2020 Draft thread

lavar703

Badgers trying to block the Predator, FAIL! Swipe left to the second frame, it's a video of Wisconsin trying to double Chase with the LT & RB and he still gets the sack. It's the game where he had 4 sacks vs Wisconsin.

Edited by turtle28

38 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think this sort of outcome is the only one that would tempt me enough to pass on Young.

image.png.2091ba5295b09a7ec5435b51b1f2be

The real puzzler is that they’re claiming you win that trade “83% of the time.” 

That trade is a 360, between the legs, reverse two-handed double-pump windmill slam dunk on their heads. It’s one of those NBA Jam dunks where they jump 50 feet in the air and do a dozen flips before unleashing a rim-rattling slam as the announcer bellows “boom-shaka-laka.”

• Like 7

I’ve fallen head over heels for Hunter Bryant from Washington. Maybe it’s because he’s a bit undersized but my lord his ability in the open field is nasty. I think if he’s available in the third that’s the route I’d go. Chase Young, Hunter Bryant and Saahdiq Charles are my favorites for the Redskins so far. 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’ve fallen head over heels for Hunter Bryant from Washington. Maybe it’s because he’s a bit undersized but my lord his ability in the open field is nasty. I think if he’s available in the third that’s the route I’d go. Chase Young, Hunter Bryant and Saahdiq Charles are my favorites for the Redskins so far. 

Two concerns I have with him are:

1. He’s not a great blocker and I don’t know that the willingness is there to be a great blocker. I’ve said for a while he is a poor man’s Jordan Reed to me, which is fine but personally I want TE1 to be able to block.

2. He tore his ACL and then the next year tore his meniscus. That’s a major concern for me given this teams history of drafting talented but injury prone players and us hoping they’ll magically be more healthy in the pros which never seems to happen.

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Just looked at the latest mock draft on Walter Football, and they have us taking Trey Adams with pick 162.  I'd be happy if that happened, but even with injury concerns, I don't see Adams falling into the fifth. 

They have Chaisson to Dallas.

Am I to assume its Jaylon and Chaisson on the outside for the 3-4? Cause Chaisson has the tools to be great in coverage.

20 hours ago, e16bball said:

That trade is a 360, between the legs, reverse two-handed double-pump windmill slam dunk on their heads. It’s one of those NBA Jam dunks where they jump 50 feet in the air and do a dozen flips before unleashing a rim-rattling slam as the announcer bellows “boom-shaka-laka.”

83% of the time, it works every time!

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

They have Chaisson to Dallas.

Am I to assume its Jaylon and Chaisson on the outside for the 3-4? Cause Chaisson has the tools to be great in coverage.

DeMarcus Lawrence is your LOLB. Jail-on Smith & Vanderesh are your ILBs in the 3-4.

On 4/10/2020 at 7:58 PM, lavar703 said:

To be fair, the best second round pick we’ve made in a decade is pretty damn good. He just so happens to be on the Packers. 

Gonna say I told you so (*). I went round and round with @MKnight82 about Preston. I was off by a year on the guy taking off (mostly because of what @naptownskinsfan pointed out - change in coaching)

(*) so far. It's still possible that Mknight82 was correct. We have to wait to see if he repeats his production this year.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, e16bball said:

Because of the chance that you use the picks acquired on a bust, and Chase Young goes on to become that generational talent.  Remember, we've blown trade-downs before, and the Rams didn't do much with their haul with our draft picks either.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Just looked at the latest mock draft on Walter Football, and they have us taking Trey Adams with pick 162.  I'd be happy if that happened, but even with injury concerns, I don't see Adams falling into the fifth. 

I like going there. But the site loads too slooooooooooow for me with all the darned ads. Not my connection or my laptop (gaming laptop). It's his site.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I like going there. But the site loads too slooooooooooow for me with all the darned ads. Not my connection or my laptop (gaming laptop). It's his site.

As someone who used to work at a newspaper, I completely understand ad revenue, but when those sites are overloaded with ads to the point that it slows down my computer, I will block ads.  Walter is one of those sites where it's active.  

• Like 2