Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins

MikeT14

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It's not all on him, a lot of it is the injuries our WRs suffered and Reed had the fractured toe which kept him out of camp. Then, the new CBA has so many restrictions on playing in pads and hitting and all this stuff. 

Its also not like we weren't in this game. If Kirk sets his feet, follows through and delivers a better pass to Crowder we score a TD there. If Pryor doesn't lose the ball in the sun on the first play, we may have opened up the game with a TD pass on the very first play. We had bad penalties by Jordan Reed and a fumbled punt by Crowder. Kirk had that first fumble which should have NEVER happened.  Then, Scherff had a non-block on Cox which sealed the win for the Eagles. I don't see that happening every week. 

Our offense didn't look good and was out of sync but I don't think we are as far off from being a passing offense that throws for 300 yards and 2 or 3 TDs a game as people think.

Yes, I am concerned as everyone else and disappointed we didn't play better on offense but Do I think our offense will look this bad all season long? No, NO I don't!

These kinds of things happen repeatedly Turtle. If its not Scherff, its Moses. If its not Reed, its someone else. This falls on coaching.

And dont blame the CBA. The CBA didnt prevent the Pats from coming to play last year. It doesnt keep other teams from coming to play. Just ours (and other bad teams), apparently. Its an excuse. And a bad one.

8 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Question .... would y'all give Kapernick a chance if say the skins where 2-4 with good defense but the O is awful?

i wouldn't mind him as a back up heck for this year and next year if Cousins leaves and we draft a qb .

No. We sign Kap and that's the last day I'm a fan of this team. But that's a topic we wont discuss here.

The Redskins have consistently been unprepared to start the season under Gruden. Not only that but you add in the fact that Allen allowed his ego to get in the way of re-signing our best free agents and you have this. We lost and the team looked lost. Fumbles, interceptions, penalties and poor decision making. This team doesn't look good at all.

Just now, lavar703 said:

The Redskins have consistently been unprepared to start the season under Gruden. Not only that but you add in the fact that Allen allowed his ego to get in the way of re-signing our best free agents and you have this. We lost and the team looked lost. Fumbles, interceptions, penalties and poor decision making. This team doesn't look good at all.

Different players except the Coaches and Front Office.

See my sig line quote. It still holds true

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We had Kaepernick already in RG3 and it doesn't be work in Jays timing offense. Plus Kaep is terrible. Just lose and get a top 5 pick and a new staff. Start over the correct way. Do what the raiders did. 

If if we lose to the Rams and " depending " how our O is or even D we possibly go 0-4... no way we beat KC in KC and the raiders are better than us .

Archived