at least half the season, and Divinity has satisfied that without the games he missed due to injury.

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

2) Redskins really want Chase. But are listening to trade offers. They don't want to miss out on Young, Simmons AND Okudah, which is a VERY REAL possibility to them at this point in the draft if they fall anywhere below pick 5. So they will really only be trading down to 3 or 5 at the last. The Redskins have been stupid but this is a new F.O. and you have Jack Del Rio and RR salivating about those three players. Every GM knows this. 

4) The Giants are not going to trade this pick to anyone else besides Miami if we take Young. They just aren't. Because they don't want to miss out on the best LT. They will take a huge LT that they think is going to be great (Wirfs? Thomas?) as a counterpiece to the piece we just put into play on our defense.

1. If you’re that convinced that the Giants are going to take an OT, how much risk is there really of missing out on Young, Simmons, and Okudah at 6?.

2. If we’re assuming Detroit takes Young at 3 after we trade down, who is taking Okudah before 6? The Giants, after they spent $15M AAV on James Bradberry and used a 1st on DeAndre Baker last year? The Dolphins, when they just gave Byron Jones $82M and also have Xavien Howard on a big contract as well?

3. If the Chargers move up from 6, that leaves Miami still sitting there at #5, with no Burrow and Tua. Are they really going to take a defensive player over a QB there? I don’t think so. Especially if they really like Herbert as has been rumored recently.

All that said, I’m not really that concerned about missing out on Okudah in particular. I love Young and I really like Simmons (although top 5 is a rich price for an off-ball LB), but I’m already risking losing both of them if I move down to 5 anyway. Moving down to 6 and adding Okudah to the “at risk” category doesn’t move the needle much for me. I don’t like making big investments in CBs, and I don’t think Rivera does either. How much are we really suffering if we “get stuck” taking Jeudy or our top OT instead of Okudah? Not enough for me to take a potential trade-down to #6 off the board, that’s for sure. CBS posted an article a couple days ago suggesting that LAC might have to give up #6, #37, #71, and their 2021 1st to get up to #2. I’m absolutely considering that, Okudah be damned. 

• Like 1