2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

#11 you mean? He was a sophomore last year, Tyreke Smith. If/when they play the games this year he should have a major impact.

No. I meant the guy who rode Chases back to the ground. Came from off screen, shed the guard and piled on the qb behind Chase. That was pretty dang quick for an LB.

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

No. I meant the guy who rode Chases back to the ground. Came from off screen, shed the guard and piled on the qb behind Chase. That was pretty dang quick for an LB.

Malik Harrison....projected to go in the 3rd-ish round this year. Probably LB5-LB6 in this draft. Fast and a tackle machine 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Malik Harrison....projected to go in the 3rd-ish round this year. Probably LB5-LB6 in this draft. Fast and a tackle machine 

Turtle! Why havent you mentioned this kid before as a 3rd round option? He has speed, directional speed and likes to hit.

12 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Turtle! Why havent you mentioned this kid before as a 3rd round option? He has speed, directional speed and likes to hit.

As a OSU fan I can say Malik has a nose for the football. He just always seems to be there on run plays and is incredibly good at sniffing out screens. He may lack extreme BOOM potential as a pro bowler or anything like that but he has a very high floor.

He actually reminds me a lot of Wesley Woodyard (TEN) or Craig Robertson (NO). Guys who may lack elite traits but are exceptional (and fly under the radar) early down LBs.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

We have some, but not a lot. We've also been focused on pass catchers for Haskins in round 3. 

And, I'm tired of being accused that all I care about is promoting players from Ohio State, so I try to shy away from it except for the obvious.

Still not true by the way.

Edited by turtle28

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@e16bball ’s guy!

Mark needs to stop reading my posts! 😂

But seriously, Mark is a sharp guy. I enjoy reading his articles and insights a lot. I’m not surprised he’s a fan of Pittman — there’s just a ton to like in his senior year film. He didn’t have a ton of production prior to this year, but that’s really the only knock I see at this point. Dominated on the field this year, had a great Senior Bowl week, really surprised with athleticism at the Combine. 

Unfortunately, I think he’s gone in the top 40 picks. So hopefully he goes to somebody we barely ever play. Would make a lot of sense as a reliable target for Tua to the Dolphins at 39. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Mark needs to stop reading my posts! 😂

But seriously, Mark is a sharp guy. I enjoy reading his articles and insights a lot. I’m not surprised he’s a fan of Pittman — there’s just a ton to like in his senior year film. He didn’t have a ton of production prior to this year, but that’s really the only knock I see at this point. Dominated on the field this year, had a great Senior Bowl week, really surprised with athleticism at the Combine. 

Unfortunately, I think he’s gone in the top 40 picks. So hopefully he goes to somebody we barely ever play. Would make a lot of sense as a reliable target for Tua to the Dolphins at 39. 

There’s a lot to like!!! He almost reminds me of Michael Thomas coming out. Just not great QB play but really solid numbers and production in big game great hands good body use for contested catches. I think there’s a whole lot too like with this guy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

There’s a lot to like!!! He almost reminds me of Michael Thomas coming out. Just not great QB play but really solid numbers and production in big game great hands good body use for contested catches. I think there’s a whole lot too like with this guy

That’s a good comp. I forget who wanted Michael Thomas over Doctson, I think it was Gruden who wanted Thomas and McCloughan wanted Doctson and well, the rest is history.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That’s a good comp. I forget who wanted Michael Thomas over Doctson, I think it was Gruden who wanted Thomas and McCloughan wanted Doctson and well, the rest is history.

I mean I remember being one of the few that thought he was the highest on my board but doc had the highest ceiling. But apparently I was wrong about that because Thomas has outdone what I thought he would. He’s been amazing

So Bill Barnwell from ESPN just did his annual “trade mock,” where he comes up with an interesting trade for every pick. Three of the deals he came up with involved “Washington,” as he insists on calling us. 

Trade 1:

WAS Gets: Yannick Ngakoue, 1-9, 2-42, 2021 1st (from Rams)

JAX Gets: 1-2, 2021 2nd

Trade 2:

WAS Gets: Christian McCaffrey, 1-7, 5-152

CAR Gets: 1-2

Trade 3:

WAS Gets: Riley Reiff, 4-112 (from LAC), 4-132, 5-151 (from LAC) [was part of a 3-way trade]

MIN Gets: Trent Williams

Any of those trades strike anyone’s fancy? I like to look at outside trade suggestions because they’re generally free of hopes, preferences, and biases when it comes to what they consider a fair and equitable swap.