GDT Week 3: Denver Broncos @ Green Bay Packers

thebestever6

I think we can put to rest the idea that Flacco is our future.   He's WAY better than our 2016-18 QB's, but that's a low bar.   He's immobile, not going to get better, and we see what the issues are when he feels pressure.    

To be clear, Flacco is a clear upgrade on what we've had the past 3 years, but games like this show his limitations in spades.  

• Like 1

I thought this team played as well as it possibly could in the first half given the shortcomings of the team. 

As a fan of this team I'd like given Fangios age, the shortcomings of the team, depth of the roster to get into sell mode asap.

I'd like to see a product materialize before Fangio, or Elway hangs it up. This team is going nowhere fast. They're 6-10 7-9 material. 

I just don't want these being dead years of this organization all due to ownership dysfunction/ lack of direction. 

We were never going to compete this year; what I've been looking for is an improvement in accountability and fundamentals as the season goes on. Over the last two years there was an awful lot of hand holding and coddling going on when it came to players not giving max effort, and it was always going to take a while to undo that. Fangio came in and called them on it, straight up. Some players responded like Chubb. Some have responded like Miller. The thing is, you will never win in this league until you have a good coach and an established system. But until you have a locker room that has fully bought into that system, there is no way to judge whether or not it's working. That's why a lot of coaches struggle in thier first year, and Fangio will be no different. Again, I would bet that Von is out of here by the bye week. And that's fine. Let him go half *** it for 10 sacks a season on someone else's dime. Spend this offseason/draft focusing on three things: O-line, ILB and our secondary. And make sure those players are hungry, angry, coachable and ready to buy in like Risner, Lindsay and Chubb. I guarantee we will be looking at a different team by his time next year. Just takes time.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Some have responded like Miller. The thing is, you will never win in this league until you have a good coach and an established system. But until you have a locker room that has fully bought into that system, there is no way to judge whether or not it's working.

I get all of this I just don't like messy. How do they go about doing this wait until the offseason? Call out players during film (the eye in the sky doesn't lie), Ruffle some feathers during film sessions until they demand out?

I'm putting vets that have to be externally motivated on the trading block asap. If you need to be a championship contender to perform to your professional ability this isn't the place right now.

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 2