2020 Draft thread

lavar703

thought about creating a new topic, but probably better here. Name the team and player you think will draft outside the first round (but regardless of round).

I think Jake Fromm will be drafted by the Patriots. He's perfect for them and will go so far as to predict in 10 years- he will have the best career record of any QB  drafted in this class. 

1 minute ago, Doc Draper said:

thought about creating a new topic, but probably better here. Name the team and player you think will draft outside the first round (but regardless of round).

I think Jake Fromm will be drafted by the Patriots. He's perfect for them and will go so far as to predict in 10 years- he will have the best career record of any QB  drafted in this class. 

Michael Pittman to the Seachickens. 

• Like 2

I just mean at Redskins Park, not on our forum. I'm pretty sure that Gruden wanted Thomas and McCloughan wanted Doctson. I wanted a DL in round 1 and Thomas or Sua in round 2. I was a big Sua guy, I had no clue he had the mental issues and other issues he did. I thought he could be a poor mans Polumalu.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I agree with that, probably in the 3rd. They may trade up for him.

I don't think he’ll have the best career, Burrow will or Tua if they stay healthy. 

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I just mean at Redskins Park, not on our forum. I'm pretty sure that Gruden wanted Thomas and McCloughan wanted Doctson. I wanted a DL in round 1 and Thomas or Sua in round 2. I was a big Sua guy, I had no clue he had the mental issues and other issues he did. I thought he could be a poor mans Polumalu.

Go read the old posts. You were not a Thomas fan. You thought Braxton Miller was better. 

• Like 1

2020 draft All Name Team

QB Jalen Hurts- so appropriate for a Redskins team

RB D'Andre Swift

WR Henry Ruggs- I prefer bare and smooth, but every now and again a Rugg is interesting

TE Albert Okwuegbunam for the comedy in hearing announces destroy his name. Can you imagine Sonny and Sam calling his name in the fourth quarter after each was well through a bottle of scotch

TE Dalton Keene this is such a badazz name. He could be the cooler  in Roadhouse

OG Danny Pinter  for those rare days when a scotch wont do- have yourself some Pinter

OT  Matt Peart  and Terence Steele   nothing like some jiggling Perties one one side resulting in Steele on the other

DE  D.J Wonnum might be us in 2020 Wonone or Won-none

DT  Leki Fotu  what a lot of fans have been telling Danny for years

LB  Patrick Queen  we do stand for diversity and inclusivity

CB  Harrison Hand great name for a cornerback

SS Geno Stone- you cant play wide receiver with this name, strong safety is your position 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Go read the old posts. You were not a Thomas fan. You thought Braxton Miller was better. 

Pretty sure I didn’t like him in the first round but I’m sure I didn’t put that on every post I ever wrote. 

I didn’t want Miller with our first round pick either. I was thinking 3rd as a slot guy and a guy we could use on reverses and even WR throws.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

He also said Doctson was the best WR in the class.

And I was wrong. That being said, I didn’t want a WR in round 1. My position was if we go WR Doctson has the most upside but I didn’t want a WR.

I wanted a DL, just as I wanted Leonard Williams over Scherff in 2015 bc our DL was trash back then.

I was pretty clear that I thought Thomas was a second round guy and hey, I was wrong. The reason I thought that was I watched every game and he never did that much but I didn’t take the just average QB play into account from JT Barrett. 

It just goes to show you when you’re evaluating a player you need to evaluate not only them but everything around them that may or may not be leading to their success in college.