Trade Demands (Ramsey, etc.) - Who should the Lions trade for?

Karnage84

6 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I actually think if we go for a cb we should go for Xavien Howard instead of Ramsey. will costs less and Howard is already under contract. if we offered the dolphins our 1st for Howard and DeVante Parker. that would be totally worth it. Parker would look good with Jones Golladay and the O. .. Howard would be Slays crime in partner.

I get where you're coming from but at some point you need to put guys on the field and at least try to win. Howard also has not demonstrated that he wants out. Unlike the Jaguars, the Dolphins would have all of the leverage. Worst case scenario - the bring back a guy that wants to be there who is near the top of his position. Best case scenario - they are offered a deal they can't turn down, which is going to have to be a LOT. The only saving grace to this is that his dead cap would like $2M as a post-June 1st trade. If he was traded before June 1st they would have had to eat $17.5M.

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I get picks don't do anything now, but it appears we are building something and Quinn has hit on his picks more often than not.  I am not jumping on the kool aid bandwagon yet as there are still just too many holes on this team.  We did let Kyler Murray look like a stud and come back and tie us.  We still struggle with game management and when/what situations to challenge, we still have multiple holes I think we need to fill.  If we are going to trade picks, I would rather trade lesser picks for solid vets on decent contracts opposed to a bunch of picks for one player that costs a lot.  I don't think Ramsey makes us a super bowl contender, or at least doesn't move the needle enough to risk our future.  Our CBs have played well, if there was a big hole, I'd be more willing but I have been happy with the DB play even with Slay out last week.

Coleman/Melvin have done well. Not particularly sure who else you're talking about. I don't think Fords been anything but average even below average.

What do you think the result of last weeks game would of been if we had Ramsey play in that game with Slay out as well? Do we win, still lose, wouldn't of mattered at all?

40 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I get where you're coming from but at some point you need to put guys on the field and at least try to win. Howard also has not demonstrated that he wants out. Unlike the Jaguars, the Dolphins would have all of the leverage. Worst case scenario - the bring back a guy that wants to be there who is near the top of his position. Best case scenario - they are offered a deal they can't turn down, which is going to have to be a LOT. The only saving grace to this is that his dead cap would like $2M as a post-June 1st trade. If he was traded before June 1st they would have had to eat $17.5M.

only reason I bought up Howard is cause the Dolphins are tanking, The jags and Ramsey is different apparently the Eagles offered the jags 1st and 2nd for Ramsey and got shot down and Cbs reported a team offered them 2 1st for ramsey and got shot down as well

4 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

only reason I bought up Howard is cause the Dolphins are tanking, The jags and Ramsey is different apparently the Eagles offered the jags 1st and 2nd for Ramsey and got shot down and Cbs reported a team offered them 2 1st for ramsey and got shot down as well

Oh, I completely get it. If Howard wanted out like Ramsey does and the Jags were tanking like the Dolphins are, either guy would be ripe for a trade. For now, it doesn't appear to me that either guy is going to get traded and if so, not to us.

37 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Coleman/Melvin have done well. Not particularly sure who else you're talking about. I don't think Fords been anything but average even below average.

What do you think the result of last weeks game would of been if we had Ramsey play in that game with Slay out as well? Do we win, still lose, wouldn't of mattered at all?

I don't think Ford played poorly, especially with Diggs going out.  There wasn't a receiver that beat us consistently, so I am not sure Jalen Ramsey makes us a winner in that game.  I think the bigger issue is KJ holding onto the ball, or Patricia not blowing challenges on dumb things like spotting the ball that nearly ever get overturned, or the defense not spying Mahomes on 4th and 8 on the last drive when he already killed us a couple times on similar plays were reasons we lost.  Would Ramsey help, yes, but he still is a player at a position of strength for the Lions IMO and I am not sure he is worth sending multiple firsts for  given the other non-strengths we could use them on.   

Just now, Karnage84 said:

Which guy do you want to see upgraded and any suggestions on who might fit that spot?

I see to many pass completions over the middle. It just seems our middle guys get beat to often. 

As for who’s available. 🤔 

I really hadn’t given replacement much of a thought as far as who. 

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

I see to many pass completions over the middle. It just seems our middle guys get beat to often. 

As for who’s available. 🤔 

I really hadn’t given replacement much of a thought as far as who. 

So is that Davis or Tavai or both you view as the issue?

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

So is that Davis or Tavai or both you view as the issue?

Frankly, both. Tavai is still learning and I suppose to a lesser extent Davis is as well. They might be the guy, some day. 

Maybe it’s just me and the confusion that Patricia’s defence has created for me but it seems his defence would really benefit from a top notch middle linebacker. A guy that can cover yet be effective against the run. Rushing three and sometimes two, while effective at eventually getting there it puts stress on the secondary and gives those receivers and TE’s time to get open in the middle. 

Maybe I’m viewing it all wrong but unless Patricia has a revelation adding to the dline would be a waste. I would like another top flight corner but I think upgrading MLB if they can would be the biggest gain for the dollars spent.

4 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Both? Maybe more Killebrew/Reeves-Maybin on passing downs?

6 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Frankly, both. Tavai is still learning and I suppose to a lesser extent Davis is as well. They might be the guy, some day. 

Maybe it’s just me and the confusion that Patricia’s defence has created for me but it seems his defence would really benefit from a top notch middle linebacker. A guy that can cover yet be effective against the run. Rushing three and sometimes two, while effective at eventually getting there it puts stress on the secondary and gives those receivers and TE’s time to get open in the middle. 

Maybe I’m viewing it all wrong but unless Patricia has a revelation adding to the dline would be a waste. I would like another top flight corner but I think upgrading MLB if they can would be the biggest gain for the dollars spent.

So where would you put Davis and/or Tavai? Would Tavai replace Christian Jones? Tavai is a 2nd round rookie from MWC. I'd give him a bit more rope as he's learning in comparison to our 1st round SEC guy in Davis.

Your comment on the rushing 3/2 is more of a scheme issue, so that could be creating some issues with the LB play.

Our DL is getting pressure but not finishing things. It's a tough job when you're probably going 5 on 3 but it would be nice to have a penetrating DLinemen get into the mix and get some sacks as opposed to just QB pressures.

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

So where would you put Davis and/or Tavai? Would Tavai replace Christian Jones? Tavai is a 2nd round rookie from MWC. I'd give him a bit more rope as he's learning in comparison to our 1st round SEC guy in Davis.

On passing downs I'd either have them blitzing or on the bench. Where they were drafted or where they played in college is irrelevant if they're not cutting it covering their assignments. 

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Your comment on the rushing 3/2 is more of a scheme issue, so that could be creating some issues with the LB play.

Our DL is getting pressure but not finishing things. It's a tough job when you're probably going 5 on 3 but it would be nice to have a penetrating DLinemen get into the mix and get some sacks as opposed to just QB pressures.

I don’t disagree however unless Patricia does change the scheme I don’t see a DT making much difference. They have a very talented group that are held back from splash stats by the scheme. The new guy would also be held back.

As I mentioned the scheme allows plays over the middle to develop.

It will be interesting to see what Quinn does.