GDT Week 3: Denver Broncos @ Green Bay Packers

thebestever6

15 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I get all of this I just don't like messy. How do they go about doing this wait until the offseason? Call out players during film (the eye in the sky doesn't lie), Ruffle some feathers during film sessions until they demand out?

I'm putting vets that have to be externally motivated on the trading block asap. If you need to be a championship contender to perform to your professional ability this isn't the place right now.

This. What we appear to have right now are several veterans on this team who have become accustomed to the idea that it's not their fault/problem we are losing. Or even worse, players who don't care. There's nothing you can do with those guys except get rid of them. Because they will poison the rest of that locker room. Right now we have some young building blocks in place who are all playing serious football. Guys like Chubb, Lindsay, Risner and Sutton. Those are who you build around. And as far as I'm concerned, anyone in that locker room who threatens to temper that attitude is expendable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1234567 said:

This. What we appear to have right now are several veterans on this team who have become accustomed to the idea that it's not their fault/problem we are losing. Or even worse, players who don't care. There's nothing you can do with those guys except get rid of them. Because they will poison the rest of that locker room. Right now we have some young building blocks in place who are all playing serious football. Guys like Chubb, Lindsay, Risner and Sutton. Those are who you build around. And as far as I'm concerned, anyone in that locker room who threatens to temper that attitude is expendable. 

What do you expect? They’re passionate players that hate losing. Aside from Von, who has coasted for the past three seasons, I don’t blame Emmanuel. He wants to win, we’re not winning. It’s not his fault our defense can’t get pressure or takeaways. It’s not his fault Garrett Bolles holds like a newborn to a ***. It’s not his fault Vic Fangio is in over his head. It’s not his fault we have a bad ownership situation and The worst scouting organization and GM in football.

I agree, we need to get rid of them, but don’t act like they’re the reason this team is a bottom 5 team in football. The problem is the draft capital we receive would be wasted on players who won’t last 4 seasons in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

I agree, we need to get rid of them, but don’t act like they’re the reason this team is a bottom 5 team in football. The problem is the draft capital we receive would be wasted on players who won’t last 4 seasons in the NFL.

I didn't get that from his post at all I got the vibes you have to start somewhere to build a foundation and make the team stable. Give them chances to win some where else and chase their stats.

Edited by thebestever6

4 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

What do you expect? They’re passionate players that hate losing. Aside from Von, who has coasted for the past three seasons, I don’t blame Emmanuel. He wants to win, we’re not winning. It’s not his fault our defense can’t get pressure or takeaways. It’s not his fault Garrett Bolles holds like a newborn to a ***. It’s not his fault Vic Fangio is in over his head. It’s not his fault we have a bad ownership situation and The worst scouting organization and GM in football.

Lol I never mentioned Sanders at any point in my post. And I'm not "acting" like they are the reason we are a bottom 5 team. But these vets who have developed this piss poor attitude WILL prevent us from successfully building around the young core of players we have who DO have the right attitude. Because misery loves company. So does laziness. 

• Like 2

I think what sums up this team so far is the fact that we can’t get a pass rush.  That was literally the biggest thing this team/defense had going in it’s favor.  When Von Miller/Bradley Chubb haven’t registered a sack in 3 games and someone else (Harris/Walker/Wolfe/Gotsis/Jones (or just the interior combined)) aren’t feasting because those 2 are drawing so much attention that is concerning.  

Honestly, about the only positives so far is the young offensive talent has looked improved.  Other than that, this is just a bad football team facing the toughest schedule in football.  I don’t expect things to turn around this season and Elway and the rest of the FO will be forced to take a long hard look at whether they’re going to continue trying to bandaid this team or embrace a rebuild.

3 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Bradley Chubb isn’t a good enough pass rusher to be taken 5th overall. I never understood his hype. His sacks last year were mostly coverage sacks. He’s a Robert Ayers type you took at five instead of a real generational talent.

Completely disagree, I think he can be closer to a Suggs type cornerstone than an Ayers.

And that's coming from someone who wanted the Buffalo trade offer. 

Edited by thebestever6

32 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

1 Did Bolles get though a game w/o holding ?

I think he did, not sure though. He's worked hard at painting a target on himself with holding calls. With the extra scrutiny he gets a clean game will be really tough to produce.