2020 Draft thread

lavar703

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I like going there. But the site loads too slooooooooooow for me with all the darned ads. Not my connection or my laptop (gaming laptop). It's his site.

Yes, it’s annoying. I use Drafttek more often.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As someone who used to work at a newspaper, I completely understand ad revenue, but when those sites are overloaded with ads to the point that it slows down my computer, I will block ads.  Walter is one of those sites where it's active.  

Someone posted that he uses your computers RAM for his benefit too

There are rumors & speculation of teams wanting to trade up to #1 Bengals pick.

Whether that happens or not, we will see.

I would presume it's for QB, but what if it were for Chase Young?

What if Chase Young went #1 to the Bengals or a team trading up for him?

There's not been a whole lot of discussion on this, cause most assume it won't happen.

But when a team wants a player bad, they'll do what they need to get him.

If that happens, what do we do @#2?

Take Okudah or Simmons?

Take Wirff or Wills

You can't take Burrow or Tua....

Is trade down what you do? Take what you get...?

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If Young is gone, I believe the thought from our posters here is the same- trade it for the best offer.  At least, that was the case when you brought this up last time.  

I'm concerned this might happen.

Cause I'm not sure we would get the offers we would get, without Chase Young on the board.

Kind of like everyone knows Trent Williams is gone & teams aren't offering us crap for him. 

If teams can't get Young & know we won't draft Burrow/Tua/Herbert?

Then why wouldn't they wait, till the Lions pick at 3?

Be cheaper for them to move up..

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If Young is gone, I believe the thought from our posters here is the same- trade it for the best offer.  At least, that was the case when you brought this up last time.  

I would trade down, bc someone is going to want Tua and we could get Okudah, Simmons, an OT or WR but I wouldn’t trade down too far. Definitely not out of the top 10. If Chase is gone, I’d have to imagine at that point that Miami will give us an amazing offer.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm concerned this might happen.

Cause I'm not sure we would get the offers we would get, without Chase Young on the board.

Kind of like everyone knows Trent Williams is gone & teams aren't offering us crap for him. 

If teams can't get Young & know we won't draft Burrow/Tua/Herbert?

Then why wouldn't they wait, till the Lions pick at 3?

Be cheaper for them to move up..

If the Bengals take Young we’re auctioning off the Burrow pick. We might get all the Dolphins first rounders for that one. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 7:26 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

We all know that we won't hit on the second round pick as well.  

Its hard. Trading down out of a premium pick for multiple 'B' level picks is essentially elongating a rebuild....not fast tracking it.

The Browns (my team)-- perhaps the worst drafting team in the past 20 years given the amount of picks they have had are the reason for the amount of idiocy that happens today.

I have seen them have a top 10 pick dam near every year since they came back and squander it year after year after year after year by trading back. They are always 'rebuilding' because they always opt for 2-3 solid picks over 1 great one.

My stance is this and Ive voiced my opinion on the Browns board numerous times: WE EARNED THAT TOP 5 PICK BECAUSE WE SUCK AND NEED IT. Quit trading out of it and the best shot at a franchise changing player who will at bare minimum put fans in the stands. Take the odds of 1 guy who stands a 50%+ chance of changing your franchise over 3 guys who have a 15% chance of changing your franchise. 

Take Chase Young and dont look back. O-H

903020ceb679.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its hard. Trading down out of a premium pick for multiple 'B' level picks is essentially elongating a rebuild....not fast tracking it.

The Browns (my team)-- perhaps the worst drafting team in the past 20 years given the amount of picks they have had are the reason for the amount of idiocy that happens today.

I have seen them have a top 10 pick dam near every year since they came back and squander it year after year after year after year by trading back. They are always 'rebuilding' because they always opt for 2-3 solid picks over 1 great one.

My stance is this and Ive voiced my opinion on the Browns board numerous times: WE EARNED THAT TOP 5 PICK BECAUSE WE SUCK AND NEED IT. Quit trading out of it and the best shot at a franchise changing player who will at bare minimum put fans in the stands. Take the odds of 1 guy who stands a 50%+ chance of changing your franchise over 3 guys who have a 15% chance of changing your franchise. 

Take Chase Young and dont look back. O-H

903020ceb679.gif

I-O

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Who is that. I guess no.19 Gant to Chases far right? He comes from 5 yards to the right of Chase, sheds a block and nearly beats him there.

Hows he as a prospect? He has speed.

#11 you mean? He was a sophomore last year, Tyreke Smith. If/when they play the games this year he should have a major impact.