News and Notes W3: Dez says it would be "lovely" to return

Matts4313

28 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

If true, then in a bidding war 1st and 3rd probably won't be near enough. Especially when Dallas is expected to be a low first rder. 

MF was traded for a potential top 10 pick plus 2 other picks, just saying..

A 2020 1st + 2020 3rd + 2021 3rd + Taco for Adams. 

Edited by Tony7188

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Fitzpatrick....

Ramsey.....

Now: 

Something is in the water. All these young DBs hate their teams.

No, its not the water. I can say with almost absolute certainty that what you are seeing is the result of the "no red pen society." This generation of 20 something year olds has been guarded, protected, redirected and given the idea that "everybody wins" "everyone gets a trophy" "There are no failures in here" etc, etc, etc. Which is a product of the No Child Left Behind nonsense where the child can do whatever they want or NOT do whatever they want (meaning their work, responsibilities or other) and they grow up with a sense of entitlement. So here they are, been placed on a pedestal in college, been to the dog and pony show (NFL draft) commercials, national tv, money etc.

One problem, you got drafted by a losing team. You don't like the FO or the coaching staff or the fact that your team suffered some early season injuries or whatever, so your reality of hosting Vince in Feb is fading fast. Rather than take it like a mature adult they revert back to what they have always been given, WHAAAAAA!!!!!!!! I WANT MY WAY!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!! WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

You know what, grow the F*** Up, tough it out, play the damn game to the best of your ability and hope that next year your franchise figures it out. To add, I have no sympathy for people who make millions of dollars for working 5 months out of the year, have THEE best medical coverage and surgeons available and will probably end up on some talking heads show after their brief careers earning some ridiculous amount of money for talking about football.

7 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

@Matts4313 Deion explains why Ramsey was upset on the sidelines. He's stuck on a losing franchise, playing in a coverage that doesn't best utilize his skills. I can understanding why he's upset. 

Shouldn't have signed his contract. That's what contracts are for. A written, signed agreement based on mutual consent. Deal with punk!

I don't want to harp on the Ramsey situation, but Deion Sanders if full of sheet. Doug Marrone is the HC. That makes him the boss, like it or not. He can do what he wants on that field and get in the face of players about their attitude. This is how it's suppose to work. Ramsey is wrong here and a complete ******* tool. The end. 

5 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

So Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Antonio Brown don't act like "little beaches" huh?

Myles Jack, Dez, OBJ? 

5/6 of those players havent demanded trades.

5/6 of those players have never had to be physically restrained on the side lines

5/6 of those players have never shown up to training camp in a ridiculous fashion

6/6 of those player have never done a GQ interview bashing all their colleagues.. 

6/6 of those players know how to do press conferences with a modicum of professionalism.

1/6 of those players is insane, possibly sexually assaulted two people, so I dont know why you listed him. 

Again, there are probably ~50-100 players not happy with their situation every year. You just dont hear about it. 

Edited by Matts4313

17 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don't want to harp on the Ramsey situation, but Deion Sanders if full of sheet. Doug Marrone is the HC. That makes him the boss, like it or not. He can do what he wants on that field and get in the face of players about their attitude. This is how it's suppose to work. Ramsey is wrong here and a complete ******* tool. The end. 

If he can do that, why did the opposite happen then? I don't recall seeing any Jaguars players get in Ramsey's face during (or after) the altercation to tell him he was out of line. In fact a defensive player was quick to defend Ramsey by pointing for Marrone to walk away and go coach instead. 

Like it or not, the NFL players are moving closer towards the NBA players method of thinking. It's a player driven league and if they're unhappy with how the team is being run, they're leaving/requesting trades.

14 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:
43 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

He can do what he wants on that field and get in the face of players about their attitude. This is how it's suppose to work. Ramsey is wrong here and a complete ******* tool. The end. 

If he can do that, why did the opposite happen then

I cant tell if you are being serious? 

Its like you havent followed the hierarchy of the NFL command structure in the last 100 years. And news flash, its not changing anytime soon. Did you see Bell just lose about ~15-20% of his lifetime earnings by being stupid? 

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

5/6 of those players havent demanded trades.

5/6 of those players have never had to be physically restrained on the side lines

5/6 of those players have never shown up to training camp in a ridiculous fashion

6/6 of those player have never done a GQ interview bashing all their colleagues.. 

6/6 of those players know how to do press conferences with a modicum of professionalism.

1/6 of those players is insane, possibly sexually assaulted two people, so I dont know why you listed him. 

Again, there are probably ~50-100 players not happy with their situation every year. You just dont hear about it. 

Dez had to be physically restrained and talked to by both Witten and Ware after the Lions game, where he said in an interview he feels like he's better than Calvin Johnson.

OBJ lost it on the sidelines in the game vs Carolina with Norman and to be physically restrained by coaches. He also said in an interview (beside Lil Wayne) he would like to play in a different city, after signing a huge contract with the Giants 

Myles Jack went crazy in Game 1 of this season and had to be dragged into the lockerroom by a coach. 

Antonio Brown lost it and slapped his coach hand away from him when Big Ben (another "little beach" who threatened retirement and complained when the Steelers drafted Rudolph) missed him for a TD last year. 

Even the goat Tom Brady, had a screaming match with Bill O'Brien where players had to break it up. 

Now is Ramsey the perfect player? No. Should he time it down a little bit? Yes he should. But the point I'm trying to make is that this of him being an egomanic or a cancer/toad is an extreme overreaction. Many players do a ton of stuff similar or worse than that. It's football. 

Edited by Tony7188

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I cant tell if you are being serious? 

Its like you havent followed the hierarchy of the NFL command structure in the last 100 years. And news flash, its not changing anytime soon. Did you see Bell just lose about ~15-20% of his lifetime earnings by being stupid? 

So what happened when Marrone got in Ramsey's face? The players told Marrone to walk away and go coach, with one player pointing for him to do so. He's still the boss and can do what he wants but the players reaction to Marrone doing that was telling. 

We all know the heirarchy in sports. But similar to the NBA, NFL players (superstars) are starting to leverage control over how they want their careers to go. Bell, Brown, Fitzpatrick, Ramsey, Adams (possibly) are perfect examples. That's all I'm saying. Gone are the times where players will "stick it out" with one team through the hard times.

As for Bell, yes he lost 15-20% of his earnings by missing all of last year. But if he plays on the one year franchise tag and gets injured, he risks losing a lot more. Look at what happened to Anthony Spencer. Break out season on the franchise tag, got tagged again and then was seriously injured. I don't think you can call Bell stupid after seeing the contract he got. 

Edited by Tony7188

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

So? Lots of players have similar situations. You dont see them acting like little beaches. 

Regardless of one's profession you don't air your dirty laundry in public.  If I were the Jags head coach I would've knocked Ramsey into the middle of next week.  I would pass on Ramsey.  Great talent, but he scores too high on the diva scale.  Adams on the other hand I would go all in for.  

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

So what happened when Marrone got in Ramsey's face? The players told Marrone to walk away and go coach, with one player pointing for him to do so. He's still the boss and can do what he wants but the players reaction to Marrone doing that was telling. 

We all know the heirarchy in sports. But similar to the NBA, NFL players (superstars) are starting to leverage control over how they want their careers to go. Bell, Brown, Fitzpatrick, Ramsey, Adams (possibly) are perfect examples. That's all I'm saying. Gone are the times where players will "stick it out" with one team through the hard times.

As for Bell, yes he lost 15-20% of his earnings by missing all of last year. But if he plays on the one year franchise tag and gets injured, he risks losing a lot more. Look at what happened to Anthony Spencer. Break out season on the franchise tag, got tagged again and then was seriously injured. I don't think you can call Bell stupid after seeing the contract he got. 

Bell was offered a bigger contract from the Steelers than the one he signed with the Jets. He didn't just lose a year. He lost a year and now gets paid less.

NFL players will never, ever be close to the NBA. 1 player just doesn't matter enough (outside QB)