2020 Draft thread

lavar703

31 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I think we can got the best blocking fullback at 7 round or priority free agent 

Bronson Rechsteiner, SR, Kennesaw State

this guy loves blocking, played fullback and doesn’t have to transition from TE, and has very good hands for pass catching out of the backfield. 

https://www.tribuneledgernews.com/sports/rechsteiner-impresses-during-kennesaw-state-pro-day/article_7f7b6844-63ea-11ea-8411-1f88b91820e2.html

Bronson R may actually be a running back, impressive 40 time (4.48) for a 5’10, 223 pound RB. He may be a Peyton Hillis type back. I’d love to get him. Sounds good.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I think we can got the best blocking fullback at 7 round or priority free agent 

Bronson Rechsteiner, SR, Kennesaw State

this guy loves blocking, played fullback and doesn’t have to transition from TE, and has very good hands for pass catching out of the backfield. 

https://www.tribuneledgernews.com/sports/rechsteiner-impresses-during-kennesaw-state-pro-day/article_7f7b6844-63ea-11ea-8411-1f88b91820e2.html

He had a fullback name.

also I’m completely down for drafting the son of Rick Steiner. Let’s Steiner Recliner some guys on the field.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He had a fullback name.

also I’m completely down for drafting the son of Rick Steiner. Let’s Steiner Recliner some guys on the field.

These are the two most important things about fullbacks: name and a good backstory. 

This guy’s name speaks for itself. Bronson Rechsteiner sounds like the name of the guy who fought Indiana Jones near that rotating propeller plane. So tough that he’d risk getting ripped to shreds by an active propeller to win a fistfight with an archaeologist. 

He went to Kennesaw State, which is absolutely the sort of school a fullback should come from. And his dad is Rick Steiner? The Dog Faced Gremlin himself? No-brainer. Absolute no-brainer. We can’t miss on this guy. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

These are the two most important things about fullbacks: name and a good backstory. 

This guy’s name speaks for itself. Bronson Rechsteiner sounds like the name of the guy who fought Indiana Jones near that rotating propeller plane. So tough that he’d risk getting ripped to shreds by an active propeller to win a fistfight with an archaeologist. 

He went to Kennesaw State, which is absolutely the sort of school a fullback should come from. And his dad is Rick Steiner? The Dog Faced Gremlin himself? No-brainer. Absolute no-brainer. We can’t miss on this guy. 

LOL I love it E

6 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Didn't Know that I could be more happier that we FIRED Bruce til just know when I thuaght of how badly him being my himself with control in Draft coulda went

I think I know what you’re trying to say...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f296b8e67e20665f62746

Edited by turtle28

Been watching a lot of game video lately (what else is there to do) and a guy who has caught my eye for the Redskins is Antonio Gibson from Memphis. Everyone is pretty convinced that he’ll play RB in the NFL, but from having watched how the Panthers have deployed Curtis Samuel the last couple seasons, I think he could be that guy here. 

Maybe they think Steven Sims can handle that entire role — slot receiver, gadget RB, kick returner — and he’s definitely the better receiver of the two. But I’m not sure we can trust a 180 pound guy with such a small frame to stay healthy, and Gibson would give us more in certain aspects (blocking, primarily, and at 225 pounds, he could also handle running between the tackles or in short yardage on occasion). 

I don’t know that I would jump at Gibson at 66. But he is absolutely freakin electric, and if we miss on the top WRs, he’d be an interesting guy to grab with a later 3rd (following trade down or for Trent perhaps) or one of our 4ths. Speed and versatility are the two biggest hallmarks of the modern player, and Gibson has both in spades. 

• Like 2

Incidentally, I also watched a lot of Penn State yesterday, and I definitely would like KJ Hamler now. Moreover, I also want the TE Freiermuth next year. That guy can play — I might have taken him over Kmet this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Incidentally, I also watched a lot of Penn State yesterday, and I definitely would like KJ Hamler now. Moreover, I also want the TE Freiermuth next year. That guy can play — I might have taken him over Kmet this year. 

I was always wondering why you never mentioned Hamler, he killed OSU & all the big 10 schools especially when McSorley was there. I see him as a poor man’s Djax. He has good ball tracking skills and has great open field skills. He’s a better version of Steven Sims. You draft Hamler and he probably starts opposite Terry and then Sims stays as the kick returner and slot WR. Then, we could use Harmon as a move TE/H-back like Cooley suggested.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Been watching a lot of game video lately (what else is there to do) and a guy who has caught my eye for the Redskins is Antonio Gibson from Memphis. Everyone is pretty convinced that he’ll play RB in the NFL, but from having watched how the Panthers have deployed Curtis Samuel the last couple seasons, I think he could be that guy here. 

Maybe they think Steven Sims can handle that entire role — slot receiver, gadget RB, kick returner — and he’s definitely the better receiver of the two. But I’m not sure we can trust a 180 pound guy with such a small frame to stay healthy, and Gibson would give us more in certain aspects (blocking, primarily, and at 225 pounds, he could also handle running between the tackles or in short yardage on occasion). 

I don’t know that I would jump at Gibson at 66. But he is absolutely freakin electric, and if we miss on the top WRs, he’d be an interesting guy to grab with a later 3rd (following trade down or for Trent perhaps) or one of our 4ths. Speed and versatility are the two biggest hallmarks of the modern player, and Gibson has both in spades. 

Dude I’ve been trying to gauge where I think he gets taken he’s a beast. I do like sims and think he’s gonna be a beast here. But Gibson in the right system is gonna be awesome